All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:35 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

i think if flags are moved, they should be moved to an elevated position, that way all can see where it is, its difficult to get to but not as difficult as it is now, and its a fun challenge, and will take minor teamwork

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:43 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

ofcourse, they should put some challenge to getting that flag. Turns out people can simply exploit the bug to win.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:35 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

When your team is working together to get the flag, it is actually quite possible. The problem is, the game is more full of noobs than it used to be, so most of your team is probably camping choke points and not "mucking in." Even on delta, for example, where the flag is inside the spawn area - specops spawn all around it, for goodness sake - if you lay down LOTS of smoke (kudos on the two smoke nades, btw) and a flashbang or two, you or one of your mates can quite easily pick up the flag and make off with it. It's luck as to whether you escape in the next seconds, but it's possible.
I think it IS too hard at the moment, but it shouldn't be made much easier. I'd say a combination of moving the flag - slightly, and modifying ROE. Perhaps in the time limit they can't shoot, or instead of you dying you just don't injure them? Personally I think the first is better.

My main problem so far is that terrorists suddenly seem to have a very hard time of it. There are NO accurate assault rifles or SMGs. The MP5, on the other hand, seems regularly to be able to dispatch with a couple of hits, and is extremely accurate in comparison. I'm not gun expert, so I don't know whether this is realistic. If it is, then I think the terrorists could do with some alternative weapons.
The damage also seems weird - several times I have given a good length burst to someone's torso with the AK47 or MAC 10, only for one or two shots from the MP5 to wallop me dead (from a previously uninjured state.) This is downright irritating! In the olden days, the MAC 10 was irritating because it couldn't hit a man further than a few paces away - now it can't kill a man, even if he is standing a few paces away!

Disclaimer: this is just my experience. I would like to do some testing, but from actual play, the specops seem to have the advantage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:26 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

personally, i think the weapons are good right now
the mp5 makes up for the lack of rate of fire with the m16, some people like to spray, some dont, and you cant only have a gun to spray with on 1 team

actually the m16 in this in less accurate then the ak47, which for realisms sake, should be fixed
ive found the ak is actually very accurate, but not half as accurate as the ak74m, if you want accuracy, use that gun, or the m4 sopmod
for some reason i find them to be much more accurate then the ak or even m4

the mac10 is FAR to accurate
this gun should strictly be a suppressive type weapon, like a full auto shotgun
im being killed by this thing from incredibly long ranges with 2-3 shots, which is just terrible

in real life, the m16 and m16a4 has high accuracy, a fast fire rate, low recoil, and decent power
the ak47 isnt as accurate, due to the way the barrel is built, when you fire, the barrel actually bends, and flexes, causing high recoil, and low accuracy
but, the power of the ak47, and the reliability of the weapon make up for this

so in conclusion, i believe the ak47 should have low accuracy, but only take about 2-3 shots to the torso for a kill
and the m16/m4/m16a4 should be highly accurate, but take 4-5 shots to the torso for a kill

the mac10, needs far less accuracy, good god this things a full auto sniper rifle now, and it should take about 4-5 shots to torso for a kill

mp5 is about the same power as the mac10 but far more accurate, but you can always justify the fairness by lessening the mp5's power

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:34 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I agree with making the MAC10 inaccurate. anything at 1100 RPMs is gonna be off by a mile, especially a machine pistol running .45 ACP. and by comparison, the MP5 could be a little less damaging than the MAC, becuase the MP5/40 round is just a wee bit smaller than a .45 round.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:40 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

do remember that such small differences are hard to simulate in games and especially if they wont really show much of a difference that a player can see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:45 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

well, really all that would need to be done is make the SMG's about the same power as pistols
the ak the power of a sniper
and leave the m16/m4/m16a1 the same power they r now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:12 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I just realised how off-topic we're getting...

I'd reccomend opening a topic in gameplay/weapons, as I am also locking this thread due to it's size.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7