All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:32 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

on topic:

playstation has the best controller:
i did a test with a friend, we've played Mortal Kombat on ps2 and xbox,
and i have to say that i could do the combos and tricks way easier than the xbox controller, infact i had bigger chances is succeeding fatality's with a playstation controller,

now as for FPS games, the mouse is definetely owning console controllers,
but FPS are specially made for PC's IMHO, but when it comes to 3rd person games and fighting games and stuff, than console controllers are definetly owning...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:45 am 
High Master
High Master

I respectfully disagree.

The PS2 controller is unergonomic. The left analog stick is in entirely the wrong position. It should be where the d-pad is. Also, it has way too many shoulder buttons.

I much prefer the X-Box Controller S.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:00 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Alot of those arent patches but added content. Like the Battle for Middle Earth addon maps and campaign which comes as a patch but isnt really a patch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:34 am 
Master
Master

Hmm the mouse isn’t the only best thing for shooter games, the Xbox controller is pretty good to when you’re used to it, in fact I’m starting to like it better just with the fact that’s is like shooting with the trigger of a real gun .Oh and by the way people who say that the play station controllers are better are people who cant admit that it sucks, come on its too small and uncomfortable. Anyway i say shooter games = more fun with xbox and arcade maybe with ps2 anyways i hate sony Oh and here's a video of what its like to play shooter games with an xbox controller, but this guy is a god 8) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADv4bYqxxbs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:42 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
on topic:

playstation has the best controller:
i did a test with a friend, we've played Mortal Kombat on ps2 and xbox,
and i have to say that i could do the combos and tricks way easier than the xbox controller, infact i had bigger chances is succeeding fatality's with a playstation controller,

now as for FPS games, the mouse is definetely owning console controllers,
but FPS are specially made for PC's IMHO, but when it comes to 3rd person games and fighting games and stuff, than console controllers are definetly owning...

But you must understand that not everyones hands are meant for a Playstation Controller.

My hands are actually too big for a Playstation controller, so i find lack of comfort when playing with one. But the Xbox controller amazingly fits my hands and I find it a lot easier to use and control.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:00 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

its that asian and western thing.... :?

Although I am asian, my hands are too big for the ps3 controller aswell. My hands can fully wrap around the whole thing I dont even have to use my fingers.

Whats good with the 360 is it doesnt step up in technology too much. We all know what is bad with new technology and those are bugs, tons of them and the PS3 has alot of those.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:50 am 
Master
Master

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADv4bYqxxbs Just check this video out, you’re gonna see what Xbox is all about 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:51 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

1 big difference between the Xbox and PS controller is that the Xbox controller has been tweaked and redone (without changing the basic format) 3 times to become more and more egronomical and comfortable to gamers. The PS controller has been EXACTLY the same since the first Playstation. Basically, the design has been recycled and never even revamped to make it feel better in your hands. The only revamp ever done to the PS controller was the early PS3 "boomerang" controller, and it was obviously a failed concept..... so Sony just backtracked to the 8 or so year old design, removed the best part of it (the force-feedback), and added an unoriginal motion-detection system (which has actually been done both on the PC and PS1).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:48 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Also, regarding the PS3's problems, go to firingsquad.com and there you will find 2 or 3 articles regarding its cons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:03 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

meh, I'm not getting a console if it wonn't run good mario games, so PS3=not on my list. the wii is even borderline.

a ps3 YTMND
one on the controller!
one comparing all 3
more controller action (with 100% more family guy)
bedside suprise! (it's fun for the whole family!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:33 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

it wrote:
meh, I'm not getting a console if it wonn't run good mario games.....

Solution: Get a DS!
I just bought New SMB and Mario vs Donkey Kong 2, and I love em both (plus if you got MvDK2, we could trade custom maps over Wifi :P).
New SMB feels almost EXACTLY the same as old-school Mario, except the jump is higher, and there are different moves you can do (plus the most awesome powerups ever in a Mario game).
MvDK2 is like a Mario version of Lemmings (well, not quite, but close).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:15 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Evil_Muska wrote:
1 big difference between the Xbox and PS controller is that the Xbox controller has been tweaked and redone (without changing the basic format) 3 times to become more and more egronomical and comfortable to gamers. The PS controller has been EXACTLY the same since the first Playstation. Basically, the design has been recycled and never even revamped to make it feel better in your hands. The only revamp ever done to the PS controller was the early PS3 "boomerang" controller, and it was obviously a failed concept..... so Sony just backtracked to the 8 or so year old design, removed the best part of it (the force-feedback), and added an unoriginal motion-detection system (which has actually been done both on the PC and PS1).

they dont wanna change it becayse the 8 year old controller is still owning all the console controllers, and the 360 controller is almost a rip off of the ps controller, the shapes are almost the same...
Silentcrises wrote:
But you must understand that not everyones hands are meant for a Playstation Controller.

My hands are actually too big for a Playstation controller, so i find lack of comfort when playing with one. But the Xbox controller amazingly fits my hands and I find it a lot easier to use and control.

~Silentcrisis

yes you have a point... if you play hack and slash games or fighting games, it can give you cramps after a while, thats because the joysticks allows you to do fast pace counter attacks, the buttons are narrow, so you can do fast combo combinations, so if your playing tekken or mortal kombat for more than 5 hours yes it can give you cramps,

when i play race games i always change the settings, i use L1 for gas, and just use the square button to break, and it makes it a hole lot comfertable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:24 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Just get the consoles, lets see later who ends up with arthritis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:05 am 
Master
Master

By: César A. Berardini - "Cesar"
Oct. 3rd, 2006 1:04 pm

Sony saw its shares drop 2.75 percent this morning after analysts noted that PlayStation 3 units on display at the Tokyo Game Show had to be repeatedly reset due to overheating issues.

"While the reason for this is unknown, we suspect it may be due to overheating as a result of enclosing the units and the high temperatures at the venue," analyst David Gibson of Macquarie Equities wrote. "We are concerned that such a problem has occurred so close to full production and is clearly negative news for the company."

Sony claims there is no problem with the PlayStation 3 hardware and the reason for these overheating probles were cause by the kiosks they were in, which concentrated the heat generated by the units.

"It's not a problem with the PlayStation 3 unit itself," Sony spokeswoman Nanako Kato said. "For a normal player at home, there shouldn't be any problem." <----- LOL peace of SHIT ... I hate sony :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:08 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

OOOO.... I knew those damn cell processors would do that. Come on, do they actually think packing up that many processors and gpus together is gonna keep its cool.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next