All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:01 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Carbide wrote:
OK I dont think he needs to uninstall WET, I didnt, I just moved the old TCE folder and then did the .49 install, works fine, but I do have one glitch, I can join games with no problems, but if I try to host a game, then I get an error.

If you want to host make sure you have the necessary patch for ET v2.60b, otherwise you can't host a game only join one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:09 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I cant begin to understand what some people think is wrong with the doors? someone explain it to me.

The few bugs I've seen so far are players getting stuck at spawn (Snow spec ops side) people somehow get stuck on the radiator there in a sitting down postion, and in ctf the flag or pack seems to get lost.

As for the maps being to big, maze like & chotic? who really wants to run the gauntlet of a proven choke point, as the maps are now it gives players different places to meet up & plan thier attack, and you have to be on your toes, because you dont know just where the enemy is gonna come from.

As for the weapon sway I really cant tell the difference, maybe because I dont sit & point my gun at a given location, I tend to look around more to make sure no one gets the drop on me.

Oh Guido, I just read your post, thx for the info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:42 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
we can possibly expect 0.49.01.01.01.99.12.15 judging by the initial number of bugs that came up.

exactly... just see 0.49 as an infrastructure that supplies/provide you people with updates/small adjustments/bug fixes...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:40 am 
Marksman
Marksman

fbmderek wrote:
i think we need MORE weapon sway.
i mean some of the guns are just so accurate now, that weapon sway is important.
with weapon sway, the accuracy depends on your skill, but with little sway and high accuracy, skill almost doesnt even matter.

=o

dude there are no easy kills, unless you shoot/stab some 1 in the back =/ . aiming and shooting at the same time is hard as hell already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:12 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

lol, swaying would add to the challenge. But it would just create an even more segregated gap between the good players and the noobs to the point where the noobs won't want to play the game because everyone's better than them...

If you want equilibrium in the game so everyone has a fair advantage upon the others, adding more things, such as sway, to the game would only take away from the composure of the game.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:27 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Much the same thing in AA. Every release they rebalance the weapon sway and recoil sometimes over doing it making it impossible for some to shoot and in other times making so easy that every one can make expert in marksmanship training which means alot more no0b snipers who cant even hit anything in the actual online game. The case here is, the ironsights with completely no crosshair, and the implementation of visible weapon sway in game slike these is still pretty new.

The first FPS games came out nealry a decade ago, not until the first of the military sims came out such as Operation Flashpoint which attempted to keep things as realistic as they can but still be playable. Basically the idea in TCE, AA, CoD, OF, etc etc is still quite new. Plus the fact that many FPS gamers prefer to just run around and shoot like crazy. Some people learn to adapt and play these games, others seeing that it lacks the unrealistic strategies avaiable ingames like Quake and UT such as bunny hopping and run and gun rambo tactics quit, complain, and sometimes cheat in games like these.

Referring to the last statement in the previous paragraph, one of the very first B-military sim shooters was CS, although featuring modern weapons and almost accurate depiction of ballistics, CS still retains the ridiculous Quakish strategies employed since the Quake days. Which explains why it's community is so large. Yet due to the way its community plays, which cheats, exploits, and derogatory name calling and false accusations every now and then (more like all the time), its community is slowly degrading.

Now back on topic. Just because some people think games like TCE and AA use realistic methods of playing, with all that sway and iron sights and the lack of the ability to bunny hop doesnt mean it is a bad game. Earlier I had an arguement with one of those CS people, really pissed me off with their arrogant bunny hopper idealogy of running out in to the open to shoot guns like kids versus the idea of camping as a viable strategy that wins wars. In TCE, run and gun is not a strategy to use. If you try to runand gun the weapon accuracy will be alot worst. Since you need ironsights, your FOV is lower making run and gun harder.

People who complain about not having a crosshair, or the guns swaying too much should just go back to Quake or UT or CS. BTW those things were and are mentioned right before you even thing about downloading anything from AA or TCE... that also means that those who complain cant read the banners.

(no offense to anyone offended - this explosion is uncalled for but should be heard)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:28 am 
Master
Master

I just have a question and I didn’t want to make a new thread for it so I tough this was the right place. Wasn’t tce supposed to be a free game that didn’t require a lot of computer power?

My pc is good enough accept for a small thing I’m going to fix sometime this week. I'm just saying this cuz I find it kind of boring for a lot of people cuz most of the people that played tce 0.48 were people with medium computers and not much money to spend on that kind of thing and that’s why they played tce…

I think 0.49 has a lot of nice graphics and a little bit of gameplay was added but not much compared to the graphics. I find that game developers get caught up in the graphics and forget about the rest… No weapons and just a little of gameplay improvements. I do like 0.49 and I like it a lot, but I think the graphics are becoming something to important in games.

I think 2007 is going to be a twisted year (ps3 is coming out and the new Nintendo). Some people will say I’m stupid, but a lot of smart people "scientists" and other types of men are saying that video games are becoming too real and will maybe create a major social problem and it wouldn’t surprise me at all. Most of the people here are going to laugh or say I’m exaggerating because all of you are gamers even I am but this is no joke.

I know games have age limits, but do you really think there always respected. And did you know that a 30 year old guy killed people because a video game made him aggressive. They don’t show that on the news very much because games are becoming more and more popular and the companies that are making them are making lots of money. Same thing with the car companies in fact car companies own the goverments anyways im gonna stop it here...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:48 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Well, IT CAN run on older hardware, at least on 3-4 years old, but you can't expect it to run on a 6 year old POS, honestly, sure there are players out there that can't buy a cutting edge video card, but a decent GF4 generation card costs less than $50. Graphics DO matter for a lot of potential players, and it also sets higher standards as far as realism and inmersion go, I certianly hope 3rd party mappers can pull off maps as nice sa the official ones.

A person that goes in a murdering rampage because they "got agressive or saw it in a video game", no matter what age they have is just someone with more serious issues, like, when its kids, blaming video games is just an excuse for bad parenting. But I don't wanna go offtopic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:53 am 
Master
Master

Catalyc- wrote:
A person that goes in a murdering rampage because they "got agressive or saw it in a video game", no matter what age they have is just someone with more serious issues, like, when its kids, blaming video games is just an excuse for bad parenting. But I don't wanna go offtopic.

Im talking about social issues also... Did u know that in japan people live in there homes and they dont even need to go out, cuz they work on there computer and they buy food and stuff on the internet... well i find that *i-need-a-broader-vocab* sick, go have sex and get laid or something...

But to go back on topic graphics are taken to serioustly... Gameplay is the most important aspect of course graphics are important but there are limits and i said that because a lot of people dont have the power anymore for 0.49...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:01 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Carbide wrote:
I cant begin to understand what some people think is wrong with the doors? someone explain it to me.

Either they are too thin and the player model has a corner way in or one of the other ~3.14..... bugs found to date :shock:

This player was just running in the door...going "oh noes!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:11 am 
Marksman
Marksman

question i have a lot of maps from 0.48 i downloaded cane i use them also on 0.49????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:46 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

When a player dies their body loses all hitboxes allowing it to fall through other objects. Its an engine thing, simply because hitboxes require computation power from the cpu its best to just remove it when a player dies. The thing is, the game engine is Quake3 where dead bodies get gibbed and fragged.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:11 am 
Marksman
Marksman

umm....

i never got stuck in a door, i just cant get through the damn things :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:12 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

axel wrote:
question i have a lot of maps from 0.48 i downloaded cane i use them also on 0.49????

sorry, but no. .49 re-did the scale, and they won't be usable. though I"m sure they'll re-do the popular ones ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:40 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

you can rescale a bsp using the q3map2 .

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next