All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:44 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

8_Bit_Brad wrote:
IDK, but imagine something of that sort for the Wii.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Dude, don't say that!

Now I'm going to be thinking "They better implement that" all week. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:27 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I just wish that trackir would be in FSX. 'd suprose my dad with it. of course, I'd also use the $30 off coupon on the tactical gaming page.

but AA looks good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:24 am 
High Master
High Master

Lol, I bought a simple Emachines at WalMart, stuck a GeForce 7900 in it, got 3 gigs of RAM, and it makes BF2 look wimpy, trust me, easy to get, and only about $600. :D Yes I said only. Thats cheap in the mondo puter world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:08 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well, in my case I dont buy premade computers for one reason, quality. Premade computers usualy use generic parts that burn up much faster or are not as efficient - simply to make them cheaper. It is possible to get a top quality machine for the same price as a prebuilt one, you just have to know what you want and where to get it.

BF2 isnt much of a benchmark in the first place, any computer you buy today, just slap in a video card liek the GeFFX 5500 or the ATi9600 and youre ready to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:22 am 
High Master
High Master

umm, just so you know, the 5500 looks like crap on BF2. Yes it was a premade but most of the parts I replaced. My 7900 looks excellent on almost any game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:04 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Im just giving the cheapest things you may need for BF2, obviously it would look like crap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:51 am 
High Master
High Master

Well the recommended card is the GeForce 5700, which isn't much more than any 5500, if any. I would suggest getting a recommended card, because my 5500 was awfully slow on even very low graphics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:11 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Here is the general break down: cards with:

"300" are express cards, basically only good for office work.
"600" are mainstream cards, used for workstations.
"800" are gaming cards, well obviously used for games.

Cards inbetween, such as "500" and "700" are inbetweens. "700"s are cheaper versions of gaming cards while "500"s are better versions of an express card.

So, if you buy a card with 300 or 500, or 000, dont expect good performance even if it is from the latest series. e.i. GF7300, RX300 etc. Games may run well occassionaly for certain games, but these are not really good for games. For average gamers, 600s and 700s would be sufficient, and if you can afford it, 800s and 900s would be the best.

With BF2, it would be better to go for mainstream and gaming cards between the GF6 and 7 series, or the ATi 9, X, and X1 series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:31 am 
High Master
High Master

For the Geforce 5 series it goes 5200 5500 and 5700, and the ATI X1800 isn't high end, its more of a mainstream card like the 7600. Otherwise Xeno is correct. (I only make this post because someone might buu a cheap x1800 and become sorely depressed when he or she tries to run Oblivion on 1280X1024 with x4 AA and x8 AF and ends up with 8 FPS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:33 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Yes, I did only put in the general break down of video cards. nVidia and ATi release several versions of thier cards.

For example, the R9800Pro is actually better than the RX700Pro even though the 9800 is older. nVidia for one has several versions for each card, like the GF8800 having both the GF8800GST and GF8800GXT, to many people there is no difference, but if you read their specs, the GXT is obviously faster and more powerful. Basicaly, even though you found a card of the same series that is cheap remember to double check the version - everything from brand, series number, model, and version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:45 am 
Marksman
Marksman

I noticed the same thing , I have a membership at the local wholesale club (cosco) and some of the desktop PC when there on sale are so cheap it's ridiculous.
I mean a P4 or AMD model running at decent speed with generic vid card and onboard sound selling at $500 and under.

problem is the sytem ram is slow cheap & crap and the no-memeory vid crad is of little use in gamming.
the PSU is low grade and the motherboard usually has sub par chipsets and bus speed.

so to upgrade that PC to a moderate gamming PC you"ll need a motherboard PSU vidcard and sound board.
ussally bringging the price back up to about $1200 to $1300
you can build a moderate gamming rig yourself if you know how for about $800 to $1000 .

BF2 is still a good game but it's game engine is getting older and even generic hardware can run the game at medium setting ok.

but put a game like F.E.A.R. in the same system and crank up the graphics and you'll watch it lock up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:51 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

FEAR and AA (armedassault) I have to run on low now, I've got a decent GPU 7300, nt the best, but it beats the crap out of an intel i915, and I think the only real problem I have is m HP-standard MoBo. RAm I'm good with (I've got a gig of non-factory. the crappy stuff is usually used up by windows/steam/xfire anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:33 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

its ArmA not AA, AA is americas army, they know that - its competition.

Well you get sub par everything if you buy from Dell, Futureshop, best Buy and every other retail store out there. This is why I recommend that you just build one yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:38 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

that's what I"m gonna do when I go to college. our current comp works perfectly for a home PC for work+ occasional gaming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:05 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Thats what I already have, plus its easy to upgrade since I know what is exactly inside and how to get it out. its also good to get to know store and store owner to get good prices. 8)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2