All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: What other ET mods do you play?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:27 am 
Marksman
Marksman

I really like TCE its awesome but im curious if there are any other good ET mods out there. Anyone know of any good ones?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:44 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

So far TCE and ETF (fortress) are the only two living TCE total conversions with TC being the most popular total coversion and 6th most popular ET mod overall. There arent any else. There was a WWII realism mod called Price of Peace but was cancelled, another WWII realism mod called Wolfenstein Frontlines but is now AWOL. and a Vietnam war themed shooter called Vietnam Ambush which is also AWOL. Then there is the upcoming Duke Nukem and OTC (modern realism) which ar eboth in production.

--------------
Look below! I just did that much AA in 2 days! I never done that before Coop is fun even when you never win! :?

Post subject: Re: What other ET mods do you play?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:16 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

seanathanjones wrote:
What other ET mods do you play?

Erm..... none? 0? I never really play anything but TC:E when it comes to WET mods (I just followed the project from Quake 3, it didn't really matter WHERE it was moving to, just how it was going to improve).

Post subject: Urban terror port
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:16 am 
Marksman
Marksman

I heard something about a port of the quake mod urban terror for ET. Looks to be good. But i can't find any info on how the development is coming. Anyone know anything?

Post subject: Re: Urban terror port
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:18 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

seanathanjones wrote:
I heard something about a port of the quake mod urban terror for ET. Looks to be good. But i can't find any info on how the development is coming. Anyone know anything?

Yeah, Urban Terror was a really popular TC for Quake 3, I believe it even went commercial (If I'm not thinking of something else).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:38 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

AS I USE A LAPTOP PROVIDED MY MY COMPANY I CANOT LITTER IT UP WITH ALOT OF JUNK, UNLIKE MY AW INTHE BASEMENT WHICH HAD JUST ABOUT EVERY MOD I COULD FIND FOR HL, Q3, Q2, CoD, SoF, AND EVEN ROGUE SPEAR. THE LAPTOP A USE I INSTALLED TC:E, ETF, AND I GUESS J-MOD AND WHALE CLIENT FOR WET DONT COUNT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:56 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

THE MOD DATABASE FOR ANYONE WHO WAS BROUGHT TO THIS THREAD LOOKING TO SEE WHAT OTHER THAN MODS ARE OUT THERE, AGAIN TC AND ETF ARE THE ONLY POPULATED SERVERS. ETF HAS 2 I KNOW OF :?

http://games.moddb.com/96/wolfenstein-e ... tory/mods/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:45 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Occasionally I would be populating Wolf Frontlines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:24 pm 
High Master
High Master

I played a just a little bit of ETF.

The problem, though, is that I can't bunnyhop or utilize any of the other advanced movement skills.

The thing is, everyone who plays ETF has played Team Fortress since Quake 1, and you can't even come close to competing unless you can bunnyhop around every map at Mach 1 with your monitor turned off and one hand behind your back.

Plus, there are all sorts of random and arbitrary gentlemen's rules you will be kicked or screamed at for not following. They will not explain them to you either since it's totally unthinkable that someone does not know them.

I tried a little bit of FalckonET/Frontline. It had some severe gameplay issues, and the server browser was broken so you couldn't find the one server with another player on it. Of course, that was a ways back and I have no idea how it is now.

I tried the Vietnam Ambush thing. I don't know if there has been a new release, but they they just swapped in cheesy weapon models and new player models. There was one really weird map too.

The Urban Terror port for ET has been cancelled. There was some talk of making an open source Q3 standalone version, but I think that may have been canned as well. They claim to be doing something with "what they call the MX engine" but I don't pretend to even know what that is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:02 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

well that must be a modified Quake based engine. Expect some new standalone quake3 based freeware and GPL games to come out anytime. Infact for college, university projects when your taking the game dev course, using the Quake3 GPL makes sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:41 am 
Marksman
Marksman

what is otc?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:44 am 
High Master
High Master

I downloaded ETF quite a while ago, and really saw no reason why I wasted the time on it. I personally thought it sucked. Just me though, I'm sure osmeone likes it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:09 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well thats the reason why ETF only has around two servers on at a time. OTC is like TCE but not as well done yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:57 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

seanathanjones wrote:
what is otc?

OTC is yet another tactical realism mod for Wolfenstien Enemy Territory.
No clue what the letters mean, but it's not even in it's beta, so I don't think it really matters as of yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:05 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

ETpub, Jaymod every now and then, when noquarter comes out, that, WT:F, omni/fritz/bobots, and some other random thingies.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next