All times are UTC




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: THE METAL GEAR
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:32 am 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
watch the real METAL GEAR:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVwbUljGs3g :lol:

it does look clumsy, but this shit has some potential,
give it 40 more years, and the sci-fi METAL GEAR might really come to live.

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:50 am 
Offline
High Master
High Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:43 am
Posts: 749
Location: US, SEE THAT UBISOFT! US!!!
Now only if the looked like this
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g110/ ... muduse.jpg
That thing looked crappy, and arms as guns has no purpose. Plus these just look coo, I know what they are, and if you don't, I'm not going to say it, people make fun of me too much for it. :evil:

_________________
Image


Last edited by Shiro013 on Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:53 am 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
you have to keep in mind that who made that robot isnt bill gates, and he doesnt own a company like suzuki or honda,

its very primitive but its about the concept,

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:55 am 
Offline
High Master
High Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:43 am
Posts: 749
Location: US, SEE THAT UBISOFT! US!!!
Lol, I understand they are trying, and maybe someday they can get them to look like that. :D

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:07 am 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
actually im sure somwhere in the year 2040 you will see robots with intelligent legs, like sensors that can detect uneven surfaces, they allready invented that but its still kinda stiff,

look at these video's you see the truth about how innovative japanese people are, but afcourse those who made those robots have some serieus ca$h and allot of support. check those liph movements,

"sony robots.. bet that microsoft cant make this shit"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vwZ5FQE ... ed&search=

the japs made more amazing stuff, but couldnt find it in youtube, you should watch CNN often, you'll sometimes see cool news about the japanese technoloy developments. amazing, the japs are working on a gear that can make you look almost invisable, omg, japs are smart!!

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:43 am 
Offline
Master
Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:04 am
Posts: 298
Location: Québec, Canada
Dragonathan wrote:
actually im sure somwhere in the year 2040 you will see robots with intelligent legs, like sensors that can detect uneven surfaces, they allready invented that but its still kinda stiff,

look at these video's you see the truth about how innovative japanese people are, but afcourse those who made those robots have some serieus ca$h and allot of support. check those liph movements,

"sony robots.. bet that microsoft cant make this shit"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vwZ5FQE ... ed&search=

the japs made more amazing stuff, but couldnt find it in youtube, you should watch CNN often, you'll sometimes see cool news about the japanese technoloy developments. amazing, the japs are working on a gear that can make you look almost invisable, omg, japs are smart!!


Hmm I wonder if robots are such a good idea, were alive so why make robots and why do people waste there time making this stuff. Technology keeps making us lazier...

_________________
Image Oh yeah !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:51 am 
Offline
High Master
High Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:43 am
Posts: 749
Location: US, SEE THAT UBISOFT! US!!!
Yeah, thats pretty amazing, the Japanese are like the guru's of robotics, they have always been obsessed with making them, and have always wanted more of a humanoid robot more than the American mech. Lol, that was really cool, they looked so smooth in there movements. Plus since they are robots, everything can be programmed right down to the precise moment to give it that amazing feel. And to think, someday, people will laugh at us for being amazed at this. :P Oh and btw, that image I posted, is of an MS-06J Zaku II. It's out the Japanese anime, Mobile Suit Gundam. Yes I am obsessed with the show as well. It came out in 1979, which wa sabout the point robotics got really popular in Japan, it's known as one of the premier anime's in Japan, and is one of the best, it also has several add ons through different time lines or through a different unit, "Mobile Suits" are a humanoid war machine basically, which can carry many different types of weapons, my name here, Shiro, came from MS: Gundam, 08th MS team. I'm sorry, I just find this stuff fascinating. :P

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:59 am 
Offline
Master
Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:04 am
Posts: 298
Location: Québec, Canada
hmmm I wonder what’s so interesting about robots, I think it just shows weird humans can be. Why make metallic replicas of a human being. Can’t they just reproduce them selves with a male and female like normal people…? Technology, something that needs to be questioned without a doubt, not everything the human made in the past years was good…

_________________
Image Oh yeah !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:09 am 
Offline
High Master
High Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:43 am
Posts: 749
Location: US, SEE THAT UBISOFT! US!!!
At the moment they are just experimenting to see what they can do, not really a matter of actually doing something, just for entertainment and like I said, testing there limits, plus we want to build things like these because whoever has htim in the war has the advantage, they are intimidating, (the huge ones) and can be quite hard to take down, plus they have more abilities than a normal human or a vehicle, huge robots like these can pick up a weapon like a human, and can carry bigger ones, a tank, is only good for attacking this it's size or relitave to it's size, shooting a human with a tank is worthless, but now, with these, making weapons is simply a matter of upping the size on what we already have, and we can have automatic 120mm assault rifles. So basically what it does is gives us the advantage against others, and the enviornment.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:02 am 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
-Aequitas- wrote:
hmmm I wonder what’s so interesting about robots, I think it just shows weird humans can be. Why make metallic replicas of a human being. Can’t they just reproduce them selves with a male and female like normal people…? Technology, something that needs to be questioned without a doubt, not everything the human made in the past years was good…


you cant expermiment stuff on living humans, it would be against the law,
and i think it would be kinda sick, and what you mean is bio-technology,
and bio-technology gives me the creeps, just think of resident evil :P

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:19 am 
Offline
High Master
High Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:43 am
Posts: 749
Location: US, SEE THAT UBISOFT! US!!!
What do you mean bio-technology, where did you get that from? :? Yes it is a term but from where in this thread was that mentioned or a miss conception of it? :? :?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:38 am 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
-Aequitas- wrote:
Can’t they just reproduce them selves with a male and female like normal people…?


what -Aequitas- ment whas bio-technology

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:51 am 
Offline
High Master
High Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:43 am
Posts: 749
Location: US, SEE THAT UBISOFT! US!!!
Well ok, but bio technology is more like bionics, attaching robotic parts to a human, creating a human-like robot would be a humanoid robot. As for extreme, to where the robot has movement and limitations, and looks like a human, has fingers, toes, nose, eyes, ears, skin, all that stuff, is a cyborg. I know it sounds awfully hoaky, always has, but it didn't the day it came out, people have just made to many terms out of it, but it is the term for that.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:14 am 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 4573
Location: Canada, ON
thats cybornetics. Biotech actually has more to do with research and medical development rather than making super enhanced humans which again reminds me of how stupid of a movie Universal Soldier is and all its sequels.

_________________
Image
Terms of Use||TC:E + W:ET EULA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:16 am 
Offline
Master
Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:04 am
Posts: 298
Location: Québec, Canada
Dragonathan wrote:
-Aequitas- wrote:
hmmm I wonder what’s so interesting about robots, I think it just shows weird humans can be. Why make metallic replicas of a human being. Can’t they just reproduce them selves with a male and female like normal people…? Technology, something that needs to be questioned without a doubt, not everything the human made in the past years was good…


you cant expermiment stuff on living humans, it would be against the law,
and i think it would be kinda sick, and what you mean is bio-technology,
and bio-technology gives me the creeps, just think of resident evil :P


What the hell... oka you got me wrong, really wrong... Thats not even what im talking about, anyways i guess its just to simple to understand that technology is making us lazier... Bio technology I didn’t even talk about that. What I meant was, why make robots (to replace humans or something) it’s a waste of time.

_________________
Image Oh yeah !


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Style created by © Matti, gry komputerowe, reklama sem reklama seo

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group