TrueCombat
http://www.truecombatelite.com/forums/

CQB system requirements
http://www.truecombatelite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=2200
Page 1 of 1

Author:  varsovie [ Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:15 pm ]
Post subject:  CQB system requirements

Below current TC:E System Requirements:
Quote:
1. OS - Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000 or XP
2. CPU -Pentium III 600 Mhz processor or equivalent
3. RAM - 128 MB RAM
4. GPU - 32 MB OpenGL compliant 3D video card DirectX 8.1
5. HDD - 750 MB free hard disk space. (200 MB for ET and 500 MB for TC:E)
6. 56.6k modem ... network
Does coming CQB will set higher system requirements ?

Follow Coroner statement
Quote:
Visual updates (similar to Cod4 without pixel shaders) are on the list
The most important thing is - Does CQB will require Shader Model 3.0 or not ?

Author:  RedRuM [ Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:01 am ]
Post subject: 

dude it reads right there.... I dont seriously understand what is the point and where did you get this question (i mean thats so obvious. Some times there is some games where some things are stated little unclear.)
. C'mon you said you have been working on xreal and you dont understand that :?

Besides isnt shader model 2.1 highest open gl supports ? X real haves 2.1 shaders so many other open gl games.

Visuals might mean EVERYTHING you see (graphicall) such as model quality, color palette, effects, model style.

Its the goverment i supose :shock:

YAY long live the edit.

Well i think it requires more hdd space, video memory, memory, processor, everything. But not fancy stuffs like pixel shaders, dual cores or gpus.

Author:  Alpha Red [ Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

RedRuM wrote:
dude it reads right there.... I dont seriously understand what is the point and where did you get this question (i mean thats so obvious. Some times there is some games where some things are stated little unclear.)
. C'mon you said you have been working on xreal and you dont understand that :?

Besides isnt shader model 2.1 highest open gl supports ? X real haves 2.1 shaders so many other open gl games.

Visuals might mean EVERYTHING you see (graphicall) such as model quality, color palette, effects, model style.

Its the goverment i supose :shock:

YAY long live the edit.

Well i think it requires more hdd space, video memory, memory, processor, everything. But not fancy stuffs like pixel shaders, dual cores or gpus.

Xreal requires shader model of atleast 3. Most games nowadays have either 3 or 4.

Author:  RedRuM [ Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

Alpha Red wrote:
RedRuM wrote:
dude it reads right there.... I dont seriously understand what is the point and where did you get this question (i mean thats so obvious. Some times there is some games where some things are stated little unclear.)
. C'mon you said you have been working on xreal and you dont understand that :?

Besides isnt shader model 2.1 highest open gl supports ? X real haves 2.1 shaders so many other open gl games.

Visuals might mean EVERYTHING you see (graphicall) such as model quality, color palette, effects, model style.

Its the goverment i supose :shock:

YAY long live the edit.

Well i think it requires more hdd space, video memory, memory, processor, everything. But not fancy stuffs like pixel shaders, dual cores or gpus.

Xreal requires shader model of atleast 3. Most games nowadays have either 3 or 4.


Since when :shock: ?

Author:  Alpha Red [ Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

OpenGL 2.0 (approx Q3 2004).

Author:  RedRuM [ Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

Alpha Red wrote:
OpenGL 2.0 (approx Q3 2004).

Funny i always though open gl 2.0 is same as pixel shadering 2 :lol:

Author:  varsovie [ Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:49 pm ]
Post subject: 

As W:ET source code from 2010-08-13 is under GPL license,
it can be good chance to see in CQB little more than obsolete W:ET render offers.

Making small tuned W:ET runtime (keep GPL)
+
CQB mod (Closed source as before).

I wish coming CQB all the best ... but
will be hard to bring new players in 2010 leaving obsolete render engine not improved during years :evil:

Author:  RedRuM [ Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:43 pm ]
Post subject: 

varsovie wrote:
As W:ET source code from 2010-08-13 is under GPL license,
it can be good chance to see in CQB little more than obsolete W:ET render offers.

Making small tuned W:ET runtime (keep GPL)
+
CQB mod (Closed source as before).

