All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: TT's income
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:37 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

ok... i know with all the new merchendises and stuff that the devs are earning some money,
but i wouldnt recommand the devs to keep buying new stuff evry time they receive their money,

what the devs need to buy are the things you really really need, they should try their best to save allot of money this hole year,
now after 1 year you invest on new studio equipments and upgrade Groove Six Studio with new professional studio equipments,

check this shit out: motion capture equipments...
http://www.animazoo.com/products/index.htm

but if you really want to obtain allot of money, than having sponsors is the answer,
but to do that you'll need to have a large large and i mean really large players base... than i think there will be sponsors that are intrested in spending allot of money in just having their company logo on the start of the intro of tc:e. like allot of commercial games, but i really have my doubts if it will work cause its still a mod and not a standalone game...

@Diane: i recommand you to also open a donation paypal option like in the .com site,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:07 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

there is a paypal thing now, and I think by the time that the $5 a shirt hits the few thousand needed for motion capture, 1.0 will be out. and it won't do much either. the engine can't handle complex animations.

and we got a BIIIG influx of new people after the release. we're the "little mod that could" :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:54 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Thats why you were promoted. We need more admins however...

Okay.. here is the deal... there is no need to buy a mocap yet as that is useless since they still use Q3 engines. The money should go towards actually funding TT and TCE's production. Maybe not as salaries for the devs but as resources necessary to purchase new software to help them build. Maybe if they want they could buy some low cost independent game dev tools and engines like the Torque engine which only costs around $100, they could buy it, and built TC2 on it, put copyrights and control it, sell it if they want - ofcourse not forgeting the loyal staff, team members and fans for all their support (we should get it free... 8) )

--------------

The Torque engine was used to make Tribes2 and some other games I cant remember. it is cheap but looks good. It uses DX7/8 which is much better than just being limited to OGL which apparently has lots of issues with some people who cant seem to get it working.

--------------

Dont get any ideas to put up "Make TC2 using the Torque engine by buying it with $100USD worth of money from the merchandise" thread. I mean it. That was just a though on how money earned can be put to good use for TT's own development. TT is a growing dev team, maybe in 6 years EA will buy them. (lol)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:13 am 
High Master
High Master

If you want them to work harder, all you need to do is threaten to give them lap dances. The thought you naked will scare them into long hours of work. I'll even set a deadline, if new guns are not out by the end of the year, Dragon, will give all the devs a lap dance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:15 am 
Expert
Expert

Or threaten them with a Gnome Strike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:06 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Death Touch wrote:
Or threaten them with a Gnome Strike.

A NUCLEAR Gnome Strike! :twisted:

Everything sounds scarier with the word nuclear in front of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:55 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

if the word Nuclear family scary? Nuclear reactor? A common misconception where the word nuclear automatically points towards an atomic bomb.

Gnomes eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:54 am 
High Master
High Master

What about nuclear orgy, Nuclear pony, or Nuclear vibrator?

Nuclear Dragonathan.... thats scary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:00 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
if the word Nuclear family scary? Nuclear reactor? A common misconception where the word nuclear automatically points towards an atomic bomb.

Gnomes eh?

You know what I mean. :roll:

Post subject: Re: TT's income
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:02 am 
High Master
High Master

Dragonathan wrote:
ok... i know with all the new merchandises and stuff that the devs are earning some money,
but I wouldn't recommend the devs to keep buying new stuff every time they receive their money,

what the devs need to buy are the things you really really need, they should try their best to save allot of money this hole year,
now after 1 year you invest on new studio equipments and upgrade Groove Six Studio with new professional studio equipments,

check this shit out: motion capture equipments...
http://www.animazoo.com/products/index.htm

but if you really want to obtain allot of money, than having sponsors is the answer,
but to do that you'll need to have a large large and i mean really large players base... than i think there will be sponsors that are interested in spending allot of money in just having their company logo on the start of the intro of tc:e. like allot of commercial games, but i really have my doubts if it will work cause its still a mod and not a standalone game...

@Diane: I recommend you to also open a donation paypal option like in the .com site,

There are a lot of grammatical errors in your post, which I will not even begin to address.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:05 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

-ATHF-FryLock wrote:
There are a lot of grammatical errors in your post, which I will not even begin to address.

We've been over Dragon's grammer many times..... it's always been horrible.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:11 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

actually motion capture does work on the wet engine,
its the same like changing a new ammo loading animation, and thats possible, and if thats possible, than you should be able to replace the ammo loading animation with the pre-animated ammo loading animation that you animated with the motioncapture,

and you can do much more, like jumps & fall, its all possible

P.S. @frylock, look if you dont like me, and if you dont like the way i type my posts/grammer, than just ignore me, just pretend that i dont exist,

@moderator: can you guys remove the useless off-topic posts please... that would be really appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:28 pm 
High Master
High Master

Although I wouldn't expect Dragon to know, on the main forums somewhere, I believe they said that the money was to be used for a new server for the forums.

MoCap is extremely expensive. Selling TCE thongs isn't exactly going to make the devs millionaires.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:38 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I especially question the part about the boyfriend/girlfriend part but that was apaprently a marketing scheme.

I know these emrchandise wont really get much money but probably enough to keep the webservers running.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:25 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

kozak6 wrote:
Although I wouldn't expect Dragon to know, on the main forums somewhere, I believe they said that the money was to be used for a new server for the forums.

MoCap is extremely expensive. Selling TCE thongs isn't exactly going to make the devs millionaires.

if devs keep having the sames thoughts like kozak's thought, than the devs probably wont make any progress at all, theyd probably wont make any steps further other than modding on the same engine the rest of their lives.

you have to keep making big steps forwards, i mean the merchendises are actually a big step towards professionalism, when i suggested that lots of people were sceptic about it, look at it now, devs have their own merchendises,

and its just a matter of time that the devs will have a pimped up studio with lots of professional equipments,

yes mocap is expensive, and all the other professional developer's equipments are expensive aswell,

but there are also second hand game developer's equipments in perfect condition thats only 4 or 5 years old ,that the devs can buy for a very very cheap price.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next