All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:53 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Doesn't surprise me at all. The day I heard about the ps3 I knew it would be a joke, the laughing stock of the next gens. The reason I figured this is because Sony as a company is much like idk......EA. Pushin rubish products and greedy, money hungry jackasses. And the other reason is because the PS2 was built like shit, and I'm sure the ps3 isn't any better.

TC:E name- 8_Bit_Brad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:43 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

when you think about cell processors too, remember that in a few months, they'll have a linux conversion kit out. with that, any geek who loves seti@home/folding@home will be running that on thier PS3, they'll blow the processor, and then the lawsuits come in.

also, if I were the head of sony, and I knew that we lost a few million dollars developing cell processors for the PS3, and they STILL costed tons of money to produce, so much that we're losing cash at $599 US, I'd scrap them, and wait until they're cheaper, and just go with a 4-5 processor system instead (it would also reduce that big-ass cooling system currently needed.)
when it comes to games, I'd probably stick with my PC. it'll have ports of 99% of the console games, and if not, I still have a GIANT library of emulated games.

imagine. 1.7billion dollars lost, not to mention the further losses to come.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:45 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

<TCF>Buschman wrote:
I'd just like to point out, to all, that not long ago Dragon posted ideas on the main forums, and they were always along the lines of adding features other games have, such as the infamous 'breaking peoples necks from behind'- a features you even openly admitted was from another game series. (Splinter Cell? MGS?)

So let me get this straight.

You are bashing other games because they HAVE features that can be found in previous games, yet you suggested* features THAT OTHER GAMES HAVE to be put into TC:E, the very same game you claim to be trying to help achive 'perfection'.

So games are made perfect by having features of other games? Or they are all just coping other games, and therefore suck, because they aren't original.

Just make up your mind, and stop being a hypocrite.

* Read: Spammed, attacked any critique or feedback, flamed, and generally pissed the entire forum off.

great another senseless post from busch. keep going than you get on my ignore list like it,

but for your information
all those features you mentioned are done in a 3rd person game before, but not in a first person... :roll:

what hypocrite?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:31 pm 
High Master
High Master

I think the major flaw in the PS3 is that it begins to glitch to much after a few hours of playing. My friend, who owns a PS3, says the games run smoothly and flawlessly until about playing for 6 hours. After the sixth hour games get a little choppy and freeze up. My guess is it's an over heating problem or the PS3 is doing what Morrowind: Elder Scrolls 3 did, which if you ever played the game for a long time you'd know what I'm talking about. I'm sure that PS3 will have this problem fixed when they make a newer model of the PS3, and don't say they don't make new models because their are several times that they fixed minor bugs in the PS2. Even the xbox made newer models. (I'm not sure about the game cube having newer models, because i had a game cube since day one, and it never bugged up on me.)

Just for the record, Microsoft is also losing money from each sell. They are also paying more to produce each console than they are selling it for. Just the PS3 is losing more per console. And the xbox 360 has its own share of freeze, though not as much as the PS3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:08 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

i think the main reason the xbox360 is more stable now is because they've had a year to fix any bugs they want/can.

I know nintendo consoles are good quality. about the only one with a major flaw was the original NES and how the cartridge reader would be pushed back.

TBH, I didn't know that microsoft lost money on xboxes :S, but I"M sure they can afford it with all the other proit they make. but the fact that on development, recalls and legal fees sony lost 1.7 billion on the PS2/PS3 last year is astonishing. that ate up a good 90% of the profit.

if you ask me, they're that shady guy over on the street corner pushing things, eventually, the cops (consumers) will get 'em.

I also used that analogy do I can say: I DON'T WANT YOUR S***, MAN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:17 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

it wrote:
TBH, I didn't know that microsoft lost money on xboxs....

Yeah, dude.... Microsoft was losing money with the first XBOX aswell, but then Halo came out..... and everything was smooth sailing from then on. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:17 pm 
High Master
High Master

All consoles lose money at their launch, a console can't avoid it. companies get their income from the games and deals made with other companies. However, PS3 is raising the bar on money lost. Sony can afford the lost money, spite common belief Sony has a shit tone of money, much like Microsoft.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:33 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

they can afford it, but it's gonna hurt stocks big time.

also, sony doesn't have any 1st party games, so they don't get as much money per game as Nintendo or Microsoft do. though I would like to see if thier profits go back up ~500 million now that R+D for the PS3 is done.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3