All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:31 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
body armor is about usefulness not style,

usefulness with style,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:39 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

but they wouldnt bother about it, Soldiers dont have time to care about style while on duty and nor would terrorists want to look like colorful hippies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:09 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
but they wouldnt bother about it, Soldiers dont have time to care about style while on duty and nor would terrorists want to look like colorful hippies.

dude... i didnt ment that the soldiers in tce should look trendy like david beckum, what i ment was that the soldiers could look cool without demaging the realism, example:

ok now how TERRORISTS should look like:

as you can see, the models of those pictures are all waering a black gear, and thats how the terrorist should look like, but thats my opinion. im getting tired of bad looking bad guys, the good guys always look way better than the bad guys in most games, so thats why i personally think that the bad guys should look as cool as the good guys.

Last edited by Dragonathan on Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:15 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well the first one is from Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter so that is clearly rules out. For the terrorists, well thats fine, yet they will be more of Mercinaries then. Have you head of the Future Force Warrior System? it is the new USArmy infantry technology focused on improving the life expectancy of a soldier in combat. It goes with improved optics, armor, and various equiptment. Part of it is effective camouflage. Now what do you think would stand out more, rugged and dirty blend in with the locals look, or shiny and gleaming looking like Captian Mitchell of Ghost squad?

The idea was never to look cool. Ofcourse to civilians today, especially those who dont care about world affairs like to dress up in army colors because they beleive it makes them look cool. Well that is a disgrace to the military and the purpose of those colors - camouflage. I would rather like to see functional uniforms in game rather than just making them look good. I dont care if it is ugly, if it keeps the enemy from seeing me then Im okay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:24 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
I would rather like to see functional uniforms in game rather than just making them look good. I dont care if it is ugly, if it keeps the enemy from seeing me then Im okay.

usefulness, style, with camouflage. :D :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:06 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

you are really persistent huh... no military makes combat uniforms for style, only dress uniforms are designed to look good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:18 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
you are really persistent huh... no military makes combat uniforms for style, only dress uniforms are designed to look good.

afcourse not... but evryone has their own perspective of style... i find the u.s. soldiers really styleful,

and why do you think that the soldiers in iraq wear sunglasses, ok i know its for the sun, but if they didnt care about style 100%, than i dont think they would wear those cool looking oakley sunglasses/goggles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:39 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Those are government issue uniforms, they wear those becuase of the sun and because tha tis what the government issues the soldiers. Again, the idea that wearing fatigues, and other miliray items are all purely in the mentality of the civilians who look up to the army or simply think looking like a soldier makes you look badass and therefore cool. People only think that is cool because others say so although that isnt the real case there. Do you know what the oakley glasses and goggles are called by the soldiers? They call them rape prevention goggles because it makes them look so dorky that nobody would rape them. Only the civilians think those are cool because they feel baddass when they were them - with the idea of soldiers kick butt and shoot guns at people. *That kind of thinking is wrong, inaccurate, and definitely insulting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:55 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Do you know what the oakley glasses and goggles are called by the soldiers? They call them rape prevention goggles because it makes them look so dorky that nobody would rape them. .

lmao bullshit dude,
oakley is a brandname, and if you wanna look cool, you wear oakley sunglasses,

infact theres a famous dutch dj called DJ juan or something i forgot the name but he always wear oakley's, and this dj makes cool music,

but i guess you think hes dorky,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:10 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I know that, and soldier's are issued with those things. Do you really think the army or the governmnet would bother to make thier own. The thing is, brands become popular when high profile people use them. In this case, the US Army, the world's premier land fighting force, wears oakley branded items, camouflage, etc etc etc. Juan doesnt sound like a dutch name though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:18 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

sorry i ment DJ jean, its not a dutch name more a france name, but hes dutch.
here watch all his clips, check him wearing those oakley caps and sunglasses,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TDdT0vcXv8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpTKHGDMSgU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBmX1SDce1M
http://www.djjean.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:31 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

alright alright...

Stay on topic... you must give a better reason why we need to use more snazzy and stylish uniforms - just looking cool, and or looking badass isnt a good reason. Nor is it a reason that will bring in more people. Give a good reason gameplay wise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:43 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Give a good reason gameplay wise.

gameplay?...... it has nothing to do with the gameplay, its more an eyecandy, but most subjects in the models/animation discussion topic are about eye candys.

why the models should look cool?
because the models represents the game, models should be representative, IMO the player models are like a "trademark/characteristics" of a game.

example..
if people see this:
they immediately know its HALO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:47 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

If TT was making a Scifi game, then cool and snazzy outfits with various hightech nano gadgets would work. But they are trying to create an 80s Counter terrorist shooter meaning, everything then looked ugly and was purely for their purpose not style.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:53 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

even if the soldiers in the game sepose to be from the 80's, doesnt mean it have to look ugly,

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next