All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:02 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

|RR|GuidoTheKillerPimp wrote:
Carbide wrote:
I'ts kinda like a slap in the face to the devs, who spend thier time to create something better for the players.

Slap in who's face? the ones who created .46, .47 or .48? What about them? Look I aim to have a 0.490 server as well just not as easy to explain to those who like to bounce around from one patch to another. I am simply saying in order to play them both .48 and .49 you would have to make two instances of et for this to occur. Whereas the et patches are easy to bounce around on because they are true patches or upgrades. The new .490 shouldn't be considered an upgrade to .48 when it's all new pak.pk3's.

So what would you expect everyone to drive the latest model of car? So they don't upset the car makers? .48 is just fine for some players and just maybe they don't have the system to upgrade to .49 does require more ram when some guys are getting away with the bare minimum as it stands. Are you saying there is no room for .48 that everyone should go to .49? why can't there be both? Sometimes better is what used to be and always whats to come. Ever play any of those rom emulators? what would you say to them?

Well...with this sort of performance upgrade, you'd have to expect this stratification to occur. I mean...it IS a big quality increase we're looking at here. As of now, I'm quite delighted to know that 0.49 does not deny me, but I already find the sunny look of its maps quite detached from the old dark 0.48 style. It might take a while for me to get used to (I'm a pretty dark-loving person), but I'm working on it.

I can predict up to 30% of the people sticking with 0.48 due to this total upgrade. At this rate you can almost call 0.49 as TCE Beta 2, but I digress.

Here are my likes and qualms:
1) Stellar graphics that can beat CSS anytime.
2) More realism
3) Movement sounds
4) Climbing
5) 3 modes clearly cut
6) Good menu remake
7) More sophisticated maps

Qualms:
1) Team arrows gone
2) Less VChats
3) Shooting sounds remain unrealistic
4) No new weapons, but I'm not so bothered by this
5) Not enough wall-climbing opportunities
6) Forced widescreen

Overall, this is a splendidly well done upgrade. I await TT/G6's further additions to this...I'm sure they'll make this a lot better in the future.

- |RR|Fixen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:25 am 
Master
Master

WOW I’m really impressed with 0.49… the only thing that itches me is the widescreen stuff, why no more full screen (if there stills is tell me how PLZ). But except that the game is great, maps rock, graphics rock, gameplay always rocks… now I only got to get a new pc cuz I get minor lags every 2minutes… Well I give 0.49 an 8.9 out of 10 cuz there’s some small things that need improvement and the new guns need to be added… Great work team keep it up, I’m just waiting for the upcoming updates… new guns new maps YUMMY :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:27 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Well, I see your point, I guess the "slap in the face" remark was a bit harsh, I'm mistaken thinking that the people who made .46 .47.48 are the same ones who made .49? correct me if Im wrong.

I guess people who dont like .49 or cant handle it should be able to keep playing .48, as for me personally I cant tell a preformance drop from .48.

You are a good man for giving the players a choice, and anyone who takes the time & money to put up a server, is indeed giving TT/G6 just what they want, a place to showcase what they have made.

***This is a joke ;)*** I'm sure there are some players who are thinking, wow, pong! it doesnt get any better than this. ***again ment to be funny***

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:52 am 
Master
Master

I dont understand how somewone can say that 0.49 sucks unless his computer doesnt handle it well... Finaly truecombat elite is a more tactical game then is was in 0.48... But like i said can u put it back to full screen ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:35 am 
Marksman
Marksman

well you know most people probably are really diggin this V but there to bussy play'n to say. Personaly I welcome more realism a lot of fakness in TC 48 sucked greatly and the graphics ( don't get me started ) I have a pretty good computer and I Geforce 256mb, 1 gig ram etc etc, so I'm used to good G's in my playing time needless to say I'm addicted to TC for the game play I welcome the better graphics I hated turning res up too high on TC48 ( and everything else ) doesn't do the trick for me soo me lovin it! :)

I want more guns

I wish CTF was better ( I love this more the BC in UT2k4 )

can't think of anything else I need to play it saaammoooo.... :|

cya

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:11 am 
Marksman
Marksman

i like it, besides the widescreen crap, and a few graphics bugs, that i actually only only seen in 1 server, i could see the background buildings, through the buildings i was in, which was very distorting to my play
no new guns :( i was really hyped to see some new guns, and i wish for a barret .50 cal in the near future :D
the TK rate is so high now
but i love the realistic damage, now i can own with my glock like i love to do so much :)

oh ya, psg and m76 ROF, WAY too high
havent played much of it though, as i was talking on AIM at the same time when i was playing
which brings to mind
we need ALT+TAB!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:44 am 
High Master
High Master

It seems fantastic overall.

Aside from some of the things already mentioned, I had two issues:

The time at the end of the match isn't nearly enough. I can barely type "GG" before the next map starts to load.

And then, there isn't enough anywhere near enough warmup time. Everyone gets dumped into the game with whatever class they were previously, and with the default weapon of that class. The few times I asked after switching to a new map, not a single person actually was able to choose their class or weapon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:48 am 
Master
Master

Well 0.49 isn’t perfect "yet", but I say that in maybe 2 or 3 months it will be perfection :wink: Oh and i have a question...

Would 512 mb of ram do a big difference with 448mb of ram? because all I need in system requirements is 512 ram everything else is okay cuz I’m tired of being kicked each time the map of the server that I’m on changes because I didn’t have time to load it…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:41 am 
Marksman
Marksman

I LOVE IT!!!

this is now a hot game, before it was good but dated now it's completely wicked! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:38 am 
Master
Master

I hated hated .49 for first 2 hours went to private server with some friends to learn maps and spots and stuff now I love it. Snipers are now easier to get behind big plus. I think that if they hopefully continue working on it will be even better the widescreen/leeterbox buged me in beginning but after few rounds you don't notice. less Vsays is a good thing makes game quieter and more sound based now i can hear footsteps and not some jibblet spamming vsay. Yeah there are few bugs but that is expected. This game is has evolved and some ppl don't like change. All in all the game looks and feels fantastic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:49 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Apart from some minor visual differences the game is pretty much the same as the previous version. Widescreen is ok thus it gets anoying after a while. Sloppy controls and no new sounds. Honestly I really enjoyed the update until I realiced how little has changed. They spent this much time on this update? The HDR lighting isnt the true thing, its a substitute which gives the impression of it. .49 was not worth the wait imo. I get more arroused from Mario Cart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:58 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I suppose after playing HL2 with shiny Dynamic HDR the static HDR of TCE would seem cruddy but its not that big of an issue.

In terms of performance, i have been seeing some odd lag spikes in the first few minutes of each map but after a minute or two everything smooths out and my crappy comp gets a constant 40 fps (better that the FPS in .48).

The 16:9 thing does bug me but i suspect i could very easily get used to it.

I would like to see more populated CTF or R-OBJ servers. I have noticed that CTF is substantially faster than OBJ and even BC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:23 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I suggest going into the settings under view i think and turn off dynamic eye effects to improve performance on lower end machines. Other than that, try to keep things on normal settings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:03 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

i am very surpirsed on how well this works with mac osx.

the only problem i have is that i cant play in full screen or a res higher than 1020*768 , also the fact that W:ET isnt UB (im on a intel mac) i get laggage some times........

umm.... the game play is smokin and the guns kick ass. i want more weps to choose from but the ones i can choose from so far are fine.

keep up the good work, the mac community loves this mod =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:13 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

You shouldnt be surprised, it should work great on nearly every Quake3 compatible system around.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next