All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:08 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Hmm... I'm still suspicious though. Seeing that you have many IP's, like another member in this forum, and have made alternate accounts in the past actually fuels my suspicion more than anything.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:55 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

btw, another possible way to fixing this problem is completely replacing all the character models, but I dont think that would be worth all the trouble if they could just concentrate on getting more features in. If anyone would want to volunterr to try and make game models for the characters with the arms predesigned to be higher that might work since they are only either in ready, in sights, in nade throw, or in reload.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:25 am 
Expert
Expert

Ok, well Xeno I understand about replacement models, and positioning them in different default postures. So I gather then that essentially the player character's body position cannot be changed.
But the fact that you bring up that the player models can be replaced is good news, I think.
I am not so sure I agree that replacing the models should take a back seat though.
Part of the reason I feel is that I think TC:E suffers a little bit from sub par player models. And ,well, for ME at least, it doesn't matter too much to me WHAT features are added if the charcater models look horrific.
I just can't stand it.

To Silentcrisis,

With all due respect, your seeming suspicion and possible paranoia is disconcerting. Whatever your personal beef is with Dragonathan, please keep me out of it.
And, with all due respect, because you're a Moderator (which I highly disagree that you should be one, but that's just my opinion) doesn't mean that you can criticize flippantly my posting grammar,punctuation, and sentence style. I mean, what are you a moderator or a speech therapist? Is this a forum or an ideology cult?
No offense, but if I haven't broken any forum rules so please get off my back, dude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:39 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

ouch...

on topic:

the devs havent even change the model's skin yet, they are still using 0.48's model skins on version 0.49 :shock: , so i dont think they are gonna replace the models, but just because i brought this idea, doesnt mean its a request, its more a concept thing you know, but maybe.. in the future the devs might consider to change/replace the body positions, so thats why i disagree you guys removing threads, even if its old.

but death toch made a very very good point:
Death Touch wrote:
it doesn't matter too much to me WHAT features are added if the charcater models look horrific.
I just can't stand it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:10 am 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

Offtopic (and in a smaller font to please Dragon lol)

Death Touch! So nice to see you made your way over here finally!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:25 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

I'm sorry Death Touch.

If you want to know my beef with Dragon, you can come up with it yourself. Just know that it was enough to cause my suspicion.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:09 am 
High Master
High Master

Off topic as well, small to please Dragon's taste

Well Silent is the moderator, so that gives him the right to talk to you how he wants, although eh should comply to a set of rules, as to not threaten you, but what he said was only criticism in a bold manner, so it's like a Drill Sergeant yelling at you, just because you did it wrong, do not take him yelling at you as a personal threat, but a way to teach you. But yes, who cares how people type, but it is a public forum, and you came here after he did, so he can say what he wants to you, and you can say what you want to him, try to keep the cussing down.

On topic

Yes Dragon this is a good idea, maybe .50 can see something of this nature, I would personally like to see this to make the True, in True comabt Elite a litle more true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:15 pm 
Expert
Expert

First and last Off Topic post about this, trust me:

Quote:
Well Silent is the moderator, so that gives him the right to talk to you how he wants, although eh should comply to a set of rules, as to not threaten you, but what he said was only criticism in a bold manner, so it's like a Drill Sergeant yelling at you, just because you did it wrong, do not take him yelling at you as a personal threat, but a way to teach you. But yes, who cares how people type, but it is a public forum, and you came here after he did, so he can say what he wants to you, and you can say what you want to him, try to keep the cussing down.

Ok, Diane, Trauma, Xeno and forum members, and especially to YOU , Shiro:.

First off, even though I have a low post count here does not mean I haven't been reading this forum since it started, nor does it equate to me being new to Q3TC or TC:E.

I am glad that Diane is happy that I came over here to participate, I appreciate the welcome, sincerely thank you.
I hold Diane and TH in very high regard, and would love to be able to participate in their forum here.

But for anyone to think that a Moderator "has the RIGHT to talk to me how he WANTS" is beyond ludicrous.

