All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:58 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

it wrote:
or until they make a better FPS... remember, there's still room for dissapointment. many games have been hyped, but then failed to deliver (though halo 3 does sound good.)

Some say that this was the case with Halo 2, but I have to disagree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:47 pm 
High Master
High Master

For the same price, I'd rather have a Wii and $300 of computer parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:04 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

kozak6 wrote:
For the same price, I'd rather have a Wii and $300 of computer parts.

Amen to that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:18 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

look at this baby:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net ... y_bullshit

and for the price of a PS3, you can get the wii, and the 360. you can basically get the same games, plus halo, plus every nintendo game ever made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:50 am 
Master
Master

it wrote:
look at this baby:

and for the price of a PS3, you can get the wii, and the 360. you can basically get the same games, plus halo, plus every nintendo game ever made.

LMFAO ... OMG i almost shit my pants i was laughing so much Omg you must read this http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net ... y_bullshit its so funny because its so true... :lol:

Oh and heres some more Sony shit....

Sony: PlayStation 3 Can't Play All Previous Games
By: César A. Berardini - "Cesar"
Nov. 15th, 2006 4:07 pm
In the eve of the U.S. launch, Sony has confirmed to Associated Press that the PlayStation 3 won't run some of the 8,000 titles designed for previous generation PlayStations. Sony Computer Entertainment spokesman Satoshi Fukuoka corroborated that some PSO and PS2 games will run with difficulties while others won’t run at all. A wire from AP reads:

For instance, the PS3 might not play background music to the popular "Tekken 5" combat game, and some scenes from the "Gran Turismo" racing game might freeze, according to Sony. The game "Suikoden III" can't read data from a first-generation PlayStation, while a virtual gun in one of the "Biohazard" games won't fire properly.

This comes as a surprise considering the fact that the first PlayStation 3 units have the Emotion Engine on silicon in order to emulate previous PlayStation games.

With such implementation, everyone expected that previous PlayStation games would run without any problems. Luckily for Sony, this time they can take advantage of the PlayStation Network to deliver game patches that will fix these backward compatibility problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:43 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

it wrote:
look at this baby:

OMG.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

All I can say is..... Sony, ROFL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Been trying to tell you all!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I am the ghost of Christmas future!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Id rather get the 360 and Wii

Look here:
360 - next gen Graphics cards
PS3 - next gen 'highly experimental' processor not used elsewhere
plus no GPU as I heard that graphics are also dont by the cell
Wii - next gen controls and user input with motion sensitive devices.

I would still say, considering that a computer's power isnot just counted by the number of processors it has inside it but how long it can survive. Having 8 cores in one large processor still means that all the workload - meaning all the heat - is going to the exact same place. :roll: and in computer lingo it means burn up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:15 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

OMG.... my local EBGames just got the Wii demo station in, so I absolutely had to head into work early to check it out.
I had to hand over my driver's license in order to be allowed to play, considering the Wiimote (yes, thats the official name) was not tied down or secured in any way.
After playing about 8 minutes of it, I am so freaking hooked!
The only demo they had was Excite-Truck, but that was enough to give me a good feel of what the Wii is about.
In the demo, you turn the Wiimote sideways and treat it like a steering wheel.
The controls are as follows....

"1" Button - Brake
"2" Button - Gas
Tilt Wiimote left and right - steer
Twist Wiimote backwards - jump (going off ramped areas) or pop a wheelie (flat land)
Twist Wiimote forwards - push truck towards ground (midair) and get a speed boost (when you hit the ground)

The game also has a feature where if you truck gets crashed, you tap the 2 button really fast until the bar fills up, and you get a speed boost when you respawn. It's fast, fun, and the boosts are almost as over-the-top as those in Burnout.

:cheers: To the Wii!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:15 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I'm gonna check out what games nintendo has online for the wii. so far, it has the largest base of launch titles (45-ish) about a dozen or so (including 5 that come standard with every wii) and 30-32 available online.

they'd better be getting goldeneye... that would SO attract a lot of people.

so, here's your choice, a super-fast machine that runs the risk of overheating, and who's processors are still experimental, but comes with nothing after you pay $599 US
OR
a good graphics machine with most of the games from above that is a fair price, might come with 1-2 games, but is only around $399 fully loaded
OR
a fun machine with tons of classic games, and a standard game package with it.

as maddox said:

"Tough shit Sony. We've moved on. We're dating your younger, hotter sister, Wii. Even your fuglier step-sister, Xbox 360, looks hotter than you do. At least she's been around the block a few times and knows how to turn tricks. You've got nothing, and it's going to stay that way."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:35 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

BTW what is up with the upright and standing consoles any way?

==============================================

Like I said, new technology can nevr be expected to work perfectly as plan. I am saying the same thing for the GeF8800 as I say with Cell processors. They are both in their first years commericialy released for profit to beat the competition, all for money not keeping in mind the satisfaction of the customer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:15 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
BTW what is up with the upright and standing consoles any way?

