All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:13 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

you know what you need to do... just calm down and just ignore me,

i like it up here, it dont have that much people that bothers if someone is posting a suggestion, but it abviously bothers you if i post suggestions,

than why not just ignore it? but now you gonna say something "if you cant stand comment & critic than you shouldnt be in the forum"

but your not commenting and your not giving critics, you just whine, and your frustrated that im suggesting things that you think it might delay the time,

0.49 is available, the version you always wanted right.. than why are you still complaining? stop being unthankful and start appreciating things, if you think im retarded and stupid or if you think im not at your level than why do you even put allot effort in replying my post's?

now back on topic:
your being selfish, whats wrong with noobs?
evryone was a noob before... a game with allot of players/new players means that its just popular, the more players the better, and also the better chance of surviving...

reason why devs should make stuff more userfriendly is because they need to bridge the gap for "non-gamers", devs should reach out a bigger audience.

[edit:]
"big updates only" "and a update popup or something alternative that warns evryone about an available update without having them checking out the truecombat websites."

Last edited by Dragonathan on Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:59 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

big update files eat up HDD space, and on many machines running TC:E that's a problem (they're lower end, so disk space is important) and though popups would be nice for some people, it can't be done with enemy territory, unless they overhaul a few things that are currently unavailable (automatic updates are doable on the base engine (it's in CoD) it's a button you have to press to check, and it closes the game. it's easier to do updates VIA x-fire.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:30 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

just because your using xfire doesnt mean that evryone's using xfire,
i always look at the point of view of a "non-gamer" "computer-newbie"
i like features that ease up new gamers,

as i said, devs have to bridge a gap for the "non gamers" and reach out a bigger audience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:34 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

yes, however a built-in update system would eat up time and resources, and chances are, because of lack of bandwidth, it would be scrapped in a week.

remember the .49 rush? TC.us went down numerous times due to bandwidth issues, AND was threatened to have the account removed from the host if it kept up. imagine trying to find a host that could deal with ~500 simultanious users 24/7 for a decent price, AND host 500 MB per file? it's doable, but the download rate would be obcenely slow, and 99% of the players would just go get it off fileplanet or somewhere else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:40 pm 
Expert
Expert

Dragonathan wrote:
you know what you need to do... just calm down and just ignore me,

i like it up here, it dont have that much people that bothers if someone is posting a suggestion, but it abviously bothers you if i post suggestions,

than why not just ignore it? but now you gonna say something "if you cant stand comment & critic than you shouldnt be in the forum"

but your not commenting and your not giving critics, you just whine, and your frustrated that im suggesting things that you think it might delay the time,

0.49 is available, the version you always wanted right.. than why are you still complaining? stop being unthankful and start appreciating things, if you think im retarded and stupid or if you think im not at your level than why do you even put allot effort in replying my post's?

now back on topic:
your being selfish, whats wrong with noobs?
evryone was a noob before... a game with allot of players/new players means that its just popular, the more players the better, and also the better chance of surviving...

reason why devs should make stuff more userfriendly is because they need to bridge the gap for "non-gamers", devs should reach out a bigger audience.

[edit:]
"big updates only" "and a update popup or something alternative that warns evryone about an available update without having them checking out the truecombat websites."

You also posted 'if you don't like it, then ignore me' alot on the main forums. Didn't help you did it?

Now, I think you need to stop telling me that I need to calm down, that I don't like your ideas, and that I just don't like you posting, because this is - again - factless nonsence.

Look, the fact is the idea has been generally discussed and the conclusion is it would be a bad idea. Now thats it. Over. End of discussion. But you, you cannot take that. Oh no, you will post stupidness and repeat yourself ovre and over again just incase people magically change thir minds.

Get it straight, people won't, and you are just being annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:09 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

TBH...

*edit* replace "post" with thread.

it's been shot down, revived, and shot down again.it appears to only be leading to arguments and childish yelling matches.

*lock*

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4