Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: 7 new suggestions
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:38 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

1.PROPER SPAWN

you know evrytime you play on a server, and the admin is suddenly changing map, the spawn start is a chaos!! not evryone are spawning properly, cause not evryone was connected on time,

so evrytime the admin change map you always have a few people still connecting and a few people allready playing,

there are 2 solutions:

1 - make the counting start more longer, so instead of 30 seconds, make it 1 minute,

2 - just wait untill evryone pressed F3 or something, when theyre ready.

but this should only occure at the first match of a new map.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.REMOVE SCORES IN OBJ

allot of people will disagree with me on this, but IMHO the scores of how many people you killed in obj could be removed...

why? because obj is about teamwork, not about how many points an individual scores, its about wich team won or win,

this will increase the teamwork allot,

and if you really care about how many points you scored, than go play bodycount, cause bodycount is all about the scores and points.

-----------------------------------------------------------

3.JUMP & FALLS

the jumping and falls should be improved and upgraded,

the jumping and falls are actually really importent,
cause you could deminish the arcade feel allot when you improve the jumping and falls,

now heres my suggestion: there are some high places on the map where you should die when you fall off, currently nothings happening when you fall off from high buildings/places, or you just decrease your life meter, but its unrealistic, cause in real life you would walk cripple, or die,

walking cripple will never be programmed in the game, not impossible but too much work, so i suggest that you should die from a high fall,

this will make people play more carefully, so it will decrease the arcade factor.
-------
and evry time you land after you jump, the devs should add an animation,
so evrytime you land after a jump, the knees should bend a little and than it should life itself up to an normal position again, thats realistic,
and this possible, and the fps view should automaticly look up and down when you land after a jump,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

4.GESTURE CHAT
i suggested to add some handsignals in the game,
http://truecombat.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=386&start=0

well, since global chat is removed, there could a a gesture chat added, so instead of hearing voices, you make silent hand signals/gestures,

that would be cool, especially in objective,
it will give more depth into the game, it deminish the arcade feel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

5.SMALL LEDGES AND DOORSTEP

the small ledges and doorsteps are annoying, in the game you would have to jump on it, annoying especially when your out of stamina,

in real life you would just simply step over it,
i suggest the devs should make us and the first person model automaticly step over it, they have to intergrate an dynamic emvironment feature for this, so evry time you walk over a particular erea, fps view/3th person view will react a bit differently, like moving a bit differently,

----------------------------------------------------------------------

6.SMOKE NADE

i use the smoke nade allot, for stealth and cover up,
its a shame that it take a long time before the smoke comes outta the smoke nade, i suggest it should be way more earlier, same time when the flash bangs outta the flash nade,

it will increase the fun-factor even more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

7.IMPROVE SNOW MAPS & RAINY MAPS

the snow maps could use improvements, there is nothing wrong with dem_snow, but the snow is just fake and unrealistic, maybe the devs could use some realistic snow texture,

and the snow are also laying to flat on the ground, its should be unever, with a pile of snow pushes on the side of walls and side steps and stuff,
----------
and the RAINY maps could be more realistic, i dont see any rain falling and splattering on the guns and 3rd person model,

the only solution to make this possible is to add another layer of hitboxes on the model and weopons, but not for the bullets, but for the rain, evry time a raindrop falls on the gun or model, it should splatter, this would increase the realism
-------------------------------------------

please feel free to post your opinion and thoughts about it.

thanks.

Last edited by Dragonathan on Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:57 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

[qoute]2.REMOVE SCORES IN OBJ

allot of people will disagree with me on this, but IMHO the scores of how many people you killed in obj could be removed...

why? because obj is about teamwork, not about how many points an individual scores, its about wich team won or win,

this will increase the teamwork allot,

and if you really care about how many points you scored, than go play bodycount, cause bodycount is all about the scores and points.[/quote]
I agree to a certain extent...Maybe it should be togglable by voting/admin

Post subject: Re: 7 new suggestions
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:18 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
[color=green]4.GESTURE CHAT
i suggested to add some handsignals in the game,
http://truecombat.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=386&start=0

well, since global chat is removed, there could a a gesture chat added, so instead of hearing voices, you make silent hand signals/gestures,

that would be cool, especially in objective,
it will give more depth into the game, it deminish the arcade feel.

I actually REALLY like this idea. In real life, hand signals on the battleground are critical to sucess. They're quiet and can get the point across quite well. There is a downside to this though: giving away your position. But overall I actually find this to be a usefull suggestion (which is not something you expect from a post from Dragon). All of the rest are kinda so-so, but good one...... for once.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:37 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

thats because i didnt suggested improvement suggestions, but more new stuff... most people dont like improvement suggestions, because they think its allready in the game so why change it?

thats why... but improvements are also neccessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:43 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

id really like to see that jump thing fixed, Ive died alot because the avatar didnt jump high enough to get to places others just jumped on.
They could try the same jump as in Call of Duty2 where you jump over ledges knee high or higher by holding on and then pushing yourself over. While smaller ledges you can just walk right over.

