All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:50 pm 
High Master
High Master

Like I always say, graphics before gameplay.

looks crappy otherwise and I hate that. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:16 am 
Master
Master

Hmm i like it more when the guns are a litle wierd and they work well then when the gun looks real and I can glitch the *i-need-a-broader-vocab* out of the game...

Extremely good graphics always = MANY BUGS :twisted: and trust me when Im talking about glitchs I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:31 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I like HL2's graphics. not too low-end. if you look from about the in-game equivalent of 5-10 feet, it looks awesome, up close, though, it looks different.

HDR is one of those "if you want, put it in, I don't care" things. it's pretty, but after a while, it gets annoying (it's one of the reason I like the CS maps for the most part (a few are a nice size+shape *cough*prodigy*cough* but some suck ass *cough*dust*cough*), but it's annoying in some. it's just too damn bright!)

I kinda like the way valve did thier maps, they roughed it out, tested them, and looked to see what was fun and what was not. in fact, they cut out a nice chunk of lost coast because it was too hard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:06 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Some people like hard they could have added those as additional optional content.

Eventualy a day will come when games can nolonger need any higher end hardware because they have reached their technological brickwalls. Hardware today are allready scratching on that wall as you can see, processors arent getting faster only getting smaller and packed together into a single chip. So on that day anytime this century, all games will work under one machine and FEAR will look like the crappiest game on the market. Oh wait, FEAR really does look like the crappiest game around (graphics), but gameplay is still fun though and thats what keeps me playing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:41 am 
High Master
High Master

It's good to have nerdy brothers. He makes $60 an hour, and for Christmas and my birthday, he got me 2 gigs of RAM and a new GeForce 7300 graphics card. =D It looks even better. :D I'm so happy. :) so.....YAY!! I have yet to try AA, but BF2 looks amazing. I am getting AA and TC:E right now. And wow, all the games I have played look so much better. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:20 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

BF2 is quite good but you would notice that BF2142 actually runs better than BF2 even on a similar system. They really improved the engine. AA on the other hand totaly depends on your hardware - even if you have the best of the best doesnt mean AA will work as perfectly as you think - that is what happened to alot of the AA players with their new highend machines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:39 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

consoles still owns the gaming industry,

problem with pc's is that evryone online has different quality's
so some will have no problems some will have laggs,

but if you use console, than your 100% sure evryone runs the same quality, meaning that you wont have problems with someone lagging bad cause hes running an old system.

and consoles has more veriaty of games than PC, consoles dont release 15 FPS titles each week "cough "cough"
and dont come up with that emulator shit, ive tried it it doesnt even work,
and also dont come up that pc has different original games too, yes evryone can be original, if you release games like "toilet tycoon" "cough" "cough" :roll:

originality has to be functional too, not just gimmick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:24 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

15? Dont think so. PC games never come with the same thing again and again. Just look at FF, how many sequels? 12? 13? Look at those sports games, deisgned for console.. sequels? every single year the same thing.

PC games come in a variety. Console games are just the same stuff, fighting, racing, side scrollers, autoaimed shooters, rail shooters, rpgs, and sports.

PC games have RPGs, RTS, FPS, RTSFPS, RPGFPS, MMORPGS, MMOFPS, SIM, EmpireBuilder, RTSRPG, and everything else that you find in a console. Basically no game for console ever existed without first hvng to pass thorugh a PC. therefore, PC owns the gaming industry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:46 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

pc has only mouse based games, and top-down games,

you wont see games like B-boy for pc, thats a game wich allows you to break dance against each other, and many more awesome console games,
pc's dont have games like singstar, buzzer, those family games,
i suggest you should try out playstation, than you will notice the large amount of veriaty playstation has, but i doub you will like it cause probably only play FPS, STRATEGY and topdown based games,

pc dont own the gaming industry,

playstation owns 70 percent of the gaming industry,

and yes pc releases the same shit, FPS STRATEGY RPG,

dont believe me?

www.tmf.nl/gamekings
gamekings are the best game reviewers of europe,
click video, and watch all the reviews, most reviews are console games but if there is a pc review its probably FPS or RPG, or some other mouse based top down view game,

no pc dont own the gaming industry, maybe if they stop releasing the same shit over and over again, and maybe if they have 1 universal controller, but i still doubt pc will own the gaming industry, because currently ps3 is owning the gaming industry.

