All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:07 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Now that I’ve actually been able to play .49 properly I have to say I’m amazed that you can get that kind of graphic fidelity from WolfET engine, the detail is stunning.

The scale change is a good thing, so many games just don’t get that right, most games have you feeling like a midget in a huge oversized world. Some areas there’s maybe a little too much junk around to get hung up on but it’s nice to play something with more realistic sense of scale to the world. Yeah you can get blocked if someone in front of you stops dead in their tracks but that could happen before too.

I still haven’t seen any announcement on other gaming sites about the .49 release, you might want to hit up shacknews and bluesnews, maybe Voodoo Extreme. It might get some more players to give it a try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:59 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

We already are being prometed in Gamespy/IGN network.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:21 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
We already are being prometed in Gamespy/IGN network.

that's how I got here. planet wolfenstein, I salute you.

aldso, a bunch of other sites relating to mods have picked us up, ending a 1.5 year wait seems to do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:03 pm 
Expert
Expert

I don't like that the text is all fuzzy. I can barely read the text really.
At the settings I have now, TC:E looks like a PC port of a low poly Sony PSP game. I had better quality before.
I first wanted to try to play offline, I have no idea on how to run a server or anything, I didn't see a map list or anything, I could barely read the text for the box for the maps list! So I just launched the server and crashed! Haha, meh, not very user friendly , I guess.
And the iron sight sway is pretty ludicrous. I am standing still and when I press the RMB the rifle or pistol sways in various directions even though I am not moving. I tested it, by not moving and just tapping the RMB and each time a different animation would appear, swing the rifle this way or that way like some drunkard. LOL!
The letter box only enhanced my feel that I am playing a PSP, and definitely took me out of the game.
Meh, oh well.
I guess I'll play other games while waiting for a new version of TC:E.

:?

EDIT: Ok, I tried to reset my graphics settings and it looks a little bit better.
But,man, I still can't get used to the letterbox and the iron sight swaying bob animation. It is really a total turn off. I see that they still have not increase mag count in the loadout, which sucks IMHO. Most of the servers I ping always ping in the 180 -190 range, which is very bad for a good experience in a tactical shooter. The graphics improvement, to me, is really underwhelming, as I only notice the dynamic lighting effect (which is sorelyu needed, and I love it), everything else still looks the same to me. Now I know I have a very critical eye, so I don't understand why I'm just not impacted by the graphics improvements. I think ifI'm not crazy I noticed the climbing animations. Players actually move in a way to climb up ladders. Maybe I'm crazy, but seriously, I just don't recall seeing this before.
I like that the map splash page shows the location where the map takes place. In strange, exotice locations in Russia opr Macedonia. That is a nice touch.
Anyway, I appreciate the hard work TT/G6 have done. But I have to admit, I am a little disappointed in the release quality after such a long dev cycle.
Again, I want to say thank, guys. I wish you guys luck, and have decided that I am going to stick around and wait to see what you guys come up with.
One thing, one very important thing....
Please do not lose sight of what makes good, tactical shooters fun, and please be more judicious when adding things like the letterbox which is now, not an option, but forced on the player.
Please, please.....in the future, please take into account suggestions from the community.
Please, guys.
I want so badly for this game to rock and kick ass....I even hope that someday in the near future I may asked to join the Dev team.
There is so much potential in TC:E.
But I feel that the direction and quality and asset management HAS to be reviewed in TT/G6.
Anyway, thanks for reading this.

Good luck, folks.
GG TT/G6 and TC:E community.
Rock on, my peoples. :firing:

Last edited by Death Touch on Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:10 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Its mostly that teaser trailer getitng itself to youtube and google. That vid was lowquality there but Im pretty sure impressed alot of people. (but they didnt know they were getting into a crosshair-less game 8) )

But ofcourse, with TCE being the most popular Total conversion mod for WET which is the number 4 most played FPS game worldwide. This is expected of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:33 am 
High Master
High Master

Yeah, my main problem with letterbox is that it makes text hard to read.

Anyways, the initial drunken swaying is to foil cheaters. In the previous version, you always zoomed in straight ahead with sniper rifles. This allowed people to put a dot on their screen, and have a key bound that would zoom in and fire almost instantaneously, allowing people to use the sniper rifles as railguns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:42 am 
Marksman
Marksman

This is my take on it all...some of it I'm sure is already posted (as I didn't read all six pages) but I think it can bear to be repeated.

What I like:

New graphics - The game looks incredible.
Reworked maps - For the most part. They look great, once again, and some of the new areas and obstacles are a nice touch.
Freeclimb - I like it a lot more than I thought I would. Nice touch.
Realism - I actually have a good amount to say for this.
    Blue arrows - While kind of annoying at times and the cause of many tk's thus far, I think it was a good choice...it will just take a little while for EVERYONE to get used to it.
    Movement - Again, while annoying to some, I find it to be a wise decision in a game that is supposed to lean towards realism. I like that the gun isn't entirely steady while aiming. I like that you aren't entirely silent while in iron sight mode, too.
    Area indicators - Not entirely "realism" related, but helpful. Under the radar it says what area you are in. This way when you get a "contact" or "taking fire" message and it says where your teammate is, you will actually know what it is talking about. I say this is realistic because for example, in real life over radio messages it'd probably be good to say where you are.
Other
    Guns - Some of the new sounds (SIG 552) are sweet and it seems they are all improved. Seems like pistols are a little bit stronger (I find this a good thing) and I've scored quite a few pistol kills...more than on .48 it seems. I don't care that there aren't any new weapons, but for the future I wouldn't mind seeing the weapons on the media > weapons page (the two assult rifles, specifically) included in the game.
    Smoke grenades - We get two of them!

