All times are UTC




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: 0.49 critical review
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:44 pm 
Offline
Marksman
Marksman
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:17 pm
Posts: 7
Location: Austria
I have to confess, i didn't really play 0.49 yet, but i tried it out,and imho 0.48 was just better.
Things i really dislike:
    The new you-must-use 16:9 crap
    The new ironsight method, it's too unstable for me
    No new weapons, where are they dammit?
    Too less change for the long wait time
    Strange nade handling
Great Things:
    The new maps
    Some minor bugfixes
    Better graphics
    New details

Feel free to discuss!


Last edited by name on Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:25 pm 
Offline
Marksman
Marksman

Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:38 pm
Posts: 13
i hate that u cant say hello or goodbye... :P alot of tkings now when the blue triangle is gone. I dont like the maze looking maps... there is no place for a sniper i can tell. The maps are just a bunch of small passages. /=

and the goodthings are... nice graphics... well thats all :P

i uninstalled it :P i will play 0.48 instead.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:29 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:38 pm
Posts: 2007
I need time to form an opinion personally, but I kept .48 just for a few sniper servers, though I may use it for BC too (or I could stick with r-obj/ctf)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:04 am 
Offline
Expert
Expert

Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:39 pm
Posts: 200
Now for a proper critical analysis/argue with those already here.


I am perfectly happy with the amount of weapons, I don't see the point of putting in another 30 weapons when only 2 of them will get used by the community anyway! If it were up to me i would cut out the crappy sig, and the ump45 and only have the m5 for a shottie choice, but thats another matter!


The bugfixes-perfect. i can shoot like i used to shoot and people fall down and die :)

the pace-a lot better actually, feels more fluent, jumping gliding etc nicely implemented,albeit not quite as fast as .45/1.x

the sway seems to be a bit of a gimmick, apart from the weird thing it does when you move from standing to crouch while in lean,(throws your aim off a LOT!) I dont mind it and can work around it!

The Nades being able to be thrown further is a bit of a strange decision, especially with objective clans taking advantage of this in .48, it will only get more drastic (spawn to spawn nading anyone?)

The 16:9 widescreen is a nice touch, would be good if it was optional, but after a few minutes of play I forget about it and concentrate on the HDR (which is very nice by the way)


my only gripe with the weapons is-the m76/psg1 ROF is hilarious, the .48 generation of railgunners has found their natural progression-the .49 needler.

objective is lovely, maps well balanced with extra routes on nport and village much appreciated!

i havent played bc but what is there to say?

ctf....


could be fantastic.


but due to not_very_wise flag placings in most maps (they are pretty awful on railhouse and unbelievable in precious xmas :| ) combined with 5 second respawn times, and the hilarioous long ROE, and servers of 16v16


people dont WANT to grab the flag, and it turns into BC with bells and ribbons.

however with 5v5, on maps like stradstand (?) which is also fantastic can i say, ctf is really quite fun, and with roe removed and 8 second spawntimes, (better protected spawns?) i really think ctf could be wicked :D

so bring on the very quick next ctf update .490001

ok?

thankyou :D


oh and ps-please dont tell me you are changing back to the cesspit of despair that is .48! if only for the hitbox bugs!


and pps-where is the scoring system in ctf? is there a scoring system? i dont know whether my team wins cause of caps or points!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:18 am 
Offline
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:45 pm
Posts: 30
Location: Southern California
I have a problem with it not really being a patch or update. So once you install the game there's no way of going back to 0.48. So the only work around is to make a second instance of ET and using that as a stand alone TCE 0.490 only. I am sure since there's still alot of guys on 2.55 that will not patch to 2.60 or .0490 I've tried to get players over once with very little success. Unless there's something I'm missing, it seems impossible to patch back to 0.48.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:26 am 
Offline
Marksman
Marksman

Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:38 pm
Posts: 13
HoboCoP wrote:
Now for a proper critical analysis/argue with those already here.


I am perfectly happy with the amount of weapons, I don't see the point of putting in another 30 weapons when only 2 of them will get used by the community anyway! If it were up to me i would cut out the crappy sig, and the ump45 and only have the m5 for a shottie choice, but thats another matter!


The bugfixes-perfect. i can shoot like i used to shoot and people fall down and die :)

the pace-a lot better actually, feels more fluent, jumping gliding etc nicely implemented,albeit not quite as fast as .45/1.x

the sway seems to be a bit of a gimmick, apart from the weird thing it does when you move from standing to crouch while in lean,(throws your aim off a LOT!) I dont mind it and can work around it!

The Nades being able to be thrown further is a bit of a strange decision, especially with objective clans taking advantage of this in .48, it will only get more drastic (spawn to spawn nading anyone?)

The 16:9 widescreen is a nice touch, would be good if it was optional, but after a few minutes of play I forget about it and concentrate on the HDR (which is very nice by the way)


my only gripe with the weapons is-the m76/psg1 ROF is hilarious, the .48 generation of railgunners has found their natural progression-the .49 needler.

objective is lovely, maps well balanced with extra routes on nport and village much appreciated!

i havent played bc but what is there to say?

ctf....


could be fantastic.


but due to not_very_wise flag placings in most maps (they are pretty awful on railhouse and unbelievable in precious xmas :| ) combined with 5 second respawn times, and the hilarioous long ROE, and servers of 16v16


people dont WANT to grab the flag, and it turns into BC with bells and ribbons.

however with 5v5, on maps like stradstand (?) which is also fantastic can i say, ctf is really quite fun, and with roe removed and 8 second spawntimes, (better protected spawns?) i really think ctf could be wicked :D

so bring on the very quick next ctf update .490001

ok?

