All times are UTC




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:18 am 
Offline
Expert
Expert

Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 11:14 pm
Posts: 139
Nothin' like a good steak grilled by Sony!

_________________
Don't fight back. Image
Fight forward.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:38 am 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 4573
Location: Canada, ON
Biggest challengers to the cellprocessor - the Intel Core2 Quad and the AMD Opteron X4(or what ever they plan to call it). These processors have cores that are 3 to 4 times faster than the cell processor - I would sa ythe PS3 would have been better with one of these and a Quad SLI graphics card that relying on 1 processors with 8 diminuative cores at around 800MHz to handle all the work.

This is where PCs really break the barrier, PCs dont rely on one part of the computer to do everything - work is distributed around the hardware. The PS3 would have been better if it just left out the cell processors.

_________________
Image
Terms of Use||TC:E + W:ET EULA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:16 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
ps3 is the first electronic device that use cell processor and there is nothing wrong with that,

im 100% sure if xbox360 used the cellprocessor that all the anti sony and nerdy microsoft fans would say that "xbox360 is owning ps3 with their cell processor" :roll:

and im sure if sony had the same system like the 360 and the 360 the same system like ps3, haters would say that sony sucks bad :roll:

haters are always denying the facts,
trust me ps3 will take over the gaming market once again just like the ps1 and ps2. mark my words, you can say evrything you want and you can contradict me, but mark my words,

the playstation will own the gaming market once again

^quote this^, and save the quote, give ps3 3 or 4 more years, and than you will see that what i have said was true

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:55 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 4573
Location: Canada, ON
The 360 uses three or four processors as I recall, from intel and its graphics card from ATi. In terms of modern computing, no matter how many cores you have, havoing just one processor even with multicores is still no match compared to a system with independent processors each with their won jobs. Sure PS3 may recuperate in 4 years, by then it wont be nextgen anymore since PCs will be 5 years ahead of it and the 360 would most likely have won this little hissy fit with PS3 and Wii.

PS1 and PS2 never owned the market during thier life time, they wer epopular sure but they never hit the top.

_________________
Image
Terms of Use||TC:E + W:ET EULA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:05 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
ps2 owns 70% of the gaming market, there was a gaming expert on CNN that gave all the statistics, and the statistics are in allot of gaming magazines,

xbox360 is good, but not good enough to beat ps3, trust.. me,
xbox1 had better graphics, and the performance was also better, but they still didnt beat ps2, and thats a fact, do your research www.google.com

i actually know 1 developer of Killzone, hes the animator of Killzone... he said that he rather play Killzone on the ps3 than on the 360.

and lets not talk about pc, pc games arent even a match for console games,
cause euhmm... im getting sick of all the strategy topdown FPS and RPG games, damnnn :roll:

check this website:
http://www.gametrailers.com
best video game site, and the hole website is crowded with console games,

anyways back on topic:
wich console is the best? well.. thats a never ending story evryone has their own taste, but for me... if a console doesnt have gran turismo, metal gear solid, TEKKEN, than it sucks... why?

gran turismo - pawns all race games
metal gear solid - pawns all tactical espionage games
TEKKEN - pawns all fighting games.

and those are playstation titles, thats why i always prefer playstation over evrything else,

oh and not to mention all the freaking original games like:
shadow of the collusus:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php? ... mv&pl=game

and many more exclusive games that nintendo and xbox dont have,
and i dont mean wacky gimmicks :roll: cough..Wii..cough..

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Last edited by Dragonathan on Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:11 am 
Offline
Expert
Expert

Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 11:14 pm
Posts: 139
360 and Wii have their own original and unique titles such as Halo, Zelda, Gears Of War, etc. The PS3 will never have them, so your point is defunct.

CNN? What, the same guys who said that the twin towers were terrorist attacks? The same guys who said Iraq had WMD's? Brilliant.

PC games aren't a match for console games? Do you see TC:E for the 360, or the PS3? I thought not.

What do you mean by 'beat' this time?




PS. Stop saying 'trust me'.

_________________
Don't fight back. Image
Fight forward.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:24 am 
Offline
High Master
High Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:07 am
Posts: 539
The PS3 had the 70% of the global console market, and not even. In the US Sony wasn't such a clear cut winner. Th reason being is some nations, like japan, hate the xbox, because of its American style games.

The main reason I favor the PS3 over the Xbox 360 is because most of the good xbox games reach the PC, or were a PC game to start with. Also, the xbox 360's fear has a bunch of glitches. My favorite glitch being the shot gun will make some enemies just disappear. In contrast the good, or major I should say, games for the PS3 never come out on PC, lets exclude the FF7 pc version =P. Also, the PS3 looks at lest 20% more sexier than the Xbox 360.

P.S. Dragonathan, Xbox now has enough history behind it to give the PS3 a fair fight, HALO's 2's launch should be enough proof that the Xbox 360 has enough fans to keep the PS3 fighting for the #1 spot. Also, don't be so sure that the PS3 will keep the spot, tell me what console has survived 3 generations on top. Nintendo has the NES, which was on top, then the SNES, which was on top but had a tough fight with sega. Then the N64 got its ass kicked up and down by the Saturn and ps1. There is a time for every console to lose the golden spot to a new comer. And you should embrace it when it happens, because this allows new games to storm into the market, forces companies to come up with unique idea's for to stay alive, and makes the owner of a company get some by a smoking hot hooker, who has a dick.

