All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:01 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

IMHO
I say keep the TK reduction but get rid of the loss of points for being killed

Frylock
First of all this is a fourm for discussion about TC:E not your stupid and racist comments.
Second of all i can care less about my spelling on here it's a FREAKING forum NOT a SPELLING CONTEST
Third of all You dont know NOTHING about suppresion of to have racist comments try being 2 WHITE parents with a half BLACK and half WHITE daughter. Anywhere we go we get racist comments so freaking WHAT i dont let it demean me and turn into a PRICK like you bashing races on a public Forum that about a game not you stupid little antics

So what you gotten racist comments doesn't mean thier true unless you let it make you that way. If you were smart you would brush it off your should and PROVE anyone who said something WROUNG.

"EDIT"
For the mods of this fourm i am sorry for the FLAME but these racist comments are out of line by both sides.But i cannot sit and watch someone post with a childlike mentality not knowing what it is like to on the otherside or even in the middle of the fence

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:42 am 
High Master
High Master

Quote:
IMHO
I say keep the TK reduction but get rid of the loss of points for being killed

Frylock
First of all this is a forum for discussion about TC:E not your stupid and racist comments.
Second of all i can care less about my spelling on here it's a FREAKING forum NOT a SPELLING CONTEST
Third of all You don't know NOTHING about suppression of to have racist comments try being 2 WHITE parents with a half BLACK and half WHITE daughter. Anywhere we go we get racist comments so freaking WHAT i don't let it demean me and turn into a PRICK like you bashing races on a public Forum that about a game not you stupid little antics

So what you gotten racist comments doesn't mean their true unless you let it make you that way. If you were smart you would brush it off your should and PROVE anyone who said something WROUNG.

"EDIT"
For the mods of this forum i am sorry for the FLAME but these racist comments are out of line by both sides. But i cannot sit and watch someone post with a childlike mentality not knowing what it is like to on the other side or even in the middle of the fence

You said their were kids on this forum did you not? Well the more familiar people become with typos and spelling errors then the more likely they're to make spelling errors themselves. I am simply thinking of the children when I fix mistakes, and looking out for your best interest. When you commonly make spelling errors and typos then the more comfortable you become with them as well, and are less likely to catch your own mistakes. Furthermore, shouldn't you be setting a good example for the kids on this forum by simply tolerating me, because showing your anger promotes dealing with things in a rash manor, which isn't very adult like at all. Now about my racist comments, have you ever stopped and thought that maybe, just maybe I'm being sarcastic? There have been several occasions where I have admitted to being white, nor have I ever called myself any other race.

You sir need to settle down, because getting angry at some over something said over the internet, and by a known troller, shows children that it's okay to deal with things by bickering and fighting. Now why don't you think about the example you are setting before you preach to me about the example I am setting?

Edit: You should also capitalize your I's. Also, but doesn't start a sentence, and you should never do so because it is a very common error that you shouldn't encourage kids to do. Furthermore explanation marks are what express emotion, not capitalized words. Bold text can also be used to show a grim, strong stance or to show the importance of the word you are typing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:06 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Why should we tolerate a RACIST biggot LIKE YOU your annoying and a Shallow prick making false comments on a race you know nothing about.
Point blank you know nothing of life since you only see it from a racist side MY speeling or grammer does not promot Racist or hender Children Education of life you wanna spell check me every post go ahead but while you are at it you can polish my spincter cause all your talk is nothing but ASS

