1. General information
The minimum system requirements on the developers homepage are very low for TC:Elite 0.49b. So i made a few tests with a large amount of older hardware. The following hardware is required to play 0.49b with the standard settings:
Minimum system requirements:
PC/Mac with 800 MHz CPU (Windows, MacOS or Linux)
392 MB of RAM (not less if possible!)
750 MB of hard disk space
Video Adapter (not built in, if possible!) with 64 MB of video RAM and at least a 230 MHz GPU
Keyboard and Mouse or compatible pointing device
Recommended system requirements:
There's not really a need to list „Recommended system requirements“, because in each case counts: Better hardware means a better gameplay.
Keep your OS and all hardware drivers up to date
Clean and defrag your harddisk once a month
Protect your system from dust and other dirt to avoid overheating
Keep your System free from viruses, adware and spyware (Tools section!)
2. What files do i need?
Wolfenstein : Enemy Territory v2.55 (Full ET) Windows
Wolfenstein : Enemy Territory Patch (v2.60) Windows
TC:Elite 0.49 Full Version Windows
TC:Elite 0.49b Update Generic
3. How to setup TrueCombat:Elite?
1. Download the files above.
2. Make sure that your OS and hardware drivers are up to date.
3. Install W:ET Full 2.55 and then the patch to 2.60.
4. Start W:ET by clicking the desktop shortcut.
5. Complete the first screen (Playername etc...) and enable Punkbuster! Then "Create" this new profile.
6. Restart W:ET, maybe join an Enemy Territory server, stay connected or play a few minutes and then quit ET.
7. Install TC:Elite 0.49.
8. Update to 0.49b. Extract the file to "Programs/Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory/tcetest". Overwrite existing files: "yes"!
9. Start TC:Elite, click the "Profile" tab and apply the existing profile as default.
10. Now click the "Options" tab and change the video settings and the other Stuff like you prefer. Apply the changes and restart TC:E. Done!
Any problems? Please view the FAQ section!
4. How can i connect to TC:Elite servers?
It's possible to search and connect to TC:Elite servers by using the internal server browser or external server browsers like The All Seeing Eye (ASE) or Qtracker.
-------thank you Rafty and for more help visit