All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:11 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

i think you have a peronal problem with your own computer, but anyways another example is the "FIREFOX" browser, evrytime there is an update available than you see a pop-up window opening evrytime you open the firefox browser, so you will be well informed on evry update...

reason why i suggested an update pupup notifier is because allot of people arent active on the official TrueCombat websites, they dont visit it often, infact there are tons of people that didnt even downloaded the files on the official websites,

so really... having a pop-up appear in your screen that lets you know if there is an update available evrytime you open tc:e "but only if there is an update available" that will allow evryone that are using tc:e to switch to the new version more faster,

so a popup evrytime there is a new file available is really necessary, allot of people i played with on 0.48 dont know nothing about the new version, so this suggestion is essential.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:17 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

You know not everyone enjoys seeing popups - and I can say you are probably the only one who likes to see popups. How many times do we have to tell you that a game like TCE cannot have auto patching because TT does not have a file server big enough to service everyone. Plus WET already has an auto patch notification system. TCE, WET and Quakebased games just arent designed to be able to notify for new patches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:23 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
You know not everyone enjoys seeing popups

did i suggested to see popups the hole time?
guess not... i only suggested to see the popup only if there is an update available. in otherwords, you'd porbably see the update popup once per six months only.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:15 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Even if they appear only once a year, they are annoying. Nost people dont like popups. Even without this, players will still know if there are new patches.. How? Servers. When there is a new patch out playable servers will decrease for the old verisons and they will know. Plus if they visit the forums, which something nearly all TCE players do, tehy will now because new patches are announced like royalty. Basically crating something like you suggested is only giving additional work for the devs. Programming isnt easy trust me I know I do programming myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:30 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Even if they appear only once a year, they are annoying. Nost people dont like popups. Even without this, players will still know if there are new patches.. How? Servers. .

still annoying, what!? you gotta be kidding me right?
and i assume you mean "you only" when you mentioned "some people" right?

if players will know if there are new patches than why are there people still not informed about 0.49?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:36 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I'd say most TC:E players know about .49, seeing as .49 servers show up in the .48 browser, and it's big news.

and, also, I happen to hate the update popup in firefox. and back during my silkroad days, when they'd have popup-like things for updates, I hated them more.

plus, as xeno said, there isn't enough bandwidth or space to do so with TC:E right now. if it became a commercial game, and ran over a steam-like system, then it would work, bbut it doesn't. and it never will. (steam is valve, ET is id. and tons of people hate steam (for, wow! automatic updates blocking thier gaming time.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:39 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

i think i smell a fallower here...

well if you think the update popup of firefox, than stop using firefox, but i doubt you will, and im sure you use the popup feature anyways to get the update because you know its easier to just click the popup instead of checking out the mozilla website to find out if there are new updates,

i hope your not gonna say something like, "yes i just check out the mozilla website cause i hate the popups"

i keep telling you, there are still people that are not informed about 0.49

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:14 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

when it comes to firefox updates, I DO check the mozilla website.for my 25 add-ons, I use the one that pops up at the beginning of every session.

and when it comes to STEAM, I have numerous times turned off auto-updates, beccause I wanted on right away. though, because I use my computer for school, I have them on whenever I am doing school work, so they'll finish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:17 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

yes for your 25 add-on's, but not for the main updated file,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:08 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

dragon, you dont know when you have been beaten do you. We need people like you in the armed forces.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:52 am 
Expert
Expert

XenoKiLLer wrote:
dragon, you dont know when you have been beaten do you. We need people like you in the armed forces.

That quote is epic. /me salutes XenoKiLLer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:49 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:

what defeat? you call a defeat when your saying that you bother seeing a popup once evry 6month/year a defeat, mann mann, like i said before your funny, and you really need check out yourself sometimes cause allot...... of things you say doesnt makes sense or isnt right,

and about that armed forces, does this have to do something with the u.s. troops in iraq? if so... dude they are not beaten... if america wants to, they can nuke hole iraq with 1 single button and whipe it away from the world map... i dont call it beaten, but the scared insurgents hide behind innocent civillians, and use them as shield's, and thats not a fair fight, if the insurgents really wants a real combat, than why not fight the americans face too face instead using innocent civilians as shield's, reason why is because they know they will lose anyways.

but lets get back to the topic,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:38 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

having to manually patch the game keeps the n00bs out. I'd rather see a small community of semi-professionals than a huge one full of hackers, lamers, and morons (read: turn into CS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:31 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

your being selfish, whats wrong with noobs?
evryone was a noob before... a game with allot of players/new players means that its just popular, the more players the better, and also the better chance of surviving...

reason why devs should make stuff more userfriendly is because they need to bridge the gap for "non-gamers", devs should reach out a bigger audience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:00 pm 
Expert
Expert

Dragon, you once again fail to grasp what people are saying here.

You are repeating the same thing, over and over, even though its been discussed. Do you know what that makes it? It makes it a futile attempt.

Look, as much as I love reading your deep intelectual ideas [/sarcasm] why don't you go post them somewhere they'd actually make some kind of impact? Where there are more than about 20 active users?

Oh wait.

I remember.

It's 'cause you were banned for not shutting the hell up after your idea was discussed five times.

EDIT:

The difference between the Noob and the Newb. By Buschman.

Only two letters apart, but very different terms!

"Newb" or "Newbie" Is the term used to describe someone who is inexperienced at a game. Generally they will ask simple questions on the game mechanics, such as "How do I plant the bomb?" or "How do I use ironsights like everyone else?".
Newbs must be cared for and nurtured tenderly so they may grow into valuable, skilled and friendly players.

A "Noob" or "n00b" however, is a harsh and insulting term for a player that also has no clue what he is doing, but won't admit it. They are usualy violent, insultive, stupid and very short tempered.
Noobs deserve our wrath. But try not to be too harsh, becasue it is a proven fact that noobs will never get laid. Ever.

So in conclusion being called a "newb", or a "newbie" is infact a good thing for a new player. Any newbies an experienced player comes across he should try to help. Being called a "noob" or a "n00b" is not a good thing. Try not to be a noob, because nobody likes a noob. Oh, and never getting laid is just wrong.

Last edited by <TCF>Buschman on Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next