All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: website improvements request
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:42 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

1-wallpapers: just allow people to check the original size of the wallpaper, from there on people can just right click and save it, way better than downloading a hole map, unnecessary...

2-videos: just allow people to directly download the Windos Media files or QuickTime or whatever, its unnecessary to let people download a hole map, what would be even better is flash videos like the videos from youtube.

3-advertisements: there could be more text advertisements on this website,
like the one below the forum, there could also be some text advertisements on the sides of the page
<------ plenty of space ----->
why am i suggesting this? so the devs can gain more money for this project, besides... this aint the main.com website anyways, so it doesnt really matter,
this website should be pure for the money IMO.

Last edited by Dragonathan on Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: 3 website improvements request
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:06 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
1-wallpapers: just allow people to check the original size of the wallpaper, from there on people can just right click and save it, way better than downloading a hole map, unnecessary...

2-videos: just allow people to directly download the Windos Media files or QuickTime or whatever, its unnecessary to let people download a hole map, what would be even better is flash videos like the videos from youtube.

3-advertisements: there could be more text advertisements on this website,
like the one below the forum, there could also be some text advertisements on the sides of the page
<------ plenty of space ----->
why am i suggesting this? so the devs can gain more money for this project, besides... this aint the main.com website anyways, so it doesnt really matter,
this website should be pure for the money IMO.

1. yeah, that would be better if you could just load the whole thing for a preview, but you would have to have it the other way too, you gotta think of dial-up users!

2.Umm, all the videos in the video section can be viewed on the page already (you just click on them, then click play, all of them have an embedded YouTube version) and the only ones that can't be downloaded are fan videos, like mine (and that's simply up to the creators).

3. This would work, but basically the only thing that would be relevent would be adding a picture link to the TC:E Store.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:48 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Those are already on the way... lets just say we are working on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:57 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

new suggestions:

-remove the old versions on the download page, it will only confuse people wich one to download, and also put the wolfenstein files on the top of the list, and put a big number on each file so people can know wich one they'll need to download/install 1 by 1,
example:
1-Wolfenstein full..
2-Wolfenstein 2.60 update..
3-True Combat 0.49

i know that it is very simple to know wich one to download for someone with lots of wisdom & knowledge, but you have to put yourself in a perspective of someone with not that much knowledge about modding/computer/games ect. ect.

-dont forget to put the paypal donation thingy on the index page,

Last edited by Dragonathan on Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:35 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

There still are 048 players out there, as of right now we cant remove the old version from servers yet not until everyone ahs completely moved and left 048.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:10 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
There still are 048 players out there, as of right now we cant remove the old version from servers yet not until everyone ahs completely moved and left 048.

than there should be 3 downlaod sections:
1-Downloads
2-additional tools
3-archive

the old files could be placed in nr3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:13 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Diane isnt around if you havent heard. She has to work in prague and is probably very busy. Noone else here can do anything about that. Plus how hard is it to figure out which on is the latest release? It already says 0.49 full install. If the person doesnt get that, they shouldnt even be downloading things off the internet and installing them on their computers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:17 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

the more userfriendly, the more players, the more popular it will be.

Last edited by Dragonathan on Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:23 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
the more userfriendly, the more people, the more popular it will be.

It says the current version of TC:E on the MAIN PAGE, right where everyone can see it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:12 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Evil_Muska wrote:
It says the current version of TC:E on the MAIN PAGE, right where everyone can see it.

true... but allot of people will still not understand wich one to download and wich one to install first,

when i asked my brother in law to download this game he was confused because he didnt know wich one to download and wich one to install first, he installed 0.49 first, it is difficult for someone that never played modifications, imagine the one's that never played a game, devs have to put themself in that perspective.

thats why i came with this idea:
Quote:
new suggestions:

-remove the old versions on the download page, it will only confuse people wich one to download, and also put the wolfenstein files on the top of the list, and put a big number on each file so people can know wich one they'll need to download/install 1 by 1,
example:
1-Wolfenstein full..
2-Wolfenstein 2.60 update..
3-True Combat 0.49

i know that it is very simple to know wich one to download for someone with lots of wisdom & knowledge, but you have to put yourself in a perspective of someone with not that much knowledge about modding/computer/games ect. ect.

-dont forget to put the paypal donation thingy on the index page,

Last edited by Dragonathan on Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:43 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

maybe not remove the old versions, but have them marked as old versions. there is still a good community in .48, it's not dead yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:23 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I have a request also.
I request members requests do not sound like demands.

Stating what you would like without using it in a questionable form is a demand.
If I say "Could we have a wallpaper/screenshot section?"
Or even "Can we use this color of text for the forum as the default color?"

Using something like "Need more themes for the forum." is more of a demand than asking a request as this topic states.

"If the moderators could please add more themes, that would be great! One of my favorite themes is..." This would be more appropriate.

btw, the themes are just fine, add extra whenever you feel like. ;)

If you are still looking to save bandwidth, you could use bittorrent to distribute the game(s) and patch(es).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:53 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Cope57 wrote:
If you are still looking to save bandwidth, you could use bittorrent to distribute the game(s) and patch(es).

1. torrents are anything but user-friendly.
2. some people can't get torrents to work, myself included (I can use the software, I can even start the download process, but when I do.... it just sits there and NEVER downloads even 1kb of data).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:01 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Maybe needs more seeders?

I usually download 700Mb in about 2-3 hours. This is when I use bittorrent to download Linux distributions from bittorrent sites like Linuxtracker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:04 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Cope57 wrote:
Maybe needs more seeders?

You see?
I have absolutely no clue what you mean. :x
Like I said before, Torrents aren't the way to go.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next