There trying to look more computer-ish. :lol:

it wrote:
as maddox said:

"Tough shit Sony. We've moved on. We're dating your younger, hotter sister, Wii. Even your fuglier step-sister, Xbox 360, looks hotter than you do. At least she's been around the block a few times and knows how to turn tricks. You've got nothing, and it's going to stay that way."

That concept being put into action..... PS3 vs Wii

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:07 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Personally, i can say the PS3 would have been better if it used a Quad core processor and dual graphics cards, plus maybe a physics card and a liquid cooling system running on water. Id like that better than experimenting cell processors and bluray disks - both of which are sitll highly questionable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:21 am 
Master
Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
all for money not keeping in mind the satisfaction of the customer.

Exactly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:51 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

sony playstation owns 70% of the gaming industry,

whats the reason behind this? simple they have large variety of games, exclusive games,

"my review on consoles"

if you have a PC, than dont buy a xbox360... why? because most games that xbox360 releases are also available for the PC, and if you want better graphics just buy a new video card,

if you are a hardcore PC gamer, and if your really used to the same old same old pc games than dont buy a ps3, because you probably wont like the playstation games, playstation wont release 200,000 STRATEGY and FPS games each month, allot of games that playstation releases are exclusive, they often release a hole new concept with new features that other games dont have, thats why sony playstation is the most populare console,

and by the way, playstation3 is the only console where the graphical quality wont be reduced if you play online, if you play a game on ps3 "single player" or "online" you wont see any differences, if you play a game on the 360 online, than the graphical quality will be reduced, you start seeing jaggies,

and the Wii, well i dont wanna start about that, but for the nintendo fan's i will... if your not toilet-trained yet... than go for the Wii, :roll:
and the controller isnt revolutionary, in the 90's i had a dutch console made by the dutch electronic company "PHILLIPS",
the console was called CD-i, look:
see the controller? nintendo's controller isnt exactly revolutionary, infact people always consider nintendo as something revolutionairy, its not... ATARI was revolutionairy, it was the very first console, and my brothers have owned an ATARI in the 80's,

[EDIT]
there is this game for the ps3 called MOTERRACING, that race game is capable to make its own map online, so evry match will feel different, because playstation is smart enough to create it's own map with no human help, microsoft cant beat that,

microsoft makes userfriendly softwares, but you guys forgot that sony build robots that can think for it's self,

@-Aequitas-, that statistic you showed about tony hawk project 8 is edited, it was a imagehack link, give me the actual ign link please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:45 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

actually, if you look at console sales, xbox 36 is leading with >6 million sold, wii is at around 800-900k. and PS3 is still at the <600k mark.

also, sony will tank thier gaming division within the next 10 years. after
1. losing 1.7 BILLIOn (that's with a B as in Big numbers) last year alone
2. having a poor outlook in the current format war (HD-DVD is winning. it's cheaper, and though it's not as big, the expense is what made the beta tapes (another sony blunder.. hmmm...) lose the betaVs. VHS war.)
3. losing around 300-400 dollars per PS3 sold
4. (from wikipedia) "Sony has reported a loss of 94% of its profits for the fiscal second quarter of 2006, and has lost roughly 40% of its value from 2001 to 2006."

they are on the road to commercial bombing.
as maddox said:

"Tough **** Sony. We've moved on. We're dating your younger, hotter sister, Wii. Even your fuglier step-sister, Xbox 360, looks hotter than you do. At least she's been around the block a few times and knows how to turn tricks. You've got nothing, and it's going to stay that way until you stop being a crabby old ****."

also, the cell processor is going to have an overheating problem / defect. it's bound to happen. stuff that new should be tested for AT LEAST 2-3 years before a final verdict is reached.they did what, 2-3 months of testing?

and the xbox360 has numerous games that will not run on PC. gears of war, perfect dark: zero, and FULL backwards compatability with xbox games.

also, the wii, though the graphics aren't the best, is fun. it's a gaming system. not a "multimedia entertainment center". you buy it for $300, spend a while playing the included wii sports package, maybe break a few lamps before you put on the wrist strap, then you get the killer app for the wii. zelda: the twilight princess, or maybe go and do some classic games from atari systems, the NES, N64, SNES, turbo-graphix 16, among others.

the PS3 loses money for sony. from a loss of $300 per console, and 500 k sold, they've lost 150 million dollars so far.

(oh, one more thing, MANY gamers can agree on the PS3's launch titles. they all suck. sony lacs the "killer application" that you absolutely MUST have when you launch a console. the wii has zelda, xbox had prefect dark: zero (brought in a few n64 fans with that one) and the PS3 has.. well... itself. it's like buying a fridge. you can buy a not so good fridge, with mostly the basics, that keeps your food cold, and comes with some good meal ideas, and a grocery store gift card, or maybe a high end fridge with in-door ice/water dispensers, and a neat design that has been tried and true for longer than the other fridges, or a new one that costs 2x the other appliances, comes with jack, but has a little more room than the second fridge.

*edit* updated 360 sales numbers

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next