All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Lock-up problem!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:48 am 
Marksman
Marksman

On fresh install I can play 2 or 3 games no prob, sometimes longer. But if I log out and try to play again game locks up after 5 to 20 seconds.the only fix is to uninstall Wolfenstein and TC:E, restart comp. and then reinstall. I've tried wiping hard drive and reinstalling all programs with fresh drivers, but did not help. Anyone have a clue to my problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:25 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Unfortunately this is the first time we encountered this problem. Possiblities are that something maybe wrong with your hardware when stressed with resource consuming software like games.

Post your sytem specs with complete details. DXDiag files would be better. If you dont know how to get the dxdiag file... Go to start, run, then type dxdiag, and press okay. When the screen pops out, wait for the loading bar to fill then click on the display tab, you will see two buttons called "test direct draw" and "test direct 3d" and follow the instructions during the testing. Once its done, click on "Save all information" at the bottom of the window then save it as a textfile. Copy the contents of that txt file and post it here.

-XenoKiLLer-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:28 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

I was just reading Vaskania's post and I have the same damn vid card :x. This is the biggest card that fits in my computer. so I can't really up grade the problem away. I'm trying to attach my dxdiag report but don't know how. Tried to cut & paste But it didn't work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:35 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

try a free web hosting website and upload it there and link it to here. or you can just email it to me with the links below.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:20 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Okay. now that ive seen your dxdiag, it seems fine. You mentioned you reboot and reinstalled WET and TCE? Explain to me what happens during and after the lock up. Was there a beep from the computer? Did you see the BSoD (blue screen)?

There are only two possible explainations, since you reinstalled WET and TCE anyway these are the possiblities;

Your OS has somehow been corrupted by spyware or a virus. (even a complete format isnt sufficient you have to make sure you dont have any memory resisdent worms - they stay in your ram so even a format cant get rid of them - solution would be to remove the HDD and ram after formatting for 2 days or so to make sure they ar completely without power and electricity to erase the worm)

The second is that something may be wrong with your hardware but I wont know unless you give me details if the same things happen on other games.

----------------

You need to test if the same things happen when you play WET without the TCE mod. Give it a try and see if the same thing happens. Then if you have anyother games, preferable ones that use OpenGL like Quake3 or other OpenGL games. I also need to know if this has happened when using other multimedia software.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:55 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

It locks up video only, game is still playing in background I can hear myself shoot and run. Its only a problem with Wolfenstein ET & TC:E other games work fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:46 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

It must be your OpenGL drivers. What is the specific make and model of your video card? Well if you take into consideration who built your card. Im refering to the assembler and distributor of the pakaged video card not the chipset. What you can do is contact the company (not ATi but the third party company that mad ethe card unless the card itself directly came from ATi). That must have something to do with the card having some problems. You could just buy a new card or test it with someone else's card to see and ceck if it really is your card. judging by all the facts we have gathered, it cant be software it must be hardware.

I mean if other games work fine and most games use DirectX, and after all that install adn uninstallation plus the reformat doesnt fix it, it mush be hardware. It is probably your card may not be working correctly when it is using OpenGL drivers (which are the only option available for rendering WET and TCE.) Your best choice now is to either upgrade, replace, but contact the manufacturer first.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]