All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Which is hardest to get into?
Army Special Forces (Green Beret's) 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
Navy SEALs 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Air Force Para-commando's 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Army Rangers 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Marines 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject: yet another question
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:02 pm 
High Master
High Master

Ok, I am getting sick and tired of listening ot the whining of some asses on NF, and they don't even know what they are talking about. According to them, this is how hard it is to get into these branches, they are placed in order:

1.Navy SEALs
2.Air Force Para-commando
3.Marines
4,Army SF
5.Army Rangers.

Ok, the Air Force training, is nowhere near as hard as Army SF. SF soldiers are require for parachuting, and even HALO jumping. SEALs are not even comparison worthy.Marines, we sometimes wonder if the training is even harder than the Army 11B. Heres my version, what I think.

1.Army SF
2.SEALs
3.Rangers
4.Air Force para
5. Marines

Remeber, this is an SF battle. Somebody said Marines are an SF branch, I think they are full of sh*t. And therefore, so low in this here, knocked off.

So give me your opinions, and I don't want, well I like Marines, they are top, if you have no clue, don't post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:10 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

I don't really know anything about the military thingies in the states (CAF FTW), but I'll say SF (cuz that was my old clan lol)

If I had to guess, I'd say...

1. SF
2. Rangers
3. SEALs
4. Para-commando
5. Marines

How close am I? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:37 pm 
High Master
High Master

Lol. :lol: Your off by about all 5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:50 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

I SUCK! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:22 pm 
High Master
High Master

Oh, great, I do bad in these situations. umm, smily :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Square of smilies
:D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:57 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Diane wrote:
I SUCK! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Diane! Quiet! They don't need to know.

>_>

<_<

<_>

:D ;)

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:14 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I though you already decided to join the SF Green beret.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:58 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

Come on you people, answer the question! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:14 am 
Master
Master

Any kind of special force is sickening, because you are taught how to kill people in seconds and getting away with it without leaving a trace, people think its okay because it’s the “army”…Its almost like a bunch of legal hitman’s. I don’t care what anyone says, deny as much as you wish but that’s what it is. Oh ya I forgot they take out terrorist, hmmm well I don’t know about you but most people kill for a reason. I don’t think a human would take his life away for nothing, most of these so called “terrorist” have a hard life and are sick of having booms dropped every couple of moths on they homes, oh and having there hole family wiped out (okay ya there are sick people out there but just because the media calls someone a terrorist means he’s a crazy freak killing people for his religion all the time, but yes some are crazy killers). I don’t even know why someone would join those kinds of operatives (no offence if some people here were or will be or are in these Special Forces). It’s not dying for your country; I say it’s dying for the rich companies who sell the weapons and ammunitions to the country. But there isn’t much to do, there will always be wars, I guess its part of are sick nature…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:27 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well thats a wrong depiction and image of the army. Being in the military is not about being a killing machine, being in the army means to serve the people. You are taught to kill just to be able to complete the mission. The SF are trained to kill quickly and without a trace because mission operation's success requires that you are not detected. It all depends on the person being trained in the first place, wether they will use it to protect peace and freedom for the common good or they will use it for the other purpose. Technically any soldier whouses training for the wrong purposes will get punished by military law which will mean certain punishments greater than what a civilian would receive.

In the case of it today... it is kinda like for that reason you mentioned. Soldiers are being used by powerful people to fight their own personal wars taking out thousands of civilians and millions of lives in the process.

----------

Reason why I say these games have importance: These games arent suppose to just depict violence for entertainment, but instead should depict everything wrong about it. -I play these games to put my own aggression towards it and away from others. basically I am very subtle and only aggressive when aggravated.

My answer to the question, I can say that all those roles are hard. Why? Because you are burdened to follow orders. Orders that could be things you do not want to do. Orders that could be against all your beliefs and principles. By taking on that duty to serve you must follow those orders wether you like them or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:32 am 
Master
Master

I dint say anything against war games, just against the real war… Games are a good and a bad thing, but anyways I like to play them :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:57 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

games are good if they are used to show all the wrong things about war to support it. America's Army for one pushes you to win without resorting to direct conflict. Even without gore, it still pleases people because its gameplay is richer than the amount of blood shed in FEAR. There is nothing that can be done about that now. So Shiro13, I hope you are joining the military for a better cause other than the chance of being able to legally fire a gun at people. Think about it first, what is the reason you want to join it? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:22 am 
High Master
High Master

Ok, who voted for the Marines, I'm gonna strangle them and hang them from a spinning fan by there toe nailes. :evil: :evil: Unless it was Diane, your ok, you didn't know better. :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Yes Xeno, I decided to go to the Army and hopefully get into SF, just asking which is hardest to get into. Army SF supposedly is the hardest by the Navy and the Army, Marines, well they are just all stuck up in there little corner, and are not really a SO branch. Air Force para, yes, can be hard to get into, but would be much much easier than Army SF since they are all over, water, air, land, you name it, Army SF can do it, AF Para, is well based off parachuting. And the SEALs, aren't much to compare to Army SF because they are completly different from SF. I still say it's Army SF.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:37 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I was asking you why would you join? Just for a chance to legally kill someone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:27 pm 
Expert
Expert

Army SF is hard to get into because of the qualifications prior to SF training. Your rank and intelligence, analytical skillls are put to the test.
Air Force Para Rescue are like a combination SEAL training with EMT training.
SEAL training is notorious at weeding out those unqualified.
Marine training is rigorous as well, and much longer than all other branches.
Ranger training is difficult, but not impossible.

I would have to say that the top three most difficult to get into and more importantly, STAY in after training is completed would be:
AirForce ParaJumpers (due to the EMT AND Special Operations requirements-long distance swimming, fastroping, parachuting etc)
SEALS (due to the extreme physical and mental discipline-cold, hungry, waterlogged, operaing in extreme temperatures etc)
Army SF (due to the rank you must have achieved and the ability to assimilate information-language, rank, intelligence gathering, target recognition skills, people skills, psychological warfare etc)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next