All times are UTC

Post subject: Frame Rate Problem with 0.49
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:56 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

I recently bought a new computer. Not the Best one ever built or bought, but it was definately an upgrade. I have a decent on-board vid card, 64mb, and a relatively fast processor speed, but only 512mb of memory. I am having some fps problems, mainly it hovers around 6, with spikes to 20-30 and it takes forever to load a map. I was wondering if the memory could be the problem or if it could be something else. I've thought about getting some small upgrades for my computer if it would help. Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

los Doctores www.clan-doctor.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:59 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

hmmm... does a local game improve it at all? if not, it could be all the features that are clogging you, just turn it down a touch and it should help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:56 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Here is what is going on, TCE has some maps that require 512Mb ram, actually its Snow and Railhouse to be certain. Having a flat 512mb stick on your computer, you may have a hard time getting those two to work. plus most of the maps have been redone and require wuite alot more power. Also, part of the cfgs under hunkmegs and hunkzones were increased in order to suppor tthe new map's requirements. The best option would be to get an independent video card and 1 more 512mb stick of ram of the same speed and type. Even a GeForce4MX is good enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:43 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Here is what is going on, TCE has some maps that require 512Mb ram, actually its Snow and Railhouse to be certain. Having a flat 512mb stick on your computer, you may have a hard time getting those two to work. plus most of the maps have been redone and require wuite alot more power. Also, part of the cfgs under hunkmegs and hunkzones were increased in order to suppor tthe new map's requirements. The best option would be to get an independent video card and 1 more 512mb stick of ram of the same speed and type. Even a GeForce4MX is good enough.

most of the maps have been redone and require alot more power......hmmm....lets sacrific quality of play for a nice new glitchy map that doesnt load or if it does load you get stuck on doors.

way to go!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:00 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

The only way to get it to load is to use a start up script. There are no other solutions to that as of yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:51 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Resolution settings are a simple "Set Recommended" and then I adjust the game screen resolution according to my monitor resolution.
It seems to work best for me.