All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: HALO3
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:15 pm 
Master
Master

DAM look at this... Halo3 will kick total ass,

but dont forget all of the screens and level designs you see here are completely subject to change. The models, the spawns, the balance, the geometry, the very nature of time and space. It may not be like this when you get to play the game next year.

That means there still in alpha stage, but hey the graphics still look cool OMG WAY BETTER THEN JUST COOL THEY ROCK AND THEY WILL ROCK EVEN MORE IN THE FULL VERSION...

http://www.bungie.net/images/games/halo ... ssault.jpg

http://www.bungie.net/images/games/halo ... ssault.jpg

http://www.bungie.net/images/games/halo ... aGoose.jpg

http://www.bungie.net/images/games/halo ... aLaser.jpg

http://www.bungie.net/images/games/halo ... rChief.jpg

HALO3 IS GOING TO BE THE KING OF FPS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:06 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Well, don't ask for my comment, because I don't understand how it is as good a game as everyone proclaims...

Then again, the trailer did look interesting... A lot better than the ones for Halo 1 & 2 did.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:04 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Im not really a fan of Halo, primarily because of the riduclously easy to use weapons dubbed Halo guns - or basically any video game gun that can perforate anything without being to hard to use. Simply any videogame weapon that is too powerful is a "Halo gun".

However to do like the story of Halo. Just like Gears of War or any Microsoft made game - not counting the Dungeon seige, FSX and non-story oriented games etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:17 am 
Master
Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Im not really a fan of Halo, primarily because of the riduclously easy to use weapons dubbed Halo guns - or basically any video game gun that can perforate anything without being to hard to use. Simply any videogame weapon that is too powerful is a "Halo gun".

However to do like the story of Halo. Just like Gears of War or any Microsoft made game - not counting the Dungeon seige, FSX and non-story oriented games etc.

Are you sure you’ve played halo before, because the guns are definitely not easy to use and are not that powerful. Let’s not also forget that the theme is in the future. And when you play campaigns on legendary mode, it isn’t easy and you lose you’re health extremely fast.

The things people love about Halo 1 and 2 in the multiplayer is the game play that is full of action and has a large variety of weapons and a few vehicles to keep things shaking. And btw when you create a server in halo2 you can make people loose heath faster and give every one 1 single life, so when you die you got to wait for the end of the round… Just like objective mode in tce but without the bomb.

I always loved the halo series…Anyway when il be in need of more realism in a game il just play tce :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:20 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

That is where the halo gun term comes from. Most of the weapons are really just too much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:09 pm 
Master
Master

Not realy, it just that there's like 2 types for each gun. Like human pistol and the alien pistol, human sniper, alien sniper etc... Anyway its like i said, the theme is in the futur and trust me theres lots of guns in halo2 but they all serve a different purpose... Just play on xbox live some time youll see...

But you're right the halo series is kind of extreme and its not the most realistic game, but it has something special that LOTS of people like... It as an extra spice that not much games have and thats why i love the series...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:14 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I love the story, I jsut hat ethe way they did the weapons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:23 pm 
Master
Master

Ya some are a litle over the top, but you forget about that playing multiplayer real quick 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:42 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

-Aequitas- wrote:
Ya some are a litle over the top, but you forget about that playing multiplayer real quick 8)

The multiplayer beta for H3 is going to be available Q1 2007 (maybe even January).
Good news for 360 owners, bad news for the rest of us.... :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:49 pm 
Expert
Expert

Think about the kind of person you are playing as- a genetically and cybernetically modified super warrior, trained from 6 years of age, and encased in a power suit capable of increasing the users strength, speed, effectiveness ten fold.

You'd think he'd be able to control a guns recoil pretty well, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:04 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well, unless that human is nolonger human then I suppose not but guns and weapons recoil will continue to be the plague of soldiers as a minor issue. As long as we use explosives to fire projectiles, recoil is an expected part of the weapon and nomatter how strong or how well trained the soldier is recoil will ge thte better of them - even machines like the TALON robot and mounted wepaons like the M2 still get recoil the only difference is that it cant be felt or seen as much as an unsupported gun.

In HALO however, the guns dont jump and shake as much and yes I have played it, compared to TCE, CS, AA, or which ever shooter you like to compare to (excluding QuakeIII) the HALO guns are really strong and easy to use, what makes them hard to use is that the enemy is either carrying those shields or has some strong armor and as long as you know where to shoot them they are easy to take down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:10 pm 
Master
Master

Now this is what I call recoil 8) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4nfZu8VqgQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:34 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

lol. he's just fooling around, they dont really allow that. do they? Akimbo M249.. lol youll barely hit anything he can barely even stand still.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:47 pm 
Master
Master

LOL ya I know, but it was just a example to show you that if a human can hold 2 m249s then he can probalby hold one really well with some recoil.

So imagine Master Chief, thats half robot, half human... Ya he doesn't exist but Im sure he can hold his weaponry pretty well...Like i always saw Halo is in the future at first of all its a game about non-existing stuff...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:49 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

What I can say is, the best game to represent futuristic weapons until today would not be Halo but instead be a more recently released game called BF2142. Wepaons arent real but work close to reality without over doing it with the hightech stuff.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next