All times are UTC




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:48 am 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 4573
Location: Canada, ON
The fact is, mocap is no use to them at this time. TT has no plans to abandon WET and TCE as a mod for it. The reason is because it is free. There are no other freegames out there that they can mod with WET's flexibility and upgradability while still providing a secure license for their media (graphics and textures). All the other things I have mentioned in the past are not possible with WET without breaking any legal agreements therefore are not options unless they do change engines. As I said, however, the do not want to change engines because ET is free making TCE free. Therefore, buying unneccessary equiptment doesnt make any sense, or even planning anything that would not comply with the EULA or the WET source code.

_________________
Image
Terms of Use||TC:E + W:ET EULA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:07 pm 
Offline
Forum Master
Forum Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:50 am
Posts: 1049
Location: Teh US
Mocap is usually reserved for cutscenes (which TC:E and WET don't have) or possibly machinima (and TT doesn't do machinima, I do). Besides, do you realize the amount of elaborate equippment needed for mocap? You need an entire room covered in special blue paper, special suits with sensors all over them, and a special camera that can pick up the sensors. The software itself will not magically produce mocap, you have to buy prolly 5-6 thousand dollars of physical equippment to even put the software to use.

Bottom line: Mocap is out of the question, and discussing it any further is just pointless.

_________________
"Who's chair is that?... who put that G**Damn chair here? It's not my chair. Not my chair not my problem, that's what I say"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:04 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
it dont have to be necessarily MoCap...
but i mean like other cool professional studio equipments, just the things to upgrade groove six studio

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:12 pm 
Offline
Forum Master
Forum Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:50 am
Posts: 1049
Location: Teh US
Dragonathan wrote:
it dont have to be necessarily MoCap...
but i mean like other cool professional studio equipments, just the things to upgrade groove six studio


Dragon, I highly doubt your opinions and suggestions have any influence whatsoever to where TT decides to put it's income.... so why keep badgering? :?

Besides, it has already been stated many times that the first thing they are purchasing is a new server(s).

_________________
"Who's chair is that?... who put that G**Damn chair here? It's not my chair. Not my chair not my problem, that's what I say"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:32 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
Evil_Muska wrote:
Dragon, I highly doubt your opinions and suggestions have any influence whatsoever to where TT decides to put it's income.... so why keep badgering? :?

Besides, it has already been stated many times that the first thing they are purchasing is a new server(s).


maybe... but doesnt mean whe cant talk and discuss about it.

purchasing new servers??? intresting...

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:46 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
XenoKiLLer wrote:
Thats why you were promoted. We need more admins however...

Okay.. here is the deal... there is no need to buy a mocap yet as that is useless since they still use Q3 engines. The money should go towards actually funding TT and TCE's production. Maybe not as salaries for the devs but as resources necessary to purchase new software to help them build. Maybe if they want they could buy some low cost independent game dev tools and engines like the Torque engine which only costs around $100, they could buy it, and built TC2 on it, put copyrights and control it, sell it if they want - ofcourse not forgeting the loyal staff, team members and fans for all their support (we should get it free... 8) )

--------------

The Torque engine was used to make Tribes2 and some other games I cant remember. it is cheap but looks good. It uses DX7/8 which is much better than just being limited to OGL which apparently has lots of issues with some people who cant seem to get it working.

--------------

Dont get any ideas to put up "Make TC2 using the Torque engine by buying it with $100USD worth of money from the merchandise" thread. I mean it. That was just a though on how money earned can be put to good use for TT's own development. TT is a growing dev team, maybe in 6 years EA will buy them. (lol)


ok i forgot to mention this...

trust me xeno, the future of gaming lies in free games...
since the arrival of internet there are plenty of illegal downloads, so i dont see a bright future in commercial games,

but free games is the enw revolution, the developers of the free games can obtain money by letting companies sponsor/advertise the game itself.

so serieus speaking, free games is THE NEW REVOLUTION

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:47 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 4573
Location: Canada, ON
So you clearly say that you are an illegal gamer, huh?

MMO games and all multiplayer games should be free, but if they were all totaly free there would not be any money paid to developers to make these games. Even freeware and GPL game devs need money, they only make those free games because getting a job in the real industry REQUIRES that you have experience in deveolpment and must have atleast released ONE publicly published game either commercial or GPL. Money is what keeps the industry running. By advertising you mean games like those made by Dave Perry. Those are known as advertgames, games like 2Moons and several other advertgames are now being made we know that, but games like that would not last because once they lose popularity or dont get popular, they lose the sponsors, or even the otherway around, if the sponsors leave since they arent making money out of it, then the game seizes to work.

Illegaly downloaded games arent free games, those are called bootleg games and arent legal.

TT has decided to buy a server and what they do with their money is thier decision not ours.

Please avoid double posts. Further ignorance of the forum rules will be dealt with.

