All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: OK THIS SUX
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:57 pm 
Offline
Marksman
Marksman

Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:21 pm
Posts: 3
I D/L .49 twice and never got to play the game because after waiting on files to D/L in TCE so I can play all I get is an error message

(Local files exist with wrong checksum)

(This was a fresh install)


Anybody else have this issue?


Went back to .48 untill this release gets fixed


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:36 pm 
Offline
Marksman
Marksman

Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:55 pm
Posts: 10
some how im guessing its not the 4.9 releases fault, i'd fool around with it if i were you (i know it seems like a waste of time but the answer may be right under your nose...).

try installing it in a different place or something like that, i dunno........

_________________
hate the war.....
love the victory.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:39 pm 
Offline
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:22 pm
Posts: 28
were you connecting to a .49 server?
try updating ounkbuster.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:50 pm 
Offline
Marksman
Marksman

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 1
This happened to me too, .49 wanted to downlad pak3 from every server it connected to.
I had installed it into my existing W:ET directory (after deleting the tcetest folder)

I got it to work by uninstalling and deleting all of my W:ET stuff and all the tcetest stuff, restarting then installing Enemy Territory/ET 2.60 update/TC:E 0.49 and it worked like a champ.

_________________
.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:50 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:38 pm
Posts: 2007
also, you can try re-installing ET, or completely toasting your TC:E folder first.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: THIS WAS FRESH
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:09 pm 
Offline
Marksman
Marksman

Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:21 pm
Posts: 3
This was a freash install, I uninstalled
TCE and the folder and all of its files and then installed .49 which it had to make its own directory in WET.

That didnt work so I uninstalled TEC and WET and all of the folders and files and D/L everything all over and did a complete fresh install and still the same problem, this has to be a .49 issue because .48 works perfectly and I went back to .48 so I could play TCE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:31 pm 
Offline
Marksman
Marksman

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:48 pm
Posts: 14
Uncheck 'get missing files...' in the menu. Also uncheck the other 2 related options for good measure.

_________________
-(LTF).:nugjar:.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Missing Files?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:02 pm 
Offline
Marksman
Marksman

Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:21 pm
Posts: 3
If I uncheck get missing files then how am I going to D/L the map files?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:31 pm 
Offline
Marksman
Marksman

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:48 pm
Posts: 14
I'm relaying that suggestion from this board.

Did that change anything?

_________________
-(LTF).:nugjar:.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:13 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 4573
Location: Canada, ON
Disabling the auto download system prevents any uncompatible files form being downloade and making the problems worst.

I know most of us have our own ways to install the game but i really suggest following the complete procedure provied by TCE.US, that includes updating PB, and configuring settings etc. If the downloads were 100% perfect, and your system is updated with the latest drivers for OGL, and you follow the procedure of installation, then that gives a 99% chance that TCE will work perfectly for you. The other 1% would be - there is something wrong with your system - which isnt the case for many people they just didnt configure things right. (Such things like after installing WET, you must run it atleast once so that you can properly configure default settings before installing TCE - this is ignored most of the time but usualy fixes alot of issues - many people just install WET and then TCE without ever touching WET, lets just say its WET's way of saying you cant play mods without playing classic atleast once)

_________________
Image
Terms of Use||TC:E + W:ET EULA


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Style created by © Matti, gry komputerowe, reklama sem reklama seo

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group