All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:43 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

This only proves that PC games are actually much better. You dont see people having to bother about a game not having a port for your console. In PCs, its either Win, Linux, or Mac, and more often than not, emulators like WINE pay off really well. You cant use a console to emulate another that is for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:14 am 
High Master
High Master

My perspective of the consoles is that get the one you prefer, and don't slander the other consoles. In truth, the PS3 isn't that much greater that the Xbox 360. Both consoles have their "Flag Ship" games. People have different taste in video games. I hate CS:S, others like it, I don't mock CS:S players because they like another game. Just as a side note, most of the PS3 exclusive "flag ship" titles copy other types of game play, just like gears of war did, so don't mock other games. MGS copies older games, but all the fetures come from other games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:30 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well I do have to say it again. You cant invent a game genre, you cna only mix and match. If you say that someone invented the idea of FPS games, its like saying someone invented fire. The general idea behind genre and style used by games is alot like the genre and style that writers write books. You dont see anoyone complaining about writers using each other's styles do you? So all these bickering about copying styles and genre is a lot like saying "I invented fire you are not allowed to invent the pocket lighter".

The issue left is, which is truely better, PC, PS3, or 360? The Wii isnt counted in because it doesnt really seem to be competeting against the two console giants but it is doing really well.

----------------

PS I dont mind CS, I hate Steam and I hate 98% of CS players. - long long long reason -too offtopic to discuss, why dont you make a new thread "Why XenoKiLLer hates CS players"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:23 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

-ATHF-FryLock wrote:
. MGS copies older games, but all the fetures come from other games. [/color]

MGS copies older game??? i dont think so dude... MGS always has been revolutionairy, the devs of MGS are the one's that invented wall hug, sneak behind an enemy's back and break the enemy's neck/cut troat, and allot of other features from MGS are used in other games, MGS doesnt copy things from other games,

and speaking of MGS, they wanted to release MGS4 on the 360, but kojima invented a new camo-system that can only be used in PS3 cause of CELL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:15 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

you know what? half-life copied wolfenstien 3D! it's a FPS oh no!

get a grip. if a feature is in a game that was in another, it's there because it works. you didn't see doom fans yelling at UT for having the chainsaw mutator. nor do you see people who are in a right state of mind complaining about how "every third-person shooter stealing from X game" TPS have been around for a long time. if anything , MGS COPIED (oh noes) the numerous TPS that were out before.

also, gears of war is good. from my xbox owning friends, I Get the impression that it is the best TPS out on the market.

and if you wanna bash TPS, why not go after star wars: battlefront too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:07 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

There is no point to say who copied who, you cant copy these these things. themes can be copied but saying they copied genre is exactly like saying they copied the idea of eating food from alien race.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:50 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
There is no point to say who copied who, you cant copy these these things. .

if someone uses the same feature of a game who was the first that used the feature, than yes it is the same thing like copying,

example:
if i invented to break windows with the fist, and i was the very first one that used that in my game, and 5 months later someone used the same thing in his games than he's basicly copying,

but i really dont mind if someone use the same feature from a different game as long it dont look identical,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:10 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

then I guess you're toast, because you know what/ using the same features, and having them look the same is done because some guy says "hey, I like that feature, lets use it"

also, if a game uses the same feature as another game, tough. if they truly were "copying" the developers of the game supposedly copied would be able to go after the other game for some sort of violation. but you know what? they cant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:35 am 
Expert
Expert

I'd just like to point out, to all, that not long ago Dragon posted ideas on the main forums, and they were always along the lines of adding features other games have, such as the infamous 'breaking peoples necks from behind'- a features you even openly admitted was from another game series. (Splinter Cell? MGS?)

So let me get this straight.

You are bashing other games because they HAVE features that can be found in previous games, yet you suggested* features THAT OTHER GAMES HAVE to be put into TC:E, the very same game you claim to be trying to help achive 'perfection'.

So games are made perfect by having features of other games? Or they are all just coping other games, and therefore suck, because they aren't original.

Just make up your mind, and stop being a hypocrite.

