All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:52 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

who the *i-need-a-broader-vocab* is maddox?

never mind this is probably one of your trolling post, and im not gonna put allot of effort to reply it,

playstation2 holds 70% of the gaming market, give ps3 1 more year than kiss 360 goodbye,

even hobocop admitted the defeat of 360:

give ps3 one more year baby, than kiss 360 goodbye,.

Ken Kutaragi said: "Microsoft is aiming for the moon, We are aiming for the sun."

Dragonathan wrote:
there is this game for the ps3 called MOTERRACING, that race game is capable to make its own map online, so evry match will feel different, because playstation is smart enough to create it's own map with no human help, microsoft cant beat that,

microsoft makes userfriendly softwares, but you guys forgot that sony build robots that can think for it's self,

and please lets not talk about Wii, i assume that most people here are toilet-trained and mature right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:51 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

You see, that's the problem with you Dragon, you are in no way openminded. you judge the Wii simply based in it being a Nintendo product and just assume it sucks. Only a shut-in simple-minded drone thinks like that, but I guess we've come to expect this kind of behavior from followers of the Sony cult.

If I was given a PS3, you know what I'd do?
I'D KEEP IT, and enjoy the hell outta it.
You know why? Because I'm not like you,
I don't label or judge things without actually
finding a real reason to.
Also, if someone gave me a Wii, guess what?
That's right, I'd be playing it every single night.

all I can say is please stop before my eyes roll so far back in my head that I permenantly damage them. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:47 am 
Master
Master

Dragonathan wrote:
give ps3 one more year baby, than kiss 360 goodbye

LOL OMG... You're joking right, do you know how much people are buying a 360 right now just for Gears of War And Halo3... You would be amazed, and btw I know more people that have and are gowing to have the 360 or the Wii then the ps3... I can beilive you let yourself get mind controled by Sony like that... All they want is chaos because its there marketing trick, but trust me it will be there downfall. And do you know how much money Sony is loosing... LOL LOTS and they even said that it will maybe be the last console sony will make...And did you even try the ps3 dragon... lol cuz i did and its feels just like a ps2 with better graphics... Thats all i had to say

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:02 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I think sonyd downfall console wise will be the supposed "resistance to technological change"

ok, from PS2 to PS3, we got
1. higher poly models for games
2. high-def media formats
3. HDR
4. CPUs AT LEAST 2-3 times faster

That was in a few years, and frankly, all the PS3 is is a high end system. in 6 mo. to a year, it'l be low-end, and in 2-3 years, it'll be screwed.

not to mention the fact that sony lost at least a few million bucks (read: over 100 mil) because of the consoles and thier shoddy workmanship, but not only will there be lawsuits to come over the PS3 (it happens with all sony products) but they lose $300 per unit.

if you sell a million consoles, that's $300 MILLION down the drain. that's the difference between the 94% loss of profit last year and an annual loss next year.

sony's dug themselves a hole. if they go deeper, they end up in the sewers, there's a small chance at redemption, but if they try to go back, it'll collapse on them.

anyone with basic corporate knowledge knows that the best case scenario with the PS3 (they sell tons, and production costs become lower) means they'll still lose a few hundred million bucks before year end. (they're already down at least 10 mil.) and eventually scrap it, because of massive losses.

or they'll hang in there, and fall into the crocodile-infested waters, and pray they don't get eaten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:11 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

-Aequitas- wrote:
LOL OMG... You're joking right, do you know how much people are buying a 360 right now just for Gears of War And Halo3... You would be amazed, and btw I know more people that have and are gowing to have the 360 or the Wii then the ps3... I can beilive you let yourself get mind controled by Sony like that... All they want is chaos because its there marketing trick, but trust me it will be there downfall. And do you know how much money Sony is loosing... LOL LOTS and they even said that it will maybe be the last console sony will make...And did you even try the ps3 dragon... lol cuz i did and its feels just like a ps2 with better graphics... Thats all i had to say

you know whats funny about this, a few years ago someone said the same thing about xbox... and look at ps2 now.. it holds 70% of the gaming industry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:23 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

you, my friend, are WRONG!

to get 70% of the industry, you would have to outsell previous consoles. jusdging by one (1) console per unit of super Mario Brothers sold, that's fourty million (40000000) NES units, not to mention those without SMB, and other consoles.

sony is not a gaming god. they're still the new kid on the block. the only difference is that the xbox family moved in a year after. Nintendo would be the peoople holding ~70% of the gaming market, considering they actually do a thing called "caring about the customers" lets put sony as the makers of the wii. given thier track recordd, once the wii straps started breaking, they'd turn a blind eye, say "tough luck" and make the players buy another controller. and when the small amount of disk drives stopped working, it would be the same, only with the whole unit.

what did nintendo do?

within a month, all reported broken straps and ALL controllers being produced were given stronger straps, for malfunctioning disk drives, the owners were given replacements FREE OF CHARGE.
by doing so, they have gained the respect of many gamers, and have solidified my belief that they will still last for a long time (given they don't pull an atari 2600 ET move)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:24 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

off topic warning:

keep it clean, and get back to the topic. the current topic is:

The playstation 3's cell processor, and it's pros/cons

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:34 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

okay, I just got back from the mall, I tried a PS3 and I was actually fairly dissapointed.

