All times are UTC

Post subject: "gangsta"style.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:00 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

I would like the idea of holding certain guns sideways and shooting. "certain"guns such as the simpler aiming ones(MAC10,beretta,glock etc). This could increase aiming for the Akimbo-style. but there should be a disadvantage to it. such as more recoil,etc. this also applies for the other guns.And it should also increase the "shaking"feeling while aiming. Sorry if this sounds too "noob-ish",but i don't have much experience in real-life guns or in-game. So,tell me what you think :twisted:

Post subject: Re: "gangsta"style.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:05 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

this mod isnt urban street style..
it doenst fit with this mod's theme, unless they change the mod's theme into urban street style. or you can make your own mod,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:53 am 
High Master
High Master

No, this isn't going to make it in.

It's not something you see outside of Hollywood.

Firing a pistol sideways serves no real purpose other than to make you look like a gangsta. Besides, every single bullet would miss since the sights aren't meant to be used sideways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:08 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Not to mention that shooting sideways is a bad idea in reallife. The guns recoil, depending on how strong your hand and arm is will only go either above the targer or on target. Shooting sideways can cause the bullet to travel to another direction on the horizontal axis which means it could hit someone else. Plus, it is alot harder to hold the recoil side ways because your arm isnt held stiff that way. (for a lack of a better way of explaining)

Urban Combat, another Q3 mod which is rumored to still exist as a WET port may hvae something like that, otherwise, shooting sideways is highly not recommended. People who do hold a gun like that have been watching too much street violence movies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:01 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

If there's one significant thing to this idea is that it made me LOL inside a little bit...

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:43 am 
High Master
High Master

I see no point in this, it is a couple of Spec Ops teams who were taught the right way to shoot. The terrorists are former Spec Ops members called "The Unit". So they wouldn't fire any way other than that. This game is already too far into killing more than getting the obj. So Iw ould rather see steps in the other direction, than steps heading towards promoting killing over winning the game as a team.