All times are UTC

Post subject: Realism suggestions
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:47 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

1. Leg limping if shot in the legs and if you fall off a high object (Dosen't damage health the first time if you fall of an object that's not high up to a point where it would kill you)

2. More realistic one shot one kill ballistics like that of Raven Shield.

3. No dual pistols it's take away realism of being in the boots of a terrorist or Counter-Terrorist.

4. Adding nightvision goggles,flashlights, and laser sights.

Last edited by Noob Saibot on Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:44 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Realism suggestions
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:32 pm 
Master
Master

Noob Saibot wrote:
1. Leg limping if shot in the legs
2. More realistic one shot one kill ballistics.
3. No knife because it's far too complex to make it realistic.
4. No dual pistols it's take away realism of being in the boots of a terrorist or Counter-Terrorist.

I like all your suggestions expect maybe for number 3, why take the knife away… But the rest of your suggestions are good especially limping, which would add much realism to tce.

*1. Leg limping if shot in the legs*
*2. More realistic one shot one kill ballistics.*
*4. No dual pistols it's take away realism of being in the boots of a terrorist or Counter-Terrorist.*

Post subject: Re: Realism suggestions
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:57 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

-Aequitas- wrote:
Noob Saibot wrote:
1. Leg limping if shot in the legs
2. More realistic one shot one kill ballistics.
3. No knife because it's far too complex to make it realistic.
4. No dual pistols it's take away realism of being in the boots of a terrorist or Counter-Terrorist.

I like all your suggestions expect maybe for number 3, why take the knife away… But the rest of your suggestions are good especially limping, which would add much realism to tce.

*1. Leg limping if shot in the legs*
*2. More realistic one shot one kill ballistics.*
*4. No dual pistols it's take away realism of being in the boots of a terrorist or Counter-Terrorist.*

Thanks, since you didn't like the knife suggestion, why not add the knife as a bayonet to rifles and smgs. Btw I updated the first post with new suggestions, thank you for your intrest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:39 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

All good ideas. I don't quite agree with 3 either, but it would make more sense if it was on a rifle as a bayonet.

I don't know if they can implement 6 - I don't really know what the limitations are of this engine, or if it would fit in with the maps we are releasing.

And yay to 5! I don't like the DE much myself - but probably for other reasons... I think in 1st person mode it looks like a duck's head! Hehe!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:55 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Diane wrote:
All good ideas. I don't quite agree with 3 either, but it would make more sense if it was on a rifle as a bayonet.

I don't know if they can implement 6 - I don't really know what the limitations are of this engine, or if it would fit in with the maps we are releasing.

And yay to 5! I don't like the DE much myself - but probably for other reasons... I think in 1st person mode it looks like a duck's head! Hehe!

Laser sights and flashlights are possible because if you can have a muzzle flash then you can have flashlights and laser sights. It's basicly attaching a dynamic light to a model.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:37 am 
Master
Master

The first true combat had a Laser sights, but only for the pistol, witch i think is a good idea. And a bayonet would be a cool feature for tce also, but i heard its not possible because of the engine or it was to complicated or something... Anyways laser sights and bayonet would be tasty...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:24 am 
Master
Master

I already said this on other section but Snipers with triiger finger exposed. Come on no snipers cover their trigger finger pff pfff pff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:08 pm 
High Master
High Master

Lol, I kind of like the first one, thats it. Knock off the rest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:09 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Shiro013 wrote:
Lol, I kind of like the first one, thats it. Knock off the rest.

I won't. I just think True Combat should do a better job of being true to it's name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:16 pm 
High Master
High Master

1. I don't know. It would slow gameplay down significantly.

2. I'm not sure how it works in that game, but I don't think I like it.

3. It's in there as a hold over form Q3TC, and as a humiliation weapon.

4. Meh.

5. Revolvers are too much work to animate.

6. Nightvision has been discussed extensively on the main forums and it isn't practical due to engine issues. Flashlights are out because ET and dynamic lighting don't really get along too well. Lasers... no idea.

I don't like the idea of bayonets. Close combat in TCE is disproportionately difficult due the decrease in FOV while aiming. Bayonets would be very difficult to balance, if they are even possible.

Uncovering the trigger finger is an interesting suggestion. It sounds like something Drago would suggest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:26 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

In closecombat, as in extremely close, aiming isnt really necessary, jsut point to the relative location of the target and fire. Or if you are fast enough, point aim fire drop and repeat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:26 am 
High Master
High Master

I don't like the idea of lasers, it would just mean idiots would be running around using there laser and not the sights. Night vision, it's kind of pointless, theres few maps that would need it.

The Desert Eagle is used about as much as a revolver, SWAT/SO teams do not use them because they are unreliable is combat situations, it's too easy to mess them up.

Limping, I don't see any point again, if you get shot once, your probably gonna bleed out, since theres no medic, you probably will, and one shot would probably put you down anyway, I doubt you'd still be holding your weapon.

One shot one kill, you can do that, use a sniper, unless you bleed, you probably won't die from one shot anyway. And you shouldn't be aiming for the head, "center mass" you ever heard of it?

Duall pistols, pointless to remove, you may get two, but your aim sucks, all your realy getting is twice as much ammo to waste.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:25 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Shiro013 wrote:
I don't like the idea of lasers, it would just mean idiots would be running around using there laser and not the sights. Night vision, it's kind of pointless, theres few maps that would need it.

People have still use iron sights in real life even if they have a laser sight, iron sights and laser sight go hand and hand. I guess nightvision is pointless when so few maps need it.

Shiro013 wrote:
Limping, I don't see any point again, if you get shot once, your probably gonna bleed out, since theres no medic, you probably will, and one shot would probably put you down anyway, I doubt you'd still be holding your weapon.

I didn't put bleeding in my suggestion because bleeding would be too hindering and if there was bleeding the rounds would usually end before the player could bleed to death so it would be a waste to code in.

Shiro013 wrote:
One shot one kill, you can do that, use a sniper, unless you bleed, you probably won't die from one shot anyway. And you shouldn't be aiming for the head, "center mass" you ever heard of it?

What I meant was one shot one kill with most weapons and you can die with one shot in real life if your shot in the torso,head, and neck.

Shiro013 wrote:
Duall pistols, pointless to remove, you may get two, but your aim sucks, all your realy getting is twice as much ammo to waste.

I still think dual pistols are hollywood but I'll let the desert eagle suggestion go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:11 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

oneshot kill depends on exactly where you shoot, how close you shoot and waht did you shoot with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:57 am 
Marksman
Marksman

i think if bleeding is implimented, that you have to hold down the "use" button to patch yourself up, and during that time period be prevented from shooting. I'm not sure if its within the engine capabilities, but thats just my say.