BEMMMMMMMMMM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:01 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

just so you know, PS3 is lowest in sales right now.

also, PCs and consoles are different. PCs are made for work, and other functions. consoles are made for entertainment.

also, there are more than just shooters and top-sdown games. we have NUMEROUS racing games, the BEST flight simulation software available to people who aren't in flight school, RPGs out the ying-yang, and best of all, we have something that consoles wouldn't dream of. free software. that's right, free stuff. in my collection of free games, I have about $100-150 worth (given $30 per game, that's half of console game prices) and when it comes to savings on stuff O.O

on half-life 2 alone, I saved around $50 bucks (I can't get the exact price, as steam won't tell me because I own all the games in the bundle)

yes, consoles have bundles too. but tell me this, how many consoles have the majority of games not needing you to insert a disk or a cartridge?

however, it is a matter of personal preference. if you like consoles, go ahead and play with yours, but you can never, and will never convert me (SNES pwns all your futile attempts. 16 bit forever!!!1111)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:11 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

it wrote:
also, PCs and consoles are different. PCs are made for work, and other functions. consoles are made for entertainment.

and games are made for entertainment, thats why consoles have more games than pc.

it wrote:
just so you know, PS3 is lowest in sales right now.

cause it is just released..., ps2 owns 70percent of the gaming industry, imagine ps3"the most powerful console", just give it 1 more year baby, and when ps3 is gonna be releaed in europe, than you can feel the ownage, i live in europe, my family/friends allready ordered the ps3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:36 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
thats why console have more games than pc.

Umm, wrong.
The PC library is more expansive than any console could possibly be.
There are new games (weather they be commercial, available only online, or absolutely free) being released DAILY for PCs.
We have Shooters, RPGs, MMORPGs, RTSs, Racing Sims, Platformers, Sports Games, Adventure, Action, Puzzle, Point-and-Click, Strategy, and loads more.
Also, about your comment involving "why can't PC have just 1 simple basic controller that everyone uses?".... because PC is too good to be held in such a mediocre little box. All you have to do is open your eyes and you'll see that the PC is happily ready to adapt to your unique style with an insane amount of gaming periphrials at your fingertips (the 360 controller can even be played on the PC right out of the box).

The PC is constantly adapting, evolving, improving.....

Consoles..... not so much.

Dragonathan wrote:
problem with pc's is that evryone online has different quality's
so some will have no problems some will have laggs.

but if you use console, than your 100% sure evryone runs the same quality, meaning that you wont have problems with someone lagging bad cause hes running an old system.

Boy, you like to leave huge gaps in your stories huh?
You failed to mention that you STILL have lag problems on consoles because not everyone has a crazy-fast internet connection (If you run through a crappy Wifi connection like me, the lag is so bad it's not even worth trying to play online, even when your running the game itself just fine).
Someone with the lowest speed DSL is still gunna screw up the game, even if everyone else is on cable.

It seems to me you either don't know what your talking about, or your intentionally leaving specific parts out to make your side seem better (and don't you dare say I don't know what I'm talking about here, I'm a 4 year Cisco Networking student and have been taking classes in the IT industry for nearly 6 years, you CANNOT beat me in the technical department).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:36 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Evil_Muska wrote:

The PC is constantly adapting, evolving, improving.....

Consoles..... not so much.

lmao, you havent checked out the ps3 features, ps3 can make a game-engine think for itself, example MOTORRACING, its a game with an intelligent game engine, it allowes the computer to build it's own map, evry match will be different, its not prescripted, it can build its own map with out any human help,

not evolving?

hmm seems you really dont know what your saying do you.

wow... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:07 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

consoles evolve, but in jerks of 1-5 years.PCs will have hardware/software improvements smoothly. AND, PC users are never* left with a machine incapable of playing newer games. all you need is the right level of knowledge to upgrade a 5-year-old computer into something rivaling the fastest consoles.

* exception is for reeeaaallly old computers, as in, apple I/][s. and I know they're in use. I remember using one a short while ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:07 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Top down huh... mouse only huh... say, PC has keyboard, gamepad, joystick, mouse, and all that other stuff long before consoles had them. BTW, who just started to use mice and keyboards.. consoles are.

Adding to what it said, even a 5year old machine even without upgrades can run newer games. How? Most of PC gamers are intelligent people - you cant expect someone with no idea how to sue a computer to play games on a computer. Generaly, there is a big gap between Pc gamers and console gamers, intelligence and real life skill is one of them.

Dragon, randomly generating maps is a thing of the past, it has been there since CnC, since Diablo 1, since Warcraft - and it has been around long before you even started playing games or any of us. You dont know what you are saying either - it just said consoles arent evolving, your come back was with a game - the game is software and is not the console but the software that runs on the console. Basically the console, once you buy it, it stays that way until you throw it out and buy the latest one. As far as I know, complete replacement isnt evolution.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next