All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:51 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

games cant be 100& ultra realistic, its impossible, no matter how realistic it is, there will always be some factors that are only possible in real life

and lets not forget about the fun...

but the point is... HUD'S has nothing to do with realism, like i said, if you find huds unrealistic than you probably think its also unrealistic that a menu is popping out of a screen,

the thing is, a game is something you control, your not really the actual virtual model. thats why hud's are importent for games, same like pilots, they have a hud in their cockpit too you know,,, because they control something, thing's that you control always need something that display's what you are doing,

if you drive a car, you would like too see how many fuel you got left, or how fast you are driving, same with games, if you play a game you would like to know with who you are playing with, how many health you got and how many stamina ect.ect.

keep in mind that games are games real life is real life, not vice versa,
you want 100% ultra realism, join the army. and like i said, hud designs could also be seen as an artform that give a little bit extra on the game design wich i dont mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:33 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I just like no BS huds. I want to see my life, how I'm standing, and about how much ammo I have. even stamina can be optional (after playing CoD:UO a few times with the HUD off, I realise I don't need it).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:53 pm 
Expert
Expert

I am with it here, a large flashy HUD just distracts me from the action. All I need is health, ammo and I could even do without stance/stamina. The current clip display, rather than an exact number for the ammo, is perfect for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:33 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Im with it here. No HUD for me as much of it as can be removed without hindering game pace.

Im okay with fiction based games and sci-fi and fantasy, but not with games that claim they strive for realism - just like CS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:41 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

i dont mind HUD'S, if a display is crowded with HUD'S but if the designs are good, than i really dont mind it,

im that type of person that dont look at 1 thing, like the gameplay only, i also look at the game-designs, interfaces/HUD's ect.

i also dont mind an option where you can turn off some HUD's, but the default settings should have HUD's evrywhere on your screen, it is for the newbie's.

but back on topic:
the naming system in 0.49 is bad, since the triangles are removed the teamkill have increased, so i suggest to have a proper naming system like i suggested in the first page of this thread that can reduce the teamkilling, but i think i might have a another idea for the naming system, still considering it though,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:05 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I hate to make this reference, but here goes.
CS has a very low teamkill rate. CS has the same naming system as TC:E. CS also has no team markers. all it takes is getting to know the skins, along with a cool head, and you'll never TK. (I know this from experience, I have a very low TK:regular kill ratio, at about 1:20, as in 1 TK for every 20 kills.

yes, it takes a bit to learn what you need to learn, but it's worth it. all it takes is maybe one kick, sometimes it takes 10, but after a while, you either give up, or you get good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:40 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

if the names were above the player's head than it would make tc:e's interface design look something like this game:wait for the commercial "Lost Planet":
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php? ... 8&type=wmv

as you can see it doesnt limit your vision at all, the text/font/size looks perfect in that game i showed,

i think names above the player's head gives you that... i dont know an appropriate term for this but it gives you that "real online" feel, i think its cool but its just a personal taste though,

but afcourse... there should be an option where you can change the naming system's setting, like making the names appear only if you mouse over a player, or an option where you can get rid of the names on your display,

but i personally dont mind names above the player's head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:08 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

if the names were always over the players head, they would be called "team markers"

also, names always above heads are an MMORPG thing. TC:E is not an MMORPG. it is a FPS.

also, names in front of the player when you put the mouse over works. I know it does, because nearly every game has it for a system (from FEAR to Half-life: DM)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2