All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Shuffle a la iPod
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:38 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Just got me an iPod Shuffle (2nd Generation) yesterday.
Traded in my PSP at EB and then went and got it at Walmart.

I finally realized (after going from DS to DS Lite, and DS Lite to PSP) what I really wanted out of this whole handheld phase I've been going through...

an mp3 player.

When I first got my PSP it was awesome, and I played it a lot.... but after about a month and a half (compared to my 4 - 4 1/2 month DS phase) I found that all I ever used it for anymore was an MP3 player, and using it strictly to play music makes it feel like a total waste (plus it's not the smallest device around, and when I would put it in my pocket and start walking, it would turn sideways and look really goofy).

The PSP was cool for a (very short) season, but I have a good feeling my iPod is going to have a MUCH longer life.

Oh yeah, if your wondering how small it is, here's a good pic I found comparing it to a quarter.....

It's so small and lightweight, I can actually just put the earbuds in my ears, drop it and it just hangs there (I can also swing it around and the earbuds still stay in my ears nice and solid).

All I can say is it's exacly what I wanted in an mp3 player.... 1GB of space (I don't have a monster music collection like some), it's lightweight, the music quality is great, and I can attach it anywhere!
What more could you want? 8)

[EdiT] Oh yeah, that pic used to be a lot bigger, and I dunno how I did it, but I just realized when I resized that pic, I made it almost perfectly to-scale..... so the size it is in the pic is almost exactly how big it really is.

Post subject: Re: Shuffle a la iPod
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:48 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

i have a psp,

i would rather have a psp because you can only hear music on ipod thats about it,

i prefer something with more features, worth my money.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:58 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
i have a psp,

i would rather have a psp because you can only hear music on ipod thats about it,

i prefer something with more features, worth my money.

I know this Dragon (everyone on this forum knows it), but what I'm saying is it wasn't worth MY money.
No matter how much I enjoyed surfing the web on a handheld, it just wasn't enough to keep me interested (even playing Vice City felt recycled and boring after a season).

This thread isn't about why you prefer the PSP, it's about ME and my new iPod, ok? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:13 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

the shuffles are awesome. I've got a 1st gen nano, and I can also swing it from the ear buds (mind you, it will come off if you swing too hard ;))

but the new shuffles are kool, if I wasn't such a control freak with my music, I"d get one if my nano blew (I'd prolly get a 5g iPod. mmm... video...)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:20 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Evil_Muska wrote:
No matter how much I enjoyed surfing the web on a handheld, it just wasn't enough to keep me interested (even playing Vice City felt recycled and boring after a season).

well if music keeps you intrested you could have bought an mp3 player for 30dollars or maybe less,

well i dont think a product with 1 main feature would keep me intrested in the product. unless its cheap, i never liked ipod's because i can listen to music on my mobile phone, 250 euro's for an ipod, damn i would rather buy a new jacket for 250 euro's.

Last edited by Dragonathan on Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:29 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Dont bother with the Ipod now, wait for the Iphone, it should be more useful than having just an Ipod and more convienient than having a cellphone and an Ipod.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:13 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Evil_Muska wrote:
It's so small and lightweight, I can actually just put the earbuds in my ears, drop it and it just hangs there (I can also swing it around and the earbuds still stay in my ears nice and solid).

same thing with the 1st Gen. my sister has the 2nd gen shuffle...

[EdiT by Muska] Fixed your quote. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:00 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
250 euro's for an ipod, damn i would rather buy a new jacket for 250 euro's.

I dunno how the currency converts, but the 2nd Gen Shuffle only costs a little over $80.

The reason I didn't get a $30 - $40 mp3 player is because of a little thing called quality.

My younger brother and mom both have cheap mp3 players, and the quality is far below that of my iPod.

The biggest downside of using an iPod is having to use iTunes, which makes me sit up at night crying :cry:.

It's so damn unuser-friendly it has driven me to pounding on the monitor in sheer frustration (It took me 4-5 minutes just to figure out how to transfer music onto my iPod, they make it so difficult and it's almost like they were hiding it from me).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:02 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

iTunes can be evil. (I can't eject my iPod through it. haven't been able to since iTunes 7 came out)

ooh! iTunes alternatives! hooray!
*edit* stay away from musicmatch. it takes a HDD wipe to get it off.

I'd probably use one of those, but I"ve got a good list of music store music, and you need iTuens to sync it properly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:45 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

it wrote:
I can't eject my iPod through it. haven't been able to since iTunes 7 came out

Yeah, I have the same problem, and sometimes more-so (I've had to turn the computer completely off a couple times because iTunes froze the computer and I couldn't eject my iPod :evil:).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:59 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

what I do is I wait until mine doesn't show "do not disconnect" no matter what iTunes says (as long asi it's not updating) I'll disconnect. but I gues the problem with the shuffle is it has no screen....

but again, stay away from musicmatch.don't touch it with a remotely-operated robot with a 500 foot pole. I had it on my machine, I uninstalled it 3-4 years ago, deleted the directory, and it STILL shows up when I put in a CD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:03 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

it wrote:
what I do is I wait until mine doesn't show "do not disconnect" no matter what iTunes says (as long asi it's not updating) I'll disconnect. but I gues the problem with the shuffle is it has no screen....

but again, stay away from musicmatch.don't touch it with a remotely-operated robot with a 500 foot pole. I had it on my machine, I uninstalled it 3-4 years ago, deleted the directory, and it STILL shows up when I put in a CD.

Yeah, my parent's comp had it 2 - 3 hdd whipes ago, I was glad to see it die. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:33 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

what do you mean? its so easy to put music on your iPod!!! all you do is drag the files from Music into the iPod icon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:53 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

JesusFreak wrote:
what do you mean? its so easy to put music on your iPod!!! all you do is drag the files from Music into the iPod icon.

Well it would have been nice to know that earlier :?, thanks all the same though.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]