All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:05 am 
High Master
High Master

I like all of TC:E .49. Thank you for the free game evil overlords.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:32 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

HoboCoP wrote:
I am perfectly happy with the amount of weapons, I don't see the point of putting in another 30 weapons when only 2 of them will get used by the community anyway! If it were up to me i would cut out the crappy sig, and the ump45 and only have the m5 for a shottie choice, but thats another matter!

i have to disagree with you on that, the more weopons the more depth,
in allot of free games you can only choose 1 weopon and 3 classes, and i can tell you that it will get boring in a while,

the more weopons the better, it allows each player to create their own combat style, some player likes closecombat weopons some player likes long range weopons, more weopons means more different players with different combat styles you can play with online,

Last edited by Dragonathan on Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:35 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

I just want things to go as planned.... new weapons in 0.50, that's all that matters..... oh and Dragon, shouldn't you change your sig from 0.49 to 0.50 now? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:38 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

your right...
but im not sure if there will be a 0.50,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:24 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Dragonathan wrote:
HoboCoP wrote:
I am perfectly happy with the amount of weapons, I don't see the point of putting in another 30 weapons when only 2 of them will get used by the community anyway! If it were up to me i would cut out the crappy sig, and the ump45 and only have the m5 for a shottie choice, but thats another matter!

i have to disagree with you on that, the more weopons the more depth,
in allot of free games you can only choose 1 weopon and 3 classes, and i can tell you that it will get boring in a while,

the more weopons the better, it allows each player to create their own combat style, some player likes closecombat weopons some player likes long range weopons, more weopons means more different players with different combat styles you can play with online,

right on man......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:47 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

You forgot to mention something... the more weapons - the more depth, only when all the weapons have at least something different between each other, in 0.48 (and now in the current build) there are several weapons that are basically the same with different models. Q3TC 1.X had only like 8 weapons or so, and its the game with the best 1 life mission I've played, and 2nd regarding CTF (q3tc 0.45 was better!). I think that what is first needed before more weapons is a proper equipment system that allows mods (adding silencers, LAM's, etc.),

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:36 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

fbmderek wrote:
Dangerdog wrote:
I feel like I'm playing a different version than the rest of you guys, weapon sway? only with the sniper rifle is there sway.

setup_v049_0922.exe is the newest version right? For some reason the menus come up in wide screen mode, everything is sort of shifted to the right.

I play 1280x960 4:5 ratio, which works fine in the game just the UI is screwed up.

I adjusted the following settings in my .cft profile under tcetest.

r_mode "-1"
seta r_customwidth "1280"
seta r_customheight "960"

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/15/truecombatdy8.jpg

Only 4 servers, figured there would be more for this release version.

you need to uninstall ET and TC:E then re-install them and only use patch .49
worked for me, took like 5 mins

OK I dont think he needs to uninstall WET, I didnt, I just moved the old TCE folder and then did the .49 install, works fine, but I do have one glitch, I can join games with no problems, but if I try to host a game, then I get an error.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:57 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Dragonathan wrote:
your right...
but im not sure if there will be a 0.50,

judging by the big ol' bout of happy the devs for after .49, I"m sure they'll make it to atleast .60, if not all the way to 1.0 (all things they want added, and all the maps too)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:11 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

we can possibly expect 0.49.01.01.01.99.12.15 judging by the initial number of bugs that came up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:28 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

I have been looking forward to this update for so long but I am very dissapointed with it...

- The mapping quality (its amazing)
- The graphical updates

Hates:

- Free climbing (its crap, its unecessary, and its buggy)
- The new routes & areas on old maps (the playability is totally shot to s**t... tactics, firefights, & chokepoints have been replaced by rushing, getting lost, & free for all frag fests)
- The lack of new player skins & models (these were being shown off months & months ago so where the hell are they)
- The lack of new weapon models & skins (not even any skins for the old ones? cmon they look so out of place guys)
- The lack of any of the promised scripted mission modes that were even shown off in teaser videos many months back
- Aspects of the new scaling (who the hell decided this is realistic? no normal doorway is that low and narrow)
- The removal of various good features
- The half arsed attempt at adding weapon sway (left, down, left, down, left, down, etc... thats realism?)
- The "we cut features in the interests of time" bulls**t (19 months in the making & time suddenly becomes an issue?)
- The sheer lack of the realism & fun that made 0.48 so great
- The sheer amount of 12 year olds yelling "*I <3 the cawk*", "noob", & "hacker" (piss off & play CS:S with all the other kids)

TCE was one of my favourite games and I played it a hell of a lot (before I got bored waiting for the update) but 0.49 has delivered hardly anything new other than the graphics & a couple of crap novelty features like free climbing & unrealistic weapon sway... The added & altered routes on the old maps have ruined playability & turned what were great maps into unplayable ones where you get rushed from behind by some smg toting idiot yelling "boom headshot" 5 seconds into the round... The new maps are like mazes and playability is non existent because the player is constantly lost... Dont get me wrong, TCE looks greater than ever now (aside from the strange door & ceiling height scaling that looks like it was designed by a very tall & fat person) but its playability is gone... It plays like a bad arcade game which is a shame given that a hell of a lot of work has gone into it & that it looks so damn good... Aside from the multiple steps backwards there is just not enough new things (of any real quality) to make me want to play... 19 months was spent developing features & elements that werent even included in the 0.49 release...

All I can say is that I hope one huge patch comes out & fixes all of the problems with 0.49... Removing all of the new routes from the old maps would be great too as its one of the major problems (its fine for BC but on OBJ it ruins the game)...

Cheers 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:41 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Its being made for free.. sure its far from perfect. But if you dont like it... dont play it ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:48 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

TIK wrote:
Its being made for free.. sure its far from perfect. But if you dont like it... dont play it ..

I just feel very dissapointed since I used to be such a huge TCE fan but now the whole direction & feel of the game seems to have changed for the worse...

Cheers 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:57 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

**Stands on soapbox**

TIK wrote:

Ya it has a few hickups but i agree with the above statement.

I actually like the changes to the old maps. makes things a bit more interesting. and I dont know how you can say tm451 "playability is totally shot to s**t... tactics, firefights, & chokepoints have been replaced by rushing, getting lost, & free for all frag fests"

I have played on these maps. This just means your old tactics don't work so you just simply think of some new one's .. My clan has already stated and i found some great one's too. That free climb also makes setting up sentry point better as well to either Guard the objective , capture the flag, or just frag the hell out of people.

But in the end it comes down to these people make this on thier spare time. They get no money for it and have to listen to a bunch of snotty little children complain about some uttlerly pointless dribble in which i wonder if it isnt just so you can in this case read the crap that comes out of your mouths

**Gets down off soapbox and shakes the hands of the Devs**

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:40 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

i agree with a lot of things tm451 said.

i being a mac user never got to enjoy .48 tho.........

all i know is that this is at least, 4x more fun than regular ET. i hope they work some of the annoying stuff out that takes away from the game play.

the weapon sway is fine, no one can hold a gun directly still. maybe it should be toned down a bit but over all its no big deal. i'd rather have the door ways fixed :roll: .

the weapon selection is a bit low, most the weps feel like the last one (i know a smg is gonna feel similer to the last smg......). another shotty would be nice (for both sides).

well tm451 has some good points.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:23 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

i think we need MORE weapon sway.
i mean some of the guns are just so accurate now, that weapon sway is important.
with weapon sway, the accuracy depends on your skill, but with little sway and high accuracy, skill almost doesnt even matter.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next