All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:51 am 
Master
Master

it wrote:
*cough*mario still pwns anything else*cough*

LOLLLL :mrgreen: ... And i hate PS :evil: splinter cell would of existed anyway

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:23 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Nitendo nor Pong wouldnt even exist if PCs were never invented. By that I mean teh ancestors of computers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:51 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Nitendo nor Pong wouldnt even exist if PCs were never invented. By that I mean teh ancestors of computers.

Yes, I get your point, but what I'm saying is the very existence of (at the very least) console gaming was dead until the NES and Super Mario came around. I realize it wouldn't have existed without computers, but the first ever game wasn't played on a computer screen, it was actually designed within a television by a man named Ralph Baer in 1951. Here's proof for those of you who are rolling your eyes right now.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_(first_generation)

So technically the first video game was played on a console (of sorts), not a computer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:24 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

In some general sense, consoles arent much different froma computer and technically consoles are computers with less capabilities since it is only designed to games. And inorder to make the console game a computer was ofcourse needed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:42 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Yes, absolutely.... your point has been made. The PC is the grandfather of gaming, ok....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:18 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

PS3 UNORIGINALITY UPDATE

On IGN's recent "Weekly Episode" (#21), which can be found here:
http://media.games.ign.com/articles/693/693580/vid_1638884.html
they got an exclusive look at the PS3 user interface. Here's a screenie....

Look familiar?..... yeah, it's just a fancier PSP menu..... also if you watch the video, the guy says all you need to do to access the menu from a game is to PRESS THE PS3 BUTTON IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CONTROLLER...... gawd, can't Sony ever think for themselves?

Last edited by Evil_Muska on Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:14 pm 
Master
Master

Evil_Muska wrote:
PS3 UNORIGINALITY UPDATE

On IGN's recent "Weekly Episode" (#21), which can be found here:
http://media.games.ign.com/articles/693/693580/vid_1638884.html
they got an exclusive look at the PS3 user interface. Here's a screenie....

Look familiar?..... yeah, it's just a fancier PSP menu..... also if you watch the video, the guy says all you need to do to access the menu from a game is to PRESS THE PS3 BUTTON IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CONTROLLER...... gawd, can't Sony ever think for themselves.

LOLLLL, personally I hate Sony, Microsoft too cuz bill gates is a control freak, but I got to admit that the xbox360 seams like it’s gonna punch ps3 in the balls… My opinion...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:10 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

(if ps3 even had balls to start with) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:16 pm 
Personally, most companies lack creativity (mostly, in my opinion, Sony and Microsoft at points). The XBox series is beefed up PC parts with some little editions (like larger data channels and such). Plus, menus are almost always the same.

About the earliest video game, yes the earliest one came out on "the box" in 1951, and the earliest PC game was Spacewar in 1962 by Steve Russel based off of his favorite science fiction novels. Theyre both similar-early CRT moniters are the visual display, and they both ran off of "mini computers" (the earlies console games were small computers in boxes with controllers, Spacewar ran off of a mini computer at that time in a college).

Last edited by ZemmurkTrooper on Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:09 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

games those days were just moving pixels based right of something that looks like DOS. Console hardware does have some areas beefed up compared to the PC varieties, but in order for those hardware to have those beefups, they lack certain abilities their PC versions can do. The hardware in consoles are specifically designed to run games and specifc software designed to use those hardware. PC hardware on the other hand are capable of doing either or with no problem (supposing you had the right hardware)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:34 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

ZemmurkTrooper wrote:
Personally, all companies lack creativity.

I have to disagree. Not all game system menus are the same (exept the PSP and PS3 interfaces :roll:). Also, the core hardware has nothing to do with creativity, it's only based upon the technology of the time, it has nothing to do with being creative. Creativity comes within the structure of DESIGN, weather it be the cosmetics of the system, the features, or the games for instance. Nintendo, for example, just oozes creativity (look at the DS and the Wii, 2 game systems unlike any others before them, well the DS is like a revamped Game-and-Watch, but most of us aren't old enough to care anyhow). Sony, on the other hand just copies every good idea it's competitors dish out, such as.....

1. Motion Sensitive controller (Wii)
2. Quick menu shortcut button in center of controller (Xbox360)
3. Linking PSP to PS3 (GBA&GCN, and DS&Wii)
4. Online arcade (Xbox Live Arcade)
5. Future releases of PSP to feature touch-screen (Rumor, DS)

there's prolly more, but I don't remember all of it.
But yeah, SOME game companies lack creativity, but not ALL of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:49 am 
Marksman
Marksman

to be honest i like sony..its not bout being fanboy which im not lol but i like them and could give a shit if they copy i dont care who copys who im paying for it cause i want it not cause they copied it or w/e shit if i had money i would buy both ps3 and 360 but if i had one choice it'll be ps3 mostly cause soon ima be able to afford alot hehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:06 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Let's all look back at Nintendo's great contributions and advancements in handheld technology...

1989 - Original Game Boy with a crappy screen
1996 - Game Boy pocket, with a better screen
1998 - Color screen
2001 - Wide color screen
2003 - Backlit wide color screen

and for the DS, they ran out of ideas, so...

2004 - Two screens!

Yes, I do understand this list is a little unfair. All jokes aside, Nintendo helped bring handheld gaming (and consoles, as well) to where it is today. Without the Game Boy, handhelds would probably not be much.

I found an interesting thing out about the format war. I know it's a really unbiased site (cough) but I've checked it in a few places. (link)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:36 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

PCs can have all those and more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:36 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

if I were to get a handheld gaming device, nintendo ftw. so far, all models are backwards compatable (except gameboy, but it was the beginning) and frankly, some of the games I grew up with are now ported to GBA/DS and I'd love to be able to play them.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next