* Read: Spammed, attacked any critique or feedback, flamed, and generally pissed the entire forum off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:37 am 
High Master
High Master

Dragonathan, did you know that MGS didn't start on the PS1? It was a NES game, I don' remeber the name it was given at time time, it may have been metal gear, and you were the original snake, which copied other games before it. Also, if you want to say it invented wall hugging, that would be a fallacy, I was wall hugging in various arcade games before MGS had wall hugging in its games.
If you ever played the original game, you would say, "well this is a lot like zelda, but with guns!" Furthermore, on the PS1, wall hugging was in Die Hard trilogy, a launch title for the PS1, and to add to it, Resident evil came out before MGS, which had the same aiming system as MGS. Moreover, Resident evil encouraged wall hugging because they wanted you to ran past the zombies instead of fight them, which required sticking tot he wall. Now, MGS wasn't even the first sneaky game on a 3d console, yet again Die hard trilogy beat it to the punch.
The only thing MGS has going for it, in originality, is its very was very sarcastic, you can almost always find a little joke here and there. The new MGS is copying RE4 a bit, the only thing that really got my attention in the new MGS is the playing dead and shooting people int he back of the head. Gears of War is just as unique as MGS. Kameo is more unique than MGS. Project Gotham racing was just as good as Grand tirismo. Viva Pinata is a unique game.
The thing about new games is, it's best to judge a game based on how well it blends different game types. RE4 was a ground breaking game when it came to content. There are many different actions you can take with the terrain. Third person shooter with a laser sight to see where your aiming. It had a lot of things going for it, and blended it well. However, was RE4 the first 3rd person shooter? No. Was it the first game with an interactive environment? No. Was it the first game to use something other than a coarser? No.
Is Resistance Fall of Man original? No, however it does masterfully blend in things from other games. Making it a good game. The same goes for Gears of War, Halo, Zelda, Command and Conquer (A personal favorite), Star Craft, the Sims, Final Fantasy, Tekken, DOA, and Unreal. All these games are good, even if you don't like the type of game they are, they are good for their game style. None of which had a brand new idea. Just a collaboration of modified ideas which were blended together seamlessly. MGS is a good game, it blends other game elements together bringing a very fun game, and many other games do the same thing. So don't act like MGS is all that special, because it's not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:47 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Most video games have taken, copied or enhanced ideas and features from other games just as movies do with Orson Welles "Citizen Kane"

TC:E name- 8_Bit_Brad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:52 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

-ATHF-FryLock wrote:
Dragonathan, did you know that MGS didn't start on the PS1? It was a NES game,

i know that, but the NES version didnt had the same features like the version on ps1, the NES version was a 2D topdown view,

yes MGS is special, with out MGS the gaming scene wouldnt look the way it is now, trust me...

by the way,
people that own a pc and bought 360 wasted their money,
big chance that GEARS OF WAR is gonna be released for PC...
ive read this in a game magazine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:36 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

here's something you're forgetting about the PC GoW release: you'll be able to play it against people with 360s. something NO OTHER console has, the ability for games on the xbox 360 (xbox live enabled) to be played against players on windows vista PCs.

also, just so you know
manyothergames have gone from 2d games to 3d. why? the hardware allowed it to.

also, if you're gonna say something like "the playstation was the first 3d machine" yuo'd be wrong. before the playstation was the (not so well recieved) atari jaguar, released in 1993, versus the 1994 released playstation.

also, I can't wait for SSBB, who wouldn't like sneaking up on a yoshi and slitting it's throat.

anyway,

back on topic:

THE CURRENT TOPIC IS: THE SHORTCOMINGS OF THE PLAYSTATION 3

return to topic or face lock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:52 pm 
Expert
Expert

Just my last little offtopic post:

I love how Dragon never fully answers posts that he cannot come up with some kind of excuse for, or some kind of childish retort. He's so cute :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:46 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

it wrote:
THE CURRENT TOPIC IS: THE SHORTCOMINGS OF THE PLAYSTATION 3

Ok, strolling back into formation.....

I cannot beleive how much the PS3 at our Wal-Mart is freezing, lets count, shall we?

1. When I first wanted to play it, it was frozen.
2. When I was actually able to play it, It froze before I could finish the 3rd lap (and I was in 2nd!!!).
3. I went in just today, and it was frozen yet again.

Also, I was talking with a friend who worked there about it, and he said "I dunno man, that thing has been freezing more than ANY other system we've had on display.... I have no idea what the hell is wrong with the thing..."

and one last thing to note, the PS3 VIDEO display (the one without gameplay, just a set of videos that are supposed to be running) has been frozen in the same place ever since the PS3 was released.... I'll repeat that..... the thing that is supposed to display the power and performance of the PS3 has been frozen since DAY 1 (this is also partly the fault of the retarted employees of the electronics dept., but it's still laughably ironic).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next