What I hate:

Global voice chat - I miss it. I want it back. Just simply being able to say something to everybody in the server -- yes, no, thanks, woohoo, good game, nice shot, hi, bye, etc -- without having to type out the whole thing (done with 2-3 keystrokes) was nice.
Damage Rating - It doesn't work. This isn't so much of a problem with the version as just a bug. I'm sure it will be fixed...but as it is now it never leaves 0.00.
CTF - I don't hate the idea of CTF, but it doesn't seem to be working. I actually LIKE the idea of CTF, it just doesn't go over well. It is pretty much BC with a “you can do this if you really want to.” With this high degree of difficulty I think having a match END with a flag capture would be a good idea. Or, flag placements could be different, or ROE changed up. Something needs to be done to make it work better.
And finally, Letterbox - I hate it. I absolutely hate it. I've been almost able to ignore it the last few days, but I still hate it. don't fault the devs for putting it in...some people might like it, but I don't. There should be the option to have complete full screen...this is honestly the first game I've ever seen that doesn't give me the ability to have a 4:3 fullscreen display. I only have a 15.5 inch monitor, and with an inch and a half of empty, black space at both the top AND bottom of the screen, it's like I'm playing on a 10 inch. It's extremely annoying.

Overall I'm actually quite pleased with the game. There are some bugs, yes, but I think the good outweighs the bad. I would take everything as is, but with option to have 4:3 fullscreen and be 100% okay with it. The other things are just bugs or annoyances, but not things I can't stand. Hopefully there is a patch out soon to correct some of these bugs that the current version DOES have....and give us the ability to use our full display :D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:53 am 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

The CTF is pretty buggy now, but you have to remember TC used to be pretty much CTF - so the inclusion of the gametype will bring back a lot of old time supporters.

I'm my opinion I think BC is useless. At least CTF has a goal of some sort :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:12 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Yes but spawnkilling and spawncamping is still an issue. Somehow they havent utilized a method to fix that problem. So far the only fix is to manualy plug those no0bs with lead. (Remember, they spawncamp meaning they are only watching exits not thier backs, manage to get out the back way and around them, pump them with lead)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:21 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

i think the headshot damage really needs to be adjusted
i mean i cant stand wasting half a clip on a guys neck area knowing at least ONE of those bullts had to hit his head, then BOOM some how he kills me in 3 shots

also CTF kinda sucks for only 1 reason, campers!
they sit there in the back corner of you spawn, wait a few seconds after you spawn, kill you, take the flag and be off
now if somehow you guys could set up "zones" that would be perfect, like a certain area where the enemy cannot fire their weapons, or cant do any damage
i have seen it in one game, but cant think of what game it was

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:26 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I kinda like that idea. or after a spawn, until the ROE time has passed, they cannot shoot, and there is still an ROE-like timer after, AND thier position is given away on the compass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:11 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

it wrote:
I kinda like that idea. or after a spawn, until the ROE time has passed, they cannot shoot, and there is still an ROE-like timer after, AND thier position is given away on the compass.

well see the problem with that is it would almost encourage spawn camping, right now, if they shoot you before your roe time is up, they die, and i believe lose points?
so thats their punishment, for being losers :)
but, if they cannot shoot, they wont die, wont lose points, and therefore, will continue to spawn camp

now, i believe, if nobody, was capable of firing while inside the spawns, even that team in their own spawn, and everyone was basically invincible in thier spawns, then it would eliminate spawn camping, and give everyone a much more tolerable game

so heres my idea in short term
ill use the terms home team and away team fir the sake of confusion :)
home team, cannot shoot anyone OUTSIDE of their spawn, and away team, cannot shoot anyone that is INSIDE that spawn area
it can't be abused in anyway, and doesnt cause as much stress for the more serious gamers, like myself, i get very angry at times :)

i think i have a great ability with ideas, i need to put that to use somehow lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:02 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

The thing is they wait. They wait nea rthe exits at spawn where by the time you get there the ROE timer is off and they can kill you. Those are known as 13year old scum from CS. I have my idea on stopping this problem in a thread. I think it is in archives.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:04 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

it wrote:
I think something similar to this would solve problems.

Right now the flags super close/inside spawn points, right? So, as is, it's hard to get in there, grab the flag, and get out without getting blasted by those who were freshly killed.

I think a combination of moving the flags (not super far from spawn, but a noticable distance) and making spawn times longer would make the game better. I'm not sure what spawn times are now, but I think if they were in the area of like 15 seconds it would help.

Or as I brought up in my review post...keep things in CTF pretty much as-is, just make a flag capture win you the game instead of just adding a few hardly noticable points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:17 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Maybe if they stay near the spawn areas long enough doesnt matter which aslong as they are camping near either side's spawnarea (prone and still or moving around in circles in the same room) they would simply appear on the compass for all to see for the next 5 rounds.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next