All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:06 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

What part of those screenshots proves that the player was playing on servers around 60-150 which are the normal server pings you would find and that how many people are actually on the server while playing that version of the mod and that if they were even in the same area firing all at the same time. Sure pictures are worth a thousand words but a reliable piece of evidence (which in this case cannot be shown through a picture) is woth a thousand pictures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:11 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
What part of those screenshots proves that the player was playing on servers around 60-150

next version the limits of the amount of players

Quote:
Regarding servers, we would like to inform the community and our great server operators about some changes: Servers will only be able to run a single TC:E Mod (gametype). Once a server is started the gametype can not be changed. TC:E's server policy is to be as transperent as possible to the community offering the best game experience in one of the TC:E mods with reasonable number of players. TC:E 0.49 is limited to 20 clients in Objective mode and 32 clients in the other modes.

source: http://truecombat.com/intro.php

there will be no 60-150 players, are you nuts?
afcourse it would lagg with 60/150 people, you dont even have to make the shells more rounder and it probably gonna lagg anyways with that amount of players on a server,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:15 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

doesnt make a difference. It only takes 3 people all firing at the same time in the same area with shell casings like those, and improved weapon models. Put all that in that same place and you will get lag spikes.

By players count I am not talking about server lag due to the total number of players but the number of players actively shooting in the vicinity of each other.. that will cause lag. So they can lower player count to 6 and once they all meet up and shoot at the same time, they you have it lag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:20 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

jackhole said it doesnt lagg, he tried it, he even took pictures, why would he lie? dont you think thats a bit pointless, to lie about stuff when you're planning to release something you promised to be awesome.

so i believe jackhole.

Last edited by Dragonathan on Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:26 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

we will see once it's player base has gone up and that people from all over the world are playing it. You wont get lagg on LAN and when playing with people on a generaly close by server with low ping. So if everyone is lowping, there less or no lag.

BTW were offtopic this thread was about TCE being standalone not round shell casings and lag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:30 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

To stop the fight(hopefully)...The bullets were rescaled also to true scale of
the weapon. The original shells were over sized and would probably produce more lagg because of the model size. So by rescaling them smaller but
adding more polygon faces to round them out actually lower frame lag
just alittle. :) Now stop!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:32 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Actually model scale never makes a difference in lag. In 3d modelling nomatter how big it is in scale, it makes no difference. What does make a difference is complexity or the number of triangles present in the model. So even if you scale everything down to 1% of the original size it wont make a difference. That is model and texture alltogether.

Now back on topic.

Last edited by XenoKiLLer on Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:32 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

JackHole wrote:
To stop the fight(hopefully)...The bullets were rescaled also to true scale of
the weapon. The original shells were over sized and would probably produce more lagg because of the model size. So by rescaling them smaller but
adding more polygon faces to round them out actually lower frame lag
just alittle. :) Now stop!

yihaa!!!!!!! genius approach, by the way, are you a modder jack? did you made that tcepro?

oh and xeno i think he knows what hes saying, i think jackhole is a modder/programmer/modeler, hes the one with the knowledge mann

Last edited by Dragonathan on Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:33 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Back on topic. otherwise put that comment on the appropriate thread which I know you do know where it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:03 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Actually model scale never makes a difference in lag. In 3d modelling nomatter how big it is in scale, it makes no difference. What does make a difference is complexity or the number of triangles present in the model. So even if you scale everything down to 1% of the original size it wont make a difference. That is model and texture alltogether.

Now back on topic.

I am not trying to get on anyones bad side but you are wrong.
It depends how many faces from vertex to vertex and how fast your
video card can render them. So the size of each face, especially textured,
definately matters.

BUT...back on topic...The game code is open source but Splash Damage
and ID software have not released the engine to be open source. They
are discussing it though but will not release anything soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:01 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I think you didnt understand me right. That is what I said. and the rest of what I said is the scale in size incomparison to the rest of the objects. Scale in not the amount of details/faces but the visual size in comparison to other objects. -im a 3dmodeller when it comes to that topic dont get me wrong. 8) SO basically to get the smoother shell casing you increased the faces (in Quake3 it is counted by triangles) to get that look. Basicaly making the game need more horsepower than it should.

---------

Actually id released the Quake3 engine as GPL not opensource. But, the Games like Quake3 and W:ET which both use the quake3 engine are not GPL even though the engine is because, the GPL license only applies to the unedited and uncompiled engine (or blanks). Any game that uses the same engine will only apply their own EULA and ignore any changes to the license of the engines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:14 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

RAAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!

now I'm the off-topic hulk.

*smashes stuff*

to FINISH and CLOSE the topic:

TC:E is not standalone and cannot as of now. if ET goes under GPL, it can be done standalone, but chances are it will not go this way anyway.

To get to TC:E without going through the ET mods menu, look for the TC:E icon on your desktop (windows) or god knows what (linux)[Linux is next thing for this computer. I'm doing dual-hdd and using linux on the slave, and windows on the master]

question answered, lock?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:29 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Ill tell you one thing, ET will never be GPL because if a game was amde GPL is grants everyone access to using the graphics and sounds used in the game not just the engine and the source code. Idsoftware nor any other company do not want their assets to just be given away like that.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2