_________________
No Dragon, red is my new color.
I once spelt violet voilate, I will carry that cross to my grave.
Dragonathan, no I can't.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:16 am 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 4573
Location: Canada, ON
That is 1 'gaming' "expert", nobdoy cares what the experts and critics say - this goes the same even for moviews, no one gives a "sh*t" about what they think. Its all about what the consumer wants not what these highpayed geeks think.

_________________
Image
Terms of Use||TC:E + W:ET EULA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:36 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
<TCF>Buschman wrote:
360 and Wii have their own original and unique titles such as Halo, Zelda, Gears Of War, etc. The PS3 will never have them, so your point is defunct.


-Zelda is starting to get old,
-Halo, nothing original about that, just an FPS sci-fi game
-Gears of war, revolutionary style, but they used the same features of 2 games
1.the 3rd person view of Ghost recon
2.the wall hug from resident evil4

what original?
when will you ever start making sense?
----------------------------------------------
-ATHF-FryLock wrote:
The main reason I favor the PS3 over the Xbox 360 is because most of the good xbox games reach the PC


exactly, thats the reason i dont like the 360, they released some pc FPS titles for the 360 like HALFLIFE2 and FEAR, and allot more pc titles, i mean i have a freaking pc, why should i play the same games on the 360 if i can play it on my pc.

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Last edited by Dragonathan on Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:55 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:38 pm
Posts: 2007
also, the PS2 outsold the other consoles ONE YEAr. wow, fun.


also, if you value creativity, remember the PSP, though it does have some interesting features, is nothing new. it's a playstation in your hand. the DS is the first console to have a touch screen (2 screens has been done before, in the nintendo game+watch, the first true hand held gaming system)

also, the wii is different. it's NOT a console with an average controller. it's a remote. did we all laugh when they unveiled it, and did nintendo fans cry? yes.see this thread for details

all the PS3 is is a PS2 with a better, albeit, new type of, CPU. same goes for the 360, it's just an updated xbox. but a wii is different. it may only be sloghtly more graphically capable as a GC, but its controls are interactive. no more do you imagine yourself swinging stuff around as you mash button. now you get to actually swing stuff around.

it's so fun many people get a little too into it.
of the next gen consoles, the wii is my pick. for power? hell no. if I want power, I'll upgrade my PC. I can do it cheaper than buying a console. if I want sequels of playstation games, well, I dont. all the games have at least 1 PC port, if not a nintendo port, and I have emulators for all my nintendo needs. if I want halo, I'll buy the PC port, or upgrade to vista when halo 2 comes out for PC. yes, nintendo games are mostly sequels, but they're fun to control.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:23 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 4573
Location: Canada, ON
Just face it, new technology will always have bugs and problems. Since the PS3 is the only one that actually does over do the 'next-gen' idea it is the one that is more likely to have tons and tons of problems.

_________________
Image
Terms of Use||TC:E + W:ET EULA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:27 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
PS, PS2, had problems too,
i didnt mind that i enjoyed playing on it,

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:29 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 4573
Location: Canada, ON
Ofocurse they didnt, they did not over do the technological jump on new and barely even tested hardware.

_________________
Image
Terms of Use||TC:E + W:ET EULA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:36 pm 
Offline
Expert
Expert

Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 11:14 pm
Posts: 139
Dragonathan wrote:
<TCF>Buschman wrote:
360 and Wii have their own original and unique titles such as Halo, Zelda, Gears Of War, etc. The PS3 will never have them, so your point is defunct.


-Zelda is starting to get old,
-Halo, nothing original about that, just an FPS sci-fi game
-Gears of war, revolutionary style, but they used the same features of 2 games
1.the 3rd person view of Ghost recon
2.the wall hug from resident evil4

what original?
when will you ever start making sense?


/me sighs

You say the only reason you want to get a PS3 is because it will have new versions of games that have already had about 3 older makes. Now you tell me PS3 is better because all the Xbox's and Wii's games are getting 'old'. WTF?

Also, how can you possibly say 'they used thrid person view from another game' are you nuts? Its a TPS; Third Person Shooter, thats the damn genre- if it wasn't Third person, then it wouldn't be a frigging TPS.
The 'Wall hug from Res evil4'? Wait wait, what about MGS! That has wall hugging! They stole it from that game too, didn't they!

Try again.

_________________
Don't fight back. Image
Fight forward.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:58 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
<TCF>Buschman wrote:
/me sighs

You say the only reason you want to get a PS3 is because it will have new versions of games that have already had about 3 older makes. Now you tell me PS3 is better because all the Xbox's and Wii's games are getting 'old'. WTF?


dont put words in my mouth i only said that Zelda was starting to get old.

<TCF>Buschman wrote:
Also, how can you possibly say 'they used thrid person view from another game' are you nuts? Its a TPS; Third Person Shooter, thats the damn genre- if it wasn't Third person, then it wouldn't be a frigging TPS.
The 'Wall hug from Res evil4'? Wait wait, what about MGS! That has wall hugging! They stole it from that game too, didn't they!

Try again.


there are several third person views, and the 3rd person view that Gears of war has is invented by the developers of ghost recon,"not so sure cause resident evil4 had the same 3rd person view too"

yes MGS was the first game that invented the wall hug, but the wall hug of Gears of war is almost exactly the same like in resident evil4,

keep goin busch... you just make youself look stupid.

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Style created by © Matti, gry komputerowe, reklama sem reklama seo

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group