Because I "came after he did" does not mean ****.
None whatsoever.
It does not give him any rights over me.
This is the truth, wether you like it or not. Can he/she enforce rules of a forum if they are broken? Of course, and I agree to it wholeheartedly. But there has to be a line drawn at overmoderating.
I broke no rules, stated my post with proper grammar, sentence structure, and punctuation. It was easy to read and flamed no one, nor was it offensive or off color in any way.
So please tell me what I "did wrong"? And why I need correcting?

If this is how this forum is going to be, then unfortunately for me I am off to a bad start and am not too keen on particpating here any longer.

For a Mod to make it his personal mission to be antagonistic to another forum member, and for forum members think that it is "ok", is very scary indeed. I don't know in what world I live in.
I purposely decided to come here so as to AVOID any flaming and irrational behavior from loopy forum members and (sorry Diane) seemingly somewhat disinterested Forum Mods at TC:E.com.

So that being said, I sincerely, and I mean sincerely hope that people here can get their heads screwed on straight and become a little more objective and hospitable. It is so nice when people can talk comfortably with each other despite differences of an opinion. I mean really, it is nice to be in a friendly atmosphere. This is all ultimately about a game. Simple. It's a game that we enjoy. But about a game nonetheless.
Please, friends, think about this..........
Thanks.
Finally, thank you for your apology Silentcrisis. Apology accepted. No grudges between you and me.
End of OT post.

EDIT: I sincerely want to be here. I don't want to start nor participate in any negative behavior. Please understand me. There's no anger intended in my post, but I am passionate about fairness, and justice.
And as Diane often offers: "Group Hug??"
...anyone?
Lol! See you on the forums, friends.

Last edited by Death Touch on Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:26 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

<3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:12 am 
Expert
Expert

Diane wrote:
<3

omg!!111 diane + deth tuch BFF! omg rofl!!11

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:32 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well dragon, I believe that is the fastest way to fix the issue. Not really that easy to do but easier and has more probability of being possible to do than reintegrating MD4 or anything else I mentioned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:03 pm 
High Master
High Master

Death Touch wrote:
First and last Off Topic post about this, trust me:

Quote:

Ok, Diane, Trauma, Xeno and forum members, and especially to YOU , Shiro:.

First off, even though I have a low post count here does not mean I haven't been reading this forum since it started, nor does it equate to me being new to Q3TC or TC:E.

I am glad that Diane is happy that I came over here to participate, I appreciate the welcome, sincerely thank you.
I hold Diane and TH in very high regard, and would love to be able to participate in their forum here.

But for anyone to think that a Moderator "has the RIGHT to talk to me how he WANTS" is beyond ludicrous.

Because I "came after he did" does not mean ****.
None whatsoever.
It does not give him any rights over me.
This is the truth, wether you like it or not. Can he/she enforce rules of a forum if they are broken? Of course, and I agree to it wholeheartedly. But there has to be a line drawn at overmoderating.
I broke no rules, stated my post with proper grammar, sentence structure, and punctuation. It was easy to read and flamed no one, nor was it offensive or off color in any way.
So please tell me what I "did wrong"? And why I need correcting?

If this is how this forum is going to be, then unfortunately for me I am off to a bad start and am not too keen on particpating here any longer.

For a Mod to make it his personal mission to be antagonistic to another forum member, and for forum members think that it is "ok", is very scary indeed. I don't know in what world I live in.
I purposely decided to come here so as to AVOID any flaming and irrational behavior from loopy forum members and (sorry Diane) seemingly somewhat disinterested Forum Mods at TC:E.com.

So that being said, I sincerely, and I mean sincerely hope that people here can get their heads screwed on straight and become a little more objective and hospitable. It is so nice when people can talk comfortably with each other despite differences of an opinion. I mean really, it is nice to be in a friendly atmosphere. This is all ultimately about a game. Simple. It's a game that we enjoy. But about a game nonetheless.
Please, friends, think about this..........
Thanks.
Finally, thank you for your apology Silentcrisis. Apology accepted. No grudges between you and me.
End of OT post.