I wish coming CQB all the best ... but
will be hard to bring new players in 2010 leaving obsolete render engine not improved during years :evil:


Lol dude how many realy knows what the render is and actualy cares about it on battlefield or cod :P

They want pixel shaders (or as they say. Shiny stuff) and hdr.

They dont know about better. For gameplay they wish "everything like cod"

Sad part is that CQB is trying to copy some stuff from cod 4 but one thing im happy is that it still triest to remain as close to elite and tc quake 3 mod as it can with all player magnet features from cod. Also because coroner is interested about g_realism shows that he is willing to please original fans :D i care a shit about graphics. Especialy render. Still its always interesting to see how much coroner can squeeze id tech 3 over its limits. And i dont want that that fun still ends. (example for me it looks like in test run the guns skin is far more sensetive about the lighting which makes it look signifigantly darker than normaly. Dunno is it just me who sees it).

Author:  Damien [ Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:46 am ]
Post subject: 

varsovie wrote:
Making small tuned W:ET runtime (keep GPL)
+
CQB mod (Closed source as before).

+
Lose PB support.

Author:  merlin1991 [ Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:57 am ]
Post subject: 

Damien wrote:
varsovie wrote:
Making small tuned W:ET runtime (keep GPL)
+
CQB mod (Closed source as before).

+
Lose PB support.

+ violate license, see:
et sdk license section 3 (permitted uses) wrote:
So long as this Agreement accompanies each copy you make of the Software, and so long as you fully comply, at all times, with this Agreement, ID grants to you the non-exclusive and limited right to distribute copies of the Software free of charge for non-commercial purposes by electronic means only and the non-exclusive and limited right to use the Software to create your own modifications (the “New Creations”) for operation only with the full version of the software game WOLFENSTEIN™: ENEMY TERRITORY™; provided, however, you shall not make any New Creations unless and until you have agreed to be bound by the terms of this Agreement and of the LIMITED USE SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT which accompanies the full version of WOLFENSTEIN™: ENEMY TERRITORY™.

So either w:et + closed source cqb, or gpl all the way.
And don't tell me "but urt does it that way", sure they do, but it is a violation of the sdk license and the gpl license on ioquake.

btw we're getting pretty off topic here and should discuss this here --> http://www.truecombatelite.com/forums/v ... php?t=2172

Author:  ]Wo0[ [ Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: CQB system requirements

Dont begin to go offtopic again and again, or threads will be closed.
varsovie wrote:
Below current TC:E System Requirements:
Quote:
1. OS - Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000 or XP
2. CPU -Pentium III 600 Mhz processor or equivalent
3. RAM - 128 MB RAM
4. GPU - 32 MB OpenGL compliant 3D video card DirectX 8.1
5. HDD - 750 MB free hard disk space. (200 MB for ET and 500 MB for TC:E)
6. 56.6k modem ... network
Does coming CQB will set higher system requirements ?

Follow Coroner statement
Quote:
Visual updates (similar to Cod4 without pixel shaders) are on the list

Sure it will request more, any decent computer might run CQB.
About shader model 3 u answer yourself with coroner's quote ...

Author:  adrianmoreno [ Wed May 21, 2014 1:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: CQB system requirements

]Wo0[ wrote:
Dont begin to go offtopic again and again, or threads will be closed.
varsovie wrote:
Below current TC:E System Requirements:
Quote:
1. OS - Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000 or XP
2. CPU -Pentium III 600 Mhz processor or equivalent
3. RAM - 128 MB RAM
4. GPU - 32 MB OpenGL compliant 3D video card DirectX 8.1
5. HDD - 750 MB free hard disk space. (200 MB for ET and 500 MB for TC:E)
6. 56.6k modem ... network
Does coming CQB will set higher system requirements ?

Follow Coroner statement
Quote:
Visual updates (similar to Cod4 without pixel shaders) are on the list

Sure it will request more, any decent computer might run CQB.
About shader model 3 u answer yourself with coroner's quote ...


Iplay with a netbook...
play with intel atom 1.66GHz
2Gb ram
Win 7 pro
Intel Gma 3150....

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/