_________________
Image
Terms of Use||TC:E + W:ET EULA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:24 am 
Offline
Forum Master
Forum Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:48 am
Posts: 1239
Dragonathan wrote:
ok i forgot to mention this...

trust me xeno, the future of gaming lies in free games...
since the arrival of internet there are plenty of illegal downloads, so i dont see a bright future in commercial games,

but free games is the enw revolution, the developers of the free games can obtain money by letting companies sponsor/advertise the game itself.

so serieus speaking, free games is THE NEW REVOLUTION


You're an idiot...

But I guess once an illegal downloader, always an illegal downloader...

A game needs money somewhere along the way... I don't see to many mods that are as succussful as TC:E that are free. I'm sure people give donations, but TT isn't doing all of this free of cost, they're putting time and money into it...

Just know that if all games were free, there wouldn't be any bootlegged games for you to download... So this FREE GAMES IS THE NEW REVOLUTION crap you speak of is definantly false in so many ways...

~Silentcrisis

_________________
Image

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:15 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:38 pm
Posts: 2007
a few things to think about when you say free games are the revolution:

game prices are going UP. when half-life 1 came out it's price was ~$30-40 (can't remember how much) and it's sequel retails for OVER $50.

here are some ex-free mods:
Garry's mod for HL2, now going pay-to-play.
Runescape, the once free game, now has nearly every update for paying members, and only twice in the last year have they updated the free version (minus the graphical updates that are always going on.)

also note that though old games are now going free, new ones will always be pay first.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:21 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 4573
Location: Canada, ON
Dont even mention RO as a succeful mod that was free, they wont millions from the make something unreal contest. yes TT could make money if they win 2007's contest but UT2k7 aint gonna be free therefore is out of the question. Plus that fact that it wont work for nearly everyone in these forums and community.

So, in summary;
illegaly downloaded bootleg games = stolen
free games = freeware/opensource/GPL released

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its all about money, the best and most played online games arent free, and if you got them free from the internet, dont talk about how you got it here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, leave the money to TT's accountants to deal with. They need a new website server, then that is where the money should go.

_________________
Image
Terms of Use||TC:E + W:ET EULA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:23 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
XenoKiLLer wrote:
TT has decided to buy a server and what they do with their money is thier decision not ours.


right but noone made any decisions, we just suggested stuff... and theres a big difference between suggesting and deciding.

-----
now about that free game thingy, just because its free doesnt mean the devs that developed the free games cant earn some money,

you guys forget the part where you need to buy equipments/objects to be able to level up more faster in rpg games and stuff, like a magical stone that gives you allot of strength ect. ect.

and thats the future of gaming, you may be able to get the game free but you have to buy stuff for the game to be able to get to the next level or whatever you can think of,

an example is a game called project entropia, ive tried it once but i didnt like the gameplay, the game is free, its an mmorpg, but to level up fast and make your character more succesfull, you will need to spend money on that, or you can do it without spending any money but it will take years to level up and stuff,

oh you can also earn money... real money:
http://www.entropiauniverse.com/en/rich/5357.html


oh by the way, yes i download illegal games and i posses pirated console games, but... it is legal in my country... as long i dont sell it its legit,
im telling you guys... my country is relax... and cill, if i smoke weed infront of the cops the only thing they'll do is smile at you... the only thing thats legal are guns, you have a pile of licenses if you wanna own guns, thats why i have my doubts if i wanna leave this country or not, cause i was planning to move to U.S.A.

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Last edited by Dragonathan on Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:42 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 4573
Location: Canada, ON
Well then I curse that country and hope the worst. Even if you sell it as bootleg but you still made money out of it, that is still considered theft. Even though it isnt a law in your country that law only applies to software from your country as those comemrcial games you stole are under international law.

They have decided, they arent suggesting.

_________________
Image
Terms of Use||TC:E + W:ET EULA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:19 pm 
Offline
Forum Master
Forum Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:50 am
Posts: 1049
Location: Teh US
Dragonathan wrote:
oh by the way, yes i download illegal games and i posses pirated console games, but... it is legal in my country... as long i dont sell it its legit,
im telling you guys... my country is relax... and cill, if i smoke weed infront of the cops the only thing they'll do is smile at you... the only thing thats legal are guns, you have a pile of licenses if you wanna own guns, thats why i have my doubts if i wanna leave this country or not, cause i was planning to move to U.S.A.



Man, no wonder your such an asswhipe. :?

If you want to stay "relaxed" and don't want to get beat down from smoking weed in front of the cops, stay away from the US of A.
Trust me, if you act the way you do the forums in the US, you'll prolly get your ass kicked before you even step out of the airport. :violent:

_________________
"Who's chair is that?... who put that G**Damn chair here? It's not my chair. Not my chair not my problem, that's what I say"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:46 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
Evil_Muska wrote:
Man, no wonder your such an asswhipe. :?


asswhipe? dude i am actually really friendly to evryone, but dont expect that i wont be hostile if your hostile to me, i mean respect must come from both sides.

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:11 am 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 4573
Location: Canada, ON
Cut it out you two.

_________________
Image
Terms of Use||TC:E + W:ET EULA


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Style created by © Matti, gry komputerowe, reklama sem reklama seo

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group