EDIT: I sincerely want to be here. I don't want to start nor participate in any negative behavior. Please understand me. There's no anger intended in my post, but I am passionate about fairness, and justice.
And as Diane often offers: "Group Hug??"
...anyone?
Lol! See you on the forums, friends.

Yes it is good to see more people actually putting up ideas, I was just saying you had a low count to well uhh, well yeah I was begin an arse about it. :P But just so you know, I tend to do that alot, sorry about it.
Kind of a habbit of mine. So try not to take any of my comments wrong or personal, since I don't really kno wanyone here, there is no way I could actually get extremly mad at anyone, but hey, 4 posts is still more than I had when I first got here, I posted like 2 things and lieft for about a month, and when all the clans I was in went donw hill, I needed people to talk to, so I came here. I just need to post my ideas, talk to someone, I feel weird not having anyone on anything to talk to. And lately I haven't been able to talk to anyone on games because my computer's well, not in good shape.
Nobody to make fun of in game so I do it here once in a while, but hey, be happy, I got banned from Advanced Infantry's forum, a clan I was formerly in, one of the first members, had a huge part in building the clan, I was knocked off the roster for inactivity, I thought AI was gone when the forums, and the server were gone, and I ahppened to see them on AAO, and went back and joined back up, my status was dropped from leader to a normal member, and we had an idiot acting stupid on the forums, telling us how much we sucked, and how stpuid we were, so I chewed him a new one. He was also a member who had been acting foolish about some new people to AA we had let into the clan, they had red frag rates, mine is red as well, so he was complaining about noobs with red frag rates. So I started telling him not to call us noobs, and to stop complaining about it. So I gave him reasons why we might have bad frag rates, and it just got way out of control, he was practically crying by the time we were done, kind of why I got recruited as a leader in the first place, but since I had my leader status taken away, I was nto permitted to do this, and I got a good chewing out from our founder, and well, since we had some bad moments right off, even after I apolagized for everything I'd done, I decided to leave the clan, the clan that I helped raize, it was a good set of guys, a bunch I knew well, so I stuck around on the forums, would go talk to them in AA and TS, and all of the sudden I was banned from the forums, and I couldn't get into there servers, or onto TS. They even blocked me off on Xfire, I still had one members Xfire, so I asked him if he could get the leader to unblock me long enough to talk to him why this happened. So he did, I talked to the leader, he absically said he didn't want me around anymore, and that I was of no use anymore. Now of course this made me mad, some of the guys in the clan heard about it, and started to leave, Made me feel so proud. :P Several discuccions arose about making a clan out of the many that had left, it never got off the ground, but now see, Sniper (our founder) is a 15 year old kid, the only thing he can do is ask his mommy and daddy for money to buy all this stuff, of course he gets it, this clan has just fallen apart ever since I left, and Sniper hates every bit of it. :?

Wow, I got off topic, but yeah, thats the latest forum I got banned from for barely any reason. Well that is the only forum and server. I am banned from other servers, but just because of clan enemies, and alliances with enemies, nothing to do with me being bad or anything. :roll:

But yes, I am sorry for my comment Death Touch. I think thats who I am writing this too, let me know if it's not. 8)

Maybe try Rediculous instead of ludicris. Sounds cooler, and it's clasic. And I belive what Silent did was give you some sort of criticism, or if it was a joke, I doubt it was meant to harm any feelings, but it is a public forum, and he is a moderator, no that does not give him the right to talk to you in a bad or inappropriate manner, but he did not speak to you that way.

Next time I'm just gonna stop trying to help people, always gets me in trouble. :|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:50 am 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
But yes, I am sorry for my comment Death Touch.

Hey thanks, Shiro. I hope everything works out for the both of us here. And no, don't stop trying to help people. Just make sure you can word it so that it does help people.
Thanks again,

DT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:40 am 
High Master
High Master

Lol, everyone and the signing of posts. :P