Mods feel free to edit or lock this post i made my point and will have nothing more to do with this CHILD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:25 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I had a very bad TK issue when I first started this game.
After playing America's Army since it was first introduced, no matter which team you selected, you were always fighting against the "bad guys". I wanted a game that was supporting Linux and AA stopped their support at version 2.5.
I still play occasionally but was interested in TC:E.
I installed TC:E with no real issues and was ready to kill the "bad guys".
What I did not know is the identification of the opposing forces, but I figured I could identify them rather quickly even though I never played the game. I joined a server and checked out the spectator view to help identify the terrain and to see where the teams were mostly engaging into a firefight. just when I thought I was ready, I selected a team and joined in.
I spawned and found the "bad guys" and properly identified them before firing.
I was doing extremely well I thought for the first time playing by getting nine kills before I was killed.
I respawned and I found myself surrounded by the enemy! I open fired and killed them all, just a few seconds later I was kicked from the server for TK'ing.
I was clueless to why they said I was TK'ing...
Then it hit me, the game was NOT like AA at all with the team selection! When you chose one team you were actually the bad guy and fighting against the good guys! Yes this is a bit embarrassing, but I did not take long to figure it out. So, I stopped TK'ing by paying attention to what team I selected.
Then there that one incident when the server autobalanced, and put me on the other team when I was not paying attention...
So hey, it happens...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:24 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Holy hell!

Thankyou Cope for getting things back on topic.

But Tiburon and Frylock, save the flaming for private messaging.

No one on the forums wants to see that.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:40 pm 
High Master
High Master

Quote:
Then there that one incident when the server autobalanced, and put me on the other team when I was not paying attention...
So hey, it happens...

^6That has happened to me before, but I am all for TK penalties. The only reason keeping count on your score is to show how good you are, and TKing, in my opinion, is a big mistake because you prevent your team mate from doing a good job. (The only thing I don't like about the points is how many you get for planting a bomb.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:52 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

XenoKiLLer wrote:
you need to play a bit of AA's Mout training.

What/where is that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:16 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Its like a map with several linked rooms with random popup targets - mixed with both friendly and enemy - you have to rush in and shoot as amny enemies as you can as fast as possible. It is meant for quick target identification, accurate shooting, and prioritizing where and what you shoot. Its under BCT (Basic Combat Training) in AA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:28 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I rember that in AA it's a royal pain but a good teaching tool for telling friend from foe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:48 pm 
Expert
Expert

Yeah.. Well I know that AA's Mout training is good for IDing targets, do you really condone telling someone to download 2.5 gigabytes, just so they can use, what, 100mb of it? Tops?

Waste of time, space and effort.[/offtopic]

I sometimes have a problem with TKing (both being and doing) because I would get behind the enemy, take a couple of them out and then run through were they would go, and end up running into my camping team mates and getting shot to buggery. Same for when people do that and I'm the one camping.

Another instance is where they appear from around a corner and you have but a nano second to ID them and fire. My philosophy is Shoot First Ask Questons Later, purely because if you don't you are, more often than not, dead.

Either they TK you first, or its an enemy and he kills you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:53 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

You can always borrow from someone of get version 2.5 or 2.6 which has the same mission.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:50 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Most seasoned players of this game can differentiate for the most part based on uniforms on most maps (personally i think the skins on village are far too similar - Tk me on snow....youre a moron and ill file)

The problem servers have been having since the release of .49 is NOT with those of us who are addicted to this game, but with NOOBS who have absolutely no clue who is what, who goes where and such. A default option for new players, in my opinion, is a must. There are just to many dumb tk's lately.

Also: having the name show up when u point your gun at teammates is fine, its just that sometimes it takes too long for the name to pop up...and by the time it does....dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:42 am 
Expert
Expert

The darker maps (Delta, Railhouse) Its kinda hard to pick out differences in uniforms :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:29 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

In ET there is some sort if server addon where you get an auto message of hold your fire when a bullet hits a teammate. It's a noob issue but it would help. I always have teammates taking shots at me, and when I dont shoot back, they take a few more. I rarely file for accidents, but I do let them know what I think. I guess it's the fog of war.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:03 am 
High Master
High Master

I'd like to see an alternate punishment than a filing. Like you move slower after you TK some one. Just something to motivate people to not TK, if people get kicked for sucking, then they will just stop playing. However, if they move slower they will be able to get better at the game.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next