All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:18 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

This is what is called flipped his lid.

Unless you would be willing to work on newer models that look good but are under 1000 triangles per mesh... with all new highres 1024x1024 textures, then its better to just be content with what we have for now. We all know they are working on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:48 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

For one thing... Dragon, you have already made a thread exactly like this, but with slightly different pics and info.
Secondly.... it's just as useless and horrible of an idea as it was the first time around. The devs have no creativity? Fictional characters don't clash with a tactical realism shooter?
How about this.....

1. Go take a class on C++

2. Make your own mod

3. Bash TC:E on your own mod's forum

This way everybody wins!
You get what you want in a mod, and you can do all the TC:E bashing you can possibly stand.

Go ahead Dragon, make your own uber-mod and change the gaming world forever...... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:10 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Evil_Muska wrote:
For one thing... Dragon, you have already made a thread exactly like this, but with slightly different pics and info.
Secondly.... it's just as useless and horrible of an idea as it was the first time around. The devs have no creativity? Fictional characters don't clash with a tactical realism shooter?
How about this.....

1. Go take a class on C++

2. Make your own mod

3. Bash TC:E on your own mod's forum

This way everybody wins!
You get what you want in a mod, and you can do all the TC:E bashing you can possibly stand.

Go ahead Dragon, make your own uber-mod and change the gaming world forever...... :roll:

lol, you're asking for a lot from a dutch kid...

If he had the knowledge and resources to make his own mod, he still wouldn't be happy...

Dragon... What we're implying (politely) is that you can't get everything you want even if you do have the right stuff to make it... There isn't a game out there made by one person that pleased every single person that spent minutes of their life playing it...

You're thinking for yourself and not the thousands of other people that are playing or are about to play this modification for Enemy Territory...

What more can be said?

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:03 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

So this is like the second or third reincarnation of the same topic. It might do good if the devs just release a document on all the things they plan to have and do for the next following versions of this game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:53 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

kozak6 wrote:

You are absolutely right.

I mean, Darth Vader vs Neo? That's definitely something that work well in TCE.

Why didn't I think of that?

problem with these kind of people is that they dont have the ability to understand someone elses perspective, because they arent so creative and open minded about stuff they dont understand/and dont want to understand,
in other words, this type of threads is way too complex for someone that dont understand art/creativity,

oh you were the one that flamed me when i suggested that the main menu image should be a raw looking 2d art image right? well look at the main menu now...

ohh... and you probably dont even know what inspiration means right?

sarcasm is for losers, sarcasm is always used by losers whos still trying to insult the winner by making sarcasms

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:58 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Dragon, what are you trying to pull of here. All of you guys just cut this out. Diane isnt around for all we know somewhere in Prague or Munich.

Dragon, do you know why you are receiving bad comments? it is because this mod is about realism, and modern military games. This is no place for darth vader, neo, judge dread, or any of those scifi/fantasy characters and their costumes.If you really want to put a good suggestions for the textures use reallife examples of Specops units and police units not some japanese western wannabes with head bands. Also, take note of the game's limitations whice I have already told you several times, those are engine based limitations tha tthe devs cannot change FYI, as they are only modding game code not the engine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:43 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Dragon, do you know why you are receiving bad comments? it is because this mod is about realism, and modern military games. This is no place for darth vader, neo, judge dread, or any of those scifi/fantasy characters and their costumes.If you really want to put a good suggestions for the textures use reallife examples of Specops units and police units not some japanese western wannabes with head bands. Also, take note of the game's limitations whice I have already told you several times, those are engine based limitations tha tthe devs cannot change FYI, as they are only modding game code not the engine.

i never said that i wanted darth vader or judge dread in the game, the only thing i said was that it was just for inspirations,

wow.... english is like my 4th language, am i really the only one that understand the word inspiration?

ill repeat this for the one that dont understand what inspiration means

what wanted the specop to look like was something like this:

as you all can see... he wears a mask "just like darth vader" he looks bad ass "just like judge dred"

and for the terrorist... this is how terrorist should look like:

so it aint fictional, those type of gear does exist in real life,

now do yall still dont get this hole thing about inspiration?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:39 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragon, look....