thankyou :D


oh and ps-please dont tell me you are changing back to the cesspit of despair that is .48! if only for the hitbox bugs!


and pps-where is the scoring system in ctf? is there a scoring system? i dont know whether my team wins cause of caps or points!


ehm? why remove ump and sig? i use them both. The sop mods should be removed then or the SD mac and akimbo. Now those are really useless shit guns. And new guns is always fun so peoples have other choices of guns to play with if they get tired of some gun.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:28 am 
Offline
Marksman
Marksman

Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:38 pm
Posts: 13
|RR|GuidoTheKillerPimp wrote:
I have a problem with it not really being a patch or update. So once you install the game there's no way of going back to 0.48. So the only work around is to make a second instance of ET and using that as a stand alone TCE 0.490 only. I am sure since there's still alot of guys on 2.55 that will not patch to 2.60 or .0490 I've tried to get players over once with very little success. Unless there's something I'm missing, it seems impossible to patch back to 0.48.


not impossible. I did like this: I uninstalled wolfET and TCE. Then i deleted the wolf map to cause your old profile is stil there so when that map is deleted it will work to install it all again. :)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:33 am 
Offline
Expert
Expert

Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:39 pm
Posts: 200
skyfire-i meant in like competative play, if an ak is better than a sig (which it is) noone will ever take a sig over it!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:36 am 
Offline
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:19 pm
Posts: 25
IMO anyone who will go back & play .048 isnt on the road forward, you're stuck in time, .048 will always be just that, where .049 will only get better.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:42 am 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:38 pm
Posts: 2007
then again, there are still people playing .46 too.
along with back-versions of ET too....

I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I just have to kill 30 minutes.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:14 am 
Offline
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:45 pm
Posts: 30
Location: Southern California
skyfire wrote:
|RR|GuidoTheKillerPimp wrote:
I have a problem with it not really being a patch or update. So once you install the game there's no way of going back to 0.48. So the only work around is to make a second instance of ET and using that as a stand alone TCE 0.490 only. I am sure since there's still alot of guys on 2.55 that will not patch to 2.60 or .0490 I've tried to get players over once with very little success. Unless there's something I'm missing, it seems impossible to patch back to 0.48.


not impossible. I did like this: I uninstalled wolfET and TCE. Then i deleted the wolf map to cause your old profile is stil there so when that map is deleted it will work to install it all again. :)

Don't think you understand. As in et 2.55 2.56 and 2.60/b those are patches that I can patch to. So I can play 2.55 or 2.60/b whenever just by selecting the patch now if I want to play tce 0.48 I can't just patch back to it. I believe the pak0-3.pk3's are all new so it would be a completely new game in essence.

Carbide wrote:
IMO anyone who will go back & play .048 isnt on the road forward, you're stuck in time, .048 will always be just that, where .049 will only get better.


Its not me stuck in time it's a crap load of other players that never updated the original ET. There's so many that my 0.48 server is packed 24/7. So I'm not about to let that go. I have 6 servers on 2.55 and only one on 2.60b because of the traffic. If you don't believe me download the ETStarter pro patch selectorand check it out yourself.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:17 am 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 4573
Location: Canada, ON
Graphics are so much better.. although there is that hunkmegs bug which we will try to get a fix for soon. So far, I dont nkow about the rest you but 049 seems to be great. I just am not quite into the whole widescreen idea but I am stuck on it for some reason.

_________________
Image
Terms of Use||TC:E + W:ET EULA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:49 am 
Offline
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:19 pm
Posts: 25
"Its not me stuck in time it's a crap load of other players that never updated the original ET. There's so many that my 0.48 server is packed 24/7. So I'm not about to let that go. I have 6 servers on 2.55 and only one on 2.60b because of the traffic. If you don't believe me download the ETStarter pro patch selector and check it out yourself."


I do not dought what you say, some people do not like things to change, or simply dont know that the grass is greener over there, some people still wonder WTF is a microwave? or a lightbulb? or still write checks at the grocery store rather than use a debit card.

I'ts kinda like a slap in the face to the devs, who spend thier time to create something better for the players.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:39 am 
Offline
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:45 pm
Posts: 30
Location: Southern California
Carbide wrote:
I'ts kinda like a slap in the face to the devs, who spend thier time to create something better for the players.


Slap in who's face? the ones who created .46, .47 or .48? What about them? Look I aim to have a 0.490 server as well just not as easy to explain to those who like to bounce around from one patch to another. I am simply saying in order to play them both .48 and .49 you would have to make two instances of et for this to occur. Whereas the et patches are easy to bounce around on because they are true patches or upgrades. The new .490 shouldn't be considered an upgrade to .48 when it's all new pak.pk3's.

So what would you expect everyone to drive the latest model of car? So they don't upset the car makers? .48 is just fine for some players and just maybe they don't have the system to upgrade to .49 does require more ram when some guys are getting away with the bare minimum as it stands. Are you saying there is no room for .48 that everyone should go to .49? why can't there be both? Sometimes better is what used to be and always whats to come. Ever play any of those rom emulators? what would you say to them?

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:40 am 
Offline
Marksman
Marksman
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:07 am
Posts: 14
not crazy about this build either, controls are supper clunky and unless you use the glitchy game play to your advantage your stuck trying to use fight agianst an unfair advantage.

needs allot of work but at the rate the updates are made I doubt you'll see another this decade.

game looks nice though.

_________________
Stronger Than Satan


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Style created by © Matti, gry komputerowe, reklama sem reklama seo

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group