All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: How to use a knife.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:19 am 
High Master
High Master

http://rapidshare.de/files/25793781/TCE.wmv.html

Post subject: Re: How to use a knife.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:09 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

-ATHF-FryLock wrote:

omg no its u.... knifing in bc is not match :P try to do it like a man in obj like me! here is my knife video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTsx_mlfUUE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:29 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

1) The easiest way to win a frontal knife fight: Slice once, crouch, and make the second fatal slash.

2) Don't be afraid to back up.

3) Make the crouch quick, and get back up just as quickly so your opponent doesn't realize what you did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:01 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

if you could hit them on the head with the stock that would do quite alot of direct damage. tap em on the shoulder them let em see stars. In some situations the knifing animation isnt correct. The knifing in TCE is more of a slash which should only be effective on the next and the exposed area behind the neck. Otherwise, if knifing can kill really quickly from a hit nearly anywhere then the common exploit here is jump and and slash like crazy. Knife fighting is suppose to be stealth and precision but with TCE and most other games its really like a velociraptor running around swish and swash.

The best use for it is when you get a chance to sneak up on someone like a camper. Most of the time frontal knifing isnt a good idea because the opponent still has a twitch's chance of shooting you and killing you. ofcourse if you could throw the knife that would be different because you toss it you run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:23 am 
High Master
High Master

I prefer to come at them from the front. Becuase when you do get them from the front it pisses them off. Also I like your vid better fix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:08 am 
High Master
High Master

Best way to use a knife, leave it in it's sheath. A knife kill is just a person showing off, use your gun, rarely do people run out of ammo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:18 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Guns are for Show, Knives are for Pros. Any bloke can fire a gun. Not every can kill well with a knife.

A knife kill is my subtle way of telling people not to camp...that's all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:27 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

not every camper can be caught that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:09 pm 
High Master
High Master

You can kill people other than campers with a knife. Most noobs panic and spray all over the place when you get close to them and miss you like crazy. There have been plenty of times when I charged a guy who had a mp5 and knifed him from the front. Also whats wrong with a little show?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:59 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

XenoKiLLer wrote:
not every camper can be caught that way.

True...some do learn to watch their backs.

-ATHF-FryLock wrote:
You can kill people other than campers with a knife. Most noobs panic and spray all over the place when you get close to them and miss you like crazy. There have been plenty of times when I charged a guy who had a mp5 and knifed him from the front. Also whats wrong with a little show?

They're so funny...sometimes they do kill you, but they'll stand there amazed for about 3 seconds. It's quite amusing.[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:04 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

What is amusing is that waht frylock said is true. Some people really cant shoot and extre closequarters properly because:

There is no crosshair -they believe that they cannot aim with the iron sights -because of that its harder for them to tkae a good shot.

Solution to situations like that, pull down the sights and point to fire at the location of the target. They are in close quarters aiming precisely isnt that necessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:57 pm 
Expert
Expert

Weapons like the M4 and especially the MP5 have a very, very nice front sight.
I have to use that when in extreme close quarters.
However, one thing that I noticed about R6: RvS that the way they placed the weapons origins, they had the front sight very much to the center, very nicely aligned into your intended target area.
It made it easier to have that visual recognition, or cue to fire by following that front post site, or the ring on the MP5.
IIRC in TC:E while you do have the option to have the weapon placed to you right or more to the center, perhaps it could be investigated to see if there could be a more centered and front post emphasized placement of the weapon. IMHO, this may make it more user friendly and perhaps intuitive to use THAT instead of Ye Olde Tired Crosshair.

I'm not saying that ppl should not use the knife in TC:E, but they should not have to feel like they have to use it because they feel so awkward in CQB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:21 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

CQB shooting isnt hard. Give it sometime, the more you do it the more you get used to it and better at it. Normally pistols and smgs are probably the best for CQB even without ironsights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:28 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

The best way to learn CQB: Play in BC mode. After a while you will lose the self-preservation reflexes because death comes quite easily in there. The trouble about that is you might get too rash if you tumble back into OBJ mode.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:26 am 
AHLALALALALA!
AHLALALALALA!

fixception wrote:
The best way to learn CQB.

Is to play dem_cqb!!!! --->
dem_cqb.pk3

I ll post my thoughts about knife later coz now im very stoned :D :D :D :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next