All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:18 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

because they're biased?

still, name 3 examples. three. that's it. spend 10 seconds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:29 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

it wrote:
because they're biased?

are you serieus?
ohh man.. you really make me laugh... do you actually know what your saying?

bias of what dude?
they just give reviews of games that are released, whats so bias about that?
and most of the reviews are console games, more than pc games,
they cant help it that consoles have more games than pc, so what your saying is plain BULLSHIT.

it wrote:
still, name 3 examples. three. that's it. spend 10 seconds.

3 games huh, ok...

1.SINGSTAR
2.BUZZER
3.DANCE REVOLUTION.

family games, and pc doesnt have that,

Last edited by Dragonathan on Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:47 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

PCs have more games. tkae the, say, 80 games released per year for consoles, port the majority of them, you get about 60-70 games. add the 20 games made by PC only developers, you get 80=90 games. add older games, you get about 1080, give or take 1-2 hhundred.

singing games: they're out there. I haven't heard of any games that use voice stuff for consoles since that flop nintendo made for the 64, though. (note, you can get karaoke software for PCs, thus making this irrelevant)

buzzer: see "Simon says", it's numerous flash ports, numerous games with a similar system integrated, and a few 5-10 year old versions.

DDR: they're out there. with floor mats? yes. simply put, you CAN get them to work for PC, all it takes is a quick google search.

family games: hey, look what I found on amazon.com

also, our flight simulators pwn yours. have you played flight simulator x? yes, the graphics may not be super-perfect, but that's a compromize you make when you have virtual sea, land and air traffic for THE ENTIRE PLANET.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:06 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

it wrote:
PCs have more games. tkae the, say, 80 games released per year for consoles, port the majority of them, you get about 60-70 games. add the 20 games made by PC only developers, you get 80=90 games. add older games, you get about 1080, give or take 1-2 hhundred.

Dragonathan wrote:
like i said go visit these website:

www.ign.com
www.gametrailers.com

check pc games and check out console games,
you will notice that consoles have more veriaty of games,

and check this out:
http://www.gamekings.tv/
check out their review videos,
best game reviewers of europe...
and all the reviews they give are 95% console games, and if they do a reviews for a pc games than its probably strategy or FPS

^does someone has to say something about why that?^ :roll:

i allread proved that consoles have more games than pc.
it wrote:
singing games: they're out there. I haven't heard of any games that use voice stuff for consoles since that flop nintendo made for the 64, though. (note, you can get karaoke software for PCs, thus making this irrelevant)

you havent heard games that use voice stuff for consoles???
no wonder you keep saying that pc's have more games than consoles... you just far behind from the timeline,

yes you can get a karaoke software, but the karaoke software doesnt have features that allows you to battle against each other"online"
what irrelevant?

you know what, im getting sick of your pointless garbage so i'll pass the other bullshit you posted,

and flight simulators are for computer nerds with no life, you just fly around all day long with no mission objectives, common man,, id rather have sex with my girlfriend instead of waisting my time on a useless pc flight simulator.

like i said, consoles arent for computer geeks,
consoles have better flight games

ACE COMBAT ZERO"playstation":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ4CIwnHZIA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:12 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

just so you know, in north america, there haven't been voice-recognition games for a good 10 years.

do consoles have more variety? when it comes to big-name games, yes. when it comes to more down-to-earth games, no.

just open your eyes for gods sake. if you cant, then at LEAST admit that sony has made big errors with the PS3.

anyway,
BACK ON TOPIC
I've been meaning to go over hardware reviews for a while, but the site I mainly use is down (has been for a few months now. big revamping.) any other sites where I could find some?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:21 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

it wrote:
just so you know, in north america, there haven't been voice-recognition games for a good 10 years.

ohh thats what you mean..
maybe singstar wasnt released in north america, like I said before, playstation is extremely popular in europe and asia, so the e.u. will probably have ps games than arent available in north america.

it wrote:
do consoles have more variety? when it comes to big-name games, yes.

yes indeed yes.

it wrote:
just open your eyes for gods sake. if you cant, then at LEAST admit that sony has made big errors with the PS3.

those were just rumours, do you really think sony would release a product with errors 4 months before the official release?
i dont think so, we're talking about sony here, not some B electronic brand name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:02 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

sony is a big company.what does sony want? money. how does sony get it's money?

here's a graphic:

also, if you buy a north-american or japanese game, you can't run it in europe, and vice versa. why? because sony wants you to buy as many versions og games and consoles as possible. it wants money. just like all bic companies.

and they have had NUMEROUS quality errors in the last little while.

recalling every laptop battery they made (nothing major, just explosions)

the root kit on every sony music CD between 2000-2005 (it installs a program on your computer without your knowledge, and opens up major security holes, along with hijacking a bit of sensitive data on it's own.)

so, they're losing 1.7 billion a year on the entertainment department, a little more on legal expenses for lawsuits on some things, and have a poor quality record (optical PS2 drives, every tuner for TVs they've ever made (known from experience, I had a crappy one, along with my neighbors, and a few of my friends))

sony is a big company, but they're making a LOT of errors.

