All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: "Disconnected for unknown reason" constantly
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:53 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Okay, so... i've got a crappy compy. 800mhz p3 coppermine, 128mb of RAM. enough said. It took me a few months to be able to play TC:E on it, even ET for that matter. I had to download a new vid card driver, play with my virtual memory size, and a few other things in order to play and to load maps without VM_Create crashing.

for a few weeks, i had TC:E running fine excluding the horrendously long load times and finding out i was spawnkilled every time i finally load a map. heh. But now, i can still play it, but every time i finish loading a map, i am returned to the main menu with a message saying "Server disconnected for unkown reason." I have the option to reconnect. When i reconnect, it usually is successful in loading the map a second time. Usually. For a while it was 3 times, once 4. But now usually 2.

I am "disconnected for unkown reason" on every server, every map. What's up with this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:02 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Well, if it's every server, every map; then it's either your computer or game. I'd suggest reinstalling it if the problem continued.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:51 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

When i was playing with Rosso a while back, he said there was a Punkbuster notice saying i was kicked for "no packet flow." As in... nothing doing. Could it just be that my computer is teh suxor and "extrememly slow packet flow" comes across as "no packet flow"? But that doesnt explain why i was successful in loading maps once in the past... mehzors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:54 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

So let me get this straight Azure... you were playing with yourself?

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:09 am 
Marksman
Marksman

My name isn't Rosso, bud. That happens to mean that i'm not playing with myself. Rosso and i were on a server, and when the next map finally loaded i was "disconnected for unkown reason" as usual. When i was disconnected, Rosso saw a Punkbuster message ingame saying i was kicked for "no packet flow."

When did it occur to you that Azure is the same name as Rosso?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:42 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Hmm... Funny... How do you know Rosso? Because he seems to be using one of your IP's. Could you contact him since you seem to be friends with him... I need to talk to him about something.

Sorry if I was irrational in my previous posts here, I haven't slept much lately...

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:51 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

by no packet flow I think PB means is that no data is being sent by you but you are receiving it. I dunno what on earth that is but it happens when attempting to download a map for the next level at most times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:51 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Silentcrisis, i sent you a PM that'll explain all that.

XenoKiller, you're saying that i'm getting information from the server, but it's not getting anything back in return? Is there anything i can do about that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:03 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

well, Im not sure, it seems like a glitch with both ET and the mod. Ive seen that happen in ET before. usually I just wait it out for the moment. I suggest that you dont adjust the .cfg settings because PB considers that as a hack and will kick and ban.

And Yes that is what i said. You are getting the data from the currently running game but the server is not detecting anything from yuor computer. It is like you are not pinging back to the server. It is a glitch in either the game or just the servers because it doesnt happen on all server. Usually I see it happening on servers that use modified versions of existing maps and thirdparty maps. It doesnt download the modified map because it can detect but doesnt know that the map you have is a different version of the same map. Because of these map differences, your pc is receiving the current packets of data of what is ging on in the game with the modified map, but the map you have doesnt match and therefore it can send back any information taht makes sense to the other map on the server.

Best fix is to get all the maps manually for the server you plan to play on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:39 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Understood. So this is a software/server problem, not a hardware and slow computer problem? That's good news... And how would i be able to "get the maps manually"? Aren't new maps downloaded when you connect, before they're loaded?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:51 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

the needed maps start downloading once you connect to a server. If you check server infos, some of them have ftps urls or clan websites, visit those site and you should be able to download appropriate map maks for specific servers by name or number if they have multiple servers.

Anyway the next version of TCE will have a pure server filter, which means you can choose to show only the servers that use only the original packaged maps and not thirdparty maps. Plus, downloading all the maps for the current version now wont be wise because they will nolnoger be supprted for the next version.

I suggest playing on admin protected clan servers for the best gameplay. public servers arent any fun unless the player is into using haxs.

-XenoKiLLer-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:53 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

okay, sounds good... i'll try reinstalling TC:E and wiping out all of those lousy zzzz's that i picked up from servers. A few days ago it took nearly 4 disconnection retries every single map. whewt.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]