All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: ammunition and accessory upgrades
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:20 pm 
Master
Master

several weapons can be modified to accept different types of ammunition, the shotgun being the most versatile. e.g. the mp5's standard ammunition is 9mm parabellum/luger, but can be modified to accomodate the more powerful 10mm round. almost all weapons nowadays have barrels specially threaded to fit silencers or flash hiders, silencers being the more popular option. these slow the gasses comin outta the gun and therefore dont make so much of a bang and flash. for example, the M4 SOPMOD can be fitted with a silencer that provides up to 35 decibels of sound elimination, producing pip! when compared to the normal gunshot. subsonic ammo isn't as powerful as normal ammo but doesnt make much of a sound. when fitted with a silencer, the only sound you can hear is the click of the trigger as you pull it. it makes a sound doesnt even sound gunnish. just play tc:e and fire the mp5 first, then fire the mp5sd after that. the sd makes a sound so retarded youd think it was some kinda bug, or stuff. shotguns have shitloads of different ammo, my favourites being 4 gauge magnum, discarding sabot, lead slugs, and flechettes ( YEAH!!! JUST LIKE THE FLAK CANNON IN UT!!! ).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:01 am 
High Master
High Master

4 gauge? You mean a punt gun?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:44 am 
Master
Master

sorry im not american and so do not understand wtf a punt gun is. all i know is that the bigger the shotgun, the less bullets. but with this comes much bigger bullets..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:19 pm 
High Master
High Master

You mentioned 4 gauge being one of your favorites, and the only type of gun in that caliber is a punt gun.

A punt gun is a special type of shotgun that used to be used for commercial hunting. It's more like a small artillery piece than a shotgun, though. They were usually mounted to a boat since they were so large and heavy, and because the recoil was so extreme.

If I remember right, a 4 gauge translates to just a hair under 2 inches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:23 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

This is a punt gun, i think i would rather carry around a rpg :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:29 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Oh my...

Each player in TCE equiped with the gun would also have to have a large reel of string and duct tape in their inventory so it may be stuck to a tree, and fired from 20 meters away. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:00 am 
Master
Master

holy shit looks like an RL(rocket launcher) to me!!!i suppose it is used for hunting bears n fat bastards n such? well if that really is a shotgun, it must be break action - no shotgun like that can be pumped.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and imagine that if you fired in standing, crouching, or even prone, you would get a really big kick in the face, or the barrel slamming your forehead :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: "shotgun snipe"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:14 am 
High Master
High Master

I goofed. A 4 gauge is somewhere around an inch across.

Punt guns were typically used for commercial fowl hunting. That is, taking out damn near a whole flock of birds at a time. Some dangerous game hunters, though, did use 4 gauge rifles to hunt big game in Africa.

Recoil tended not to be as bone breaking as you would think because most of these weapons fired black powder loads, and because they tended to weigh 20-65 pounds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:01 am 
Master
Master

still, beats any shotgun out there :P :P :P :lol: :o

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]