"Sony has reported a loss of 94% of its profits for the fiscal second quarter of 2006, and has lost roughly 40% of its value from 2001 to 2006."

$5 says sony goes down the toilet before 2025.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:01 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

duhhh.. afcourse sony wants money, what do you expect?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:30 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

it's not the fact that they just want money, but the fact that they insist on screwing over the consumers.

if a department store told you what you wanted when you walked in and only sold you that, it would suck. I guess that's why I like PCs, because a PC is like a mall. you can go to different stores (programs) and different types of stores (games, work, or the 'net), sometimes switch floors (macs, windows, linux, etc.) and even change the layout of the mall (add/remove hardware, change cases, change motherboards, change processors, sound cards and so on and so on and...)

once you can convert a console to windows, or a linux distro with a windows emulator, and still run the consoles games, then it's the ultimate machine. BUT, you have to get keyboards, etc, because if you use linux, it's command line-based with a GUI, and to make changes to stuff, AFAIK, the most efficient way is to use the command line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:15 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

There are dance games for the PC, MMO even - plus I have a closed beta invitation from Accliam games. (its called Dance)

Just put it this way, all console games had to pass through a computer - therefore that means whatever a console game can do, a PC game can do aswell and even better because of upgradability on both hardware and software aswell as thirdparty addons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:35 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
like i said go visit these website:

www.ign.com
www.gametrailers.com

check pc games and check out console games,
you will notice that consoles have more veriaty of games,

i allread proved that consoles have more games than pc.

NO you DIDN'T.

You do realise that IGN and GameTrailers do not contain information/reviews for every console/pc game ever made, right?
There are plenty of PC games that are not listed on either of those sites (I visit, at least, IGN.com on almost a DAILY basis, and Gametrailers.com is likely to be newer than IGN).

Listing links and naming names does not prove that consoles have more games than PC, it's just that simple.

Saying "just go take a look at such-and-such site," only proves your taking the easy way out, expecting us to prove it to ourselves, which pretty obviously doesn't work in your favor.

If your going to prove something, then actually take the time to..... um.... PROVE it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:01 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

also, thiink of it this way, the PC is one system. if you treat a console as one, and not count the entire librar of consoles from the atari systems to the wii, the PC pwns them all. hell, COUNT them all, but remove ports. the PC still wins. ESPECIALLY if you coulnt emulators, and you can get those for almost every system on the market, the only exceptions being the PS3 and wii because they are new. it has NOTHING to do with the power, just how long they have been on the market.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:02 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well this really has slid way off topic. Get back on it I smell a lock. The further that thread slips the closer it gets to getting it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:25 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

if pc have more veriaty of games, and games that i like the most, than i wouldnt have consoles at all, the thing is, consoles have more games that i really like to play, there is only 1 genre that i like to play on pc and that is FPS games.

but afcourse if you like modding things and tweaking stuff, than i understand you prefer pc's, but im not that kind of person, im simple minded, this is how i think: developers are the developers, gamers are the gamers, not vice versa

developers makes the game, and i just wanna try out their games. and some console games have features that allows you to make your own map, with a simple drag & place method. wich i really like, i play games to have fun not to stress about what code i need to use or why there are errors. i dont wanna say that i dont have the capability to "think", infact i code stuff on pc's too, i design websites and use programs like flash8. programs where you just need to code stuff to make something run smoothly, but i have better things to do than to stress about errors bugs ect. ect. wich i receive allot from pc games.

thats why i like console games the most, you will have less stress and it cost's allot less you just buy a new console and use it 5 or 6 years before a new console is available cause a console has a life expectancy of 5/6 years. if you like upgrading and tweaking stuff than i understand why you dislike consoles,

Last edited by Dragonathan on Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:51 pm 
Expert
Expert

the only console that offers anything markably different than a pc is the wii

FIN

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next