I DID expect it to have really good graphics, in fact, better than the wii+360 I was playing at EB games too. (actually, the wii I did at a mall stand) the graphics are better, but not worth the extra $300. also, it plays like a playstation. the xbox plays like an xbox. the wii plays like, well, nothing else.

in the end, it's a good console, but it's not worth the cash. I'd wait until they drop the price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:38 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

it wrote:
okay, I just got back from the mall, I tried a PS3 and I was actually fairly dissapointed.
I DID expect it to have really good graphics,

Dragonathan wrote:
This graphical test between the Xbox 360 and the PS3 is unfair for many reasons:

1. Almost all these games are made by EA.
2. All these games were designed specifically for the 360 and then ported to the PS3.
3. These ports to the PS3 were produced in a short amount of time based on working with the 360 as a foundation for production.
4. Developers are just starting to work with the PS3 to uncover its graphical potential.
5. The Xbox 360 release titles were graphically crap compared to what is being produced now, so the PS3 will follow the same path because of developers getting used to the architecture.
6. The Cell processor is new technology that is very different from normally designed processors, and Sony wouldn't invest so much money and time to produce crap in comparison to the 360s like many people have stated.
7. The original Xbox titles were subpar on release date despite it being the most powerful system in the last generation console war.
8. Despite most of the titles in this test going to the 360, the PS3 won in some graphical areas for titles (ex. Fight Night). 9. These games are all really current gen to me, with Gears of War to me being the first real next-gen title feel because of its insane graphics (not to mention art style of "destroyed beauty", and Resistance: Fall of Man showing potential just for its ability to keep dead bodies on the screen instead of making them dissappear or sink into the ground. 10. Consoles never reach their maximum potential until near the end of their lifespans, and 1 year for the 360, and a few weeks for the PS3 are no good example of either's true power.
11. Regardless of how much you think you know about both the systems' specs, if developers can't figure out how to fully utilize the systems' capabilities yet, then I doubt anyone here can predict without a shadow of a doubt which system will perform the best in a few years.
12. One console could do better in one area of graphical process than another.

Last edited by Dragonathan on Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:42 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

the game I was playing was a game purely for PS3.

I was also a little mad because in a few parts I got low frame rates, which was confusing...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:47 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

what game did you played?

i heard about the frame rate problems, but problems always occurs on new consoles, wait for 2007, amazing titles, MGS4....

oh could you try out the new grand turismo and give me a review, but if your not so good at race games dont... you gonna hate it, cause grand turismo driving physics is extremely realistic, not for racing noobs. but you could give a review for the graphics only though, your lucky that you could try out the ps3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:33 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

actually, every electronics store around here has a PS3 for display, and 1 or 2 in stock.

it was that off-roas racing game. meh. and I've played gran turismo, among other racing games, and I have to say, they're not my cup of tea. but the fact that a processor supposedly better than anything you can get having a frame rate problem with something like converting a player thing to a ragdoll (ragdoll cars. yum)is totally dumb. HL2 has ragdoll, and it's never given me hell (only whe nI spawned a pile of g-men in gmod.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:03 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

ive watch the the gameplay video of Gran Turismo HD on gametrailers, and i have to say that the graphics look flawless, not impressive cause i expect that the ps3 will make a improvement boost after a year, but i find the graphics sufficient enough,
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php? ... mv&pl=game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:38 pm 
High Master
High Master

Pros: Cell processor just sounds so much cooler than tri-xeyon processors (Or does it). Cell processors are now being used by researchers for paster processing. Yes, cell processor are an upgrade for those who are trying to prove God, Xenu, and TC:E updates don't exist wish science. Sony's Cell processors, theoretically, runs 7 cores at 3.2gigs each. However, I have yet to see anything that proves how well or poorly the cell processor runs.

Cons: The PS3 cell processor has issues playing games that are programmed for more conventional processors. Some of the games out, Tony hawk for example, was designed to be played on a more conventional processor, and plays like the Elder Scrolls 4 on a Intel extreme integrated graphix. Also, the PS3's doesn't get hot enough to cook eggs as well as the XboX 360. (There was a video of that some where, a guy had a ps3 and xbox 360 on for 320's and poored an egg onto its insides to see what one cooked eggs faster. And the xbox worked better than a frying pan.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:04 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I still think personally that cell processors are too unstable for consoles. if I were a big executive, I'd put in maybe a triple-core processor, but I"d skip the cell processor, as production costs are waaaaay too high, and Id see about trying them out on PCs for gaming, because many gamers have thier comps running 24/7, often with programs like folding@home, or seti@home, having thier CPU eaten up. if it could pass that test (as in, run for ~a month without having anything go wrong) then I'd put it in my console.

could cell processors be the way of the future? more than likely yes. is that future now? no.they still need to make production costs cheaper to hook me in.

sony seems to be putting a lot on the line with the PS3. blu-ray discs, cell processors, etc) and they're seeing a bit of a toll (net loss per sale, due to higher production costs for the components) and personally, from past format wars, I'd say the blu-ray is toast, unless they can do DVD compatability in all players for a reasonable price, and also knock down the production cost for the discs themselves down. yes they do hold more than HD-DVDs, but the betamax tape had about an hour more taping time than the VHS, and it still lost.

*edit* mommy, I want one of these: http://www.therealps3grill.com/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next