After the LAN party, I got side tracked a bit and played around with a cel shaded (toon) version of QCB with actually fantastic visual results. The aged edgy player models and anims as well as the missing pixel shaders somehow cry out for toonish visuals when compared to up-to-date engines and make the whole combo really look like it was exactly meant to be like this.
Personally I think that would be very cool, and though some would probably have a melt-down, I think it would be great for the CQB mod project in every
· it will open up everyone's expecatations as far as what CQB 'is
· give you more powerful tools to tweak game play
· give some old maps and otherwise useless art assets new life
· creates a total reset as far TC's prospective audience
· give you a chance to follow your heart and be more creative
You haven't promised anyone anything, in fact you've been very careful to do just the opposite -- the only
onus with respect to TC is everyone should be showing you more respect and appreciation.
If doing cs/toon style art on this project is the road to more development enthusaism for you, for the love of everything good in gaming and your sanity; take that road and don't look back!
Edit: How about an 'unofficial leaked
' screen shot of what this actually looks like on CQB?