For one that "face mask" you speak of is already in the game (just look at the pic at the top of the page between the TC:E task bar... what's that guy wearing over his face?).
For another, English is my first and only language, and I don't beleive any of your pics are in any way an inspiration.
The specop pic you displayed is that of (I do beleive) an Army soldier in desert camo. The Army has a different look than a Special-Operations unit.
Special-Operations.... you know... like SWAT. They are not going to have the same equippment, and they are not going to have (strongly) similar uniforms. Specops are decked out with urban-assault gear and uniforms.... the guy in the pic you showed is decked out in a desert-assault type uniform, and has corresponding gear.
Oh yeah, and as if the terrorists really need to look like that :roll: ... all I see is some chick in a back track-suit, no bullet protection, and a freaking beanie (and all her equippment is hung over her back).

Oh and for the record, you aren't the most imaginative and creative person in the world, I easily out-rank you in that department.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:12 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

what specops should look like:

*edit* transloaded and resized

Last edited by it on Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:45 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

exactly what i mean, but the devs dont wanna use those skin/models anymore,

PS: can you please link up your pic, cause is way way too big.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:40 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Evil_Muska wrote:
Oh and for the record, you aren't the most imaginative and creative person in the world, I easily out-rank you in that department.

well if so than how come you take evrything i post literally?
and did i ever said that im the most... . . . in the world?.. you put words in my mouth that i never said dude...

and if you are so creative as you said you are, than how come you take a example of pictures so serieus?

or was it just a joke? or did you considered the pictures i showed as serieus/literally?

because i was just pointing out some concepts
:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:27 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
Evil_Muska wrote:

well if so than how come you take evrything i post literally?
and did i ever said that im the most... . . . in the world?.. you put words in my mouth that i never said dude...

and if you are so creative as you said you are, than how come you take a example of pictures so serieus?

or was it just a joke? or did you considered the pictures i showed as serieus/literally?

because i was just pointing out some concepts
:roll:

first of all, you never said you were, no.... but you act as if your opinion is all that matters....
ever heard of the phrase "Actions speak louder than words" :roll:.
also, being creative is not a parallel to being serious, you can be both.
I am serious about concepts and their relevance to the project, that is why I respond in such a way.
If your not going to be serious about the ideas in which you post, then why waste the time defending them so much? If a concept is not considered serious by the one who posted it, then why would anyone else pay any mind to it? why bother? why take up the space and time required to post it?

If your not going to make serious suggestions, then don't expect anyone with half a brain to take any of them in the least-bit of a serious manner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:40 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Who's pictures are way too big? Dragon if you dont already know we have a policy on using images in forum threads that are bigger than a couple hundred pixels in width and height. By next week we will replace all these pictures with links and delete all pictures that were repeatedly "qouted" over and over again.

We know what inspiration means but science fiction and fantasy as inspiration have no place in a game like TCE. BTW, being a specops or a soldier for that matter doesnt have anything to do with being badass. The bad ass idea was only popularized by cheap movie characters like rambo and the like. Even terrorists arent badass, yes they may be doing the world alot of crime but they have purposes other than being "badass" therefore badass isnt really the right description. The military isnt about being badass and being able to shoot guns at people legally.

BTW, the second picture in the prev post, that is how the specops uniform looks already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:12 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Who's pictures are way too big?

it's picture was too big but he edited it,

Evil_Muska wrote:
If your not going to be serious about the ideas in which you post, then why waste the time defending them so much?

all i was trying to do was convince people to not take examples so literally,

but it seems most people in this forum dont have knowledge in art,
but next time if i show examples, than i show examples that people understand immediately, cause it seems that not much people around here have capabilities in using their imagination.

HOW SPECOP SHOULD LOOK LIKE:

see... it looks like darth vader and it looks really bad ass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:42 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

First of all DarthVader looks nothing like that. Second, specops dont look badass and they shouldnt look badass at all. I pity anyone who thinks soldiers are badasses. BTW, body armor is about usefulness not style, they dont wear those things to look cool and badass. (and I am not saying they are badass because badass is an attitude not something that you can tell solely from the way people look). Also, all the pictures are too big. Didnt I say a couple hundred pixels wide or high. That would be the size of a google thumbnail.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next