The loading issue, increase the countdown timer for game start, and have a minimum of atleast 5 mins per game so that the maps dont jsut suddenly change, but for BC of CTF, 20 mins should be the limit.

Everyone should be walking slower under heavily snowed maps. Im sure anyone who lives in countries with 4 months of winter should know that.

BTW, the armament availability also supports the idea that you should play for yourself and not as a team. Some players actually dont play as a team jsut so that they can get more points for themselves to get the highest AAscore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:48 am 
Marksman
Marksman

I don't get the point of the third proposition; I haven't spotted anything special about falls...

I think the gesture chat is a good idea: it may improve communication within small squads.

The small ledges and jump problem will be fixed with the free climb feature I guess.

The rain splats idea may be hard to implement. I don't know how the rain really behaves in TCE but if the rain is displayed or not in reference of the skybox place, maybe this spot could be used to show rain impact on floor/models the same way... matter is: how much memory will it consume and how to handle that correctly ? (SOF2 is using a special shader to make it, but I don't remember if it was working for models as well -- also SOF2 isn't ET)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:30 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

when they fall from a high place they die but they dont drop dead they have the shot to death death animation instead. That isnt right in hundreds of ways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:49 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

(Okay... I never payed attention to that before. I see now.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:57 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

the rain might be a problem. Without a phyics engine we cant exactly create realistic splashing, all we can use are 2d voxels (2d image or the same image seen from different angles/planes set around a center, similar to the graphics and effects used in Command and Conquer 1,TS, RA1, and RA2).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:40 am 
High Master
High Master

1. This has actually been addressed on the main forum. I believe it will be set to a longer time before starting.

2. I don't really see a problem with it.

3. This is very tricky to balance. In previous versions of TCE, fall damage was extremely high, and you would be severely injured or killed by hardly falling at all. I think it's mostly fine as is, since sometimes fun must win over realism. However, I suspect the advent of freeclimb will lead to changes.

5. I think something was mentioned about this on the main forum.

6. Yes, but because it would be more realistic.

7. It's fine the way it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:50 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

kozak6 wrote:
3. This is very tricky to balance. In previous versions of TCE, fall damage was extremely high, and you would be severely injured or killed by hardly falling at all. I think it's mostly fine as is, since sometimes fun must win over realism. However, I suspect the advent of freeclimb will lead to changes.

i agree about that sometimes fun must win over realism,
like making bushes transparent, stuff like that,

i agree with you that gameplay is importent,

but...
its just that the jump&falls is making this mod feel so arcadish,
and i dont really like that arcadish feel,

its almost simulair like Quake games, where evryone just kill kill kill and jump off high freaking places and still be alive,
and without using any tactics and strategy's and stuff, i hate those games,

i just want a more simulation feel, where people are being careful when theyre standing at high places/building,

and not just jump without risking there life,
so if this issue is improved it would reduce the arcade feel,

oh and just because some of my suggestion has the same title as the suggestion that someone posted on the main.forum doesnt mean its exactly the same, read both posts and do a comparison, you'll notice that both have different perspective about it, you know that saying: many roads lead to rome,

my point here is, the idea might be heading to the same direction, but its not using the same road,

and i ment that metaphoricaly,

Last edited by Dragonathan on Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:58 am 
Master
Master

Dragonathan wrote:
1.PROPER SPAWN7.IMPROVE SNOW MAPS & RAINY MAPS

the snow maps could use improvements, there is nothing wrong with dem_snow, but the snow is just fake and unrealistic, maybe the devs could use some realistic snow texture,

and the snow are also laying to flat on the ground, its should be uneven, with a pile of snow pushed on the side of walls and side steps and stuff,
----------
and the RAINY maps could be more realistic, i dont see any rain falling and splattering on the guns and 3rd person model,

the only solution to make this possible is to add another layer of hitboxes on the model and weopons, but not for the bullets, but for the rain, evry time a raindrop falls on the gun or model, it should splatter, this would increase the realism
-------------------------------------------

please feel free to post your opinion and thoughts about it.

thanks.

Yes the snow does need to look better and the rain splater effect on the gun would be sweet :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:25 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

for the plants and bushes, they must use depth of field to make anything close to the avatar's eyes blur out. I dont think its that hard to do but you do know, the HDRi is being improved and that is alot better.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:25 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Reminder!! wrote:
1.PROPER SPAWN

you know evrytime you play on a server, and the admin is suddenly changing map, the spawn start is a chaos!! not evryone are spawning properly, cause not evryone was connected on time,

so evrytime the admin change map you always have a few people still connecting and a few people allready playing,

there are 2 solutions:

1 - make the counting start more longer, so instead of 30 seconds, make it 1 minute,

2 - just wait untill evryone pressed F3 or something, when theyre ready.

but this should only occure at the first match of a new map.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

what also needs to be changed,
are the spawn falls, it looks really senseless if the models look like they are falling from the sky's, devs should just make the models stand still...

and if one of your team mate change side/team, youll see that the model will lay dead on the ground, that should be removed,
make the models just dissappear, thats more proper,

it is the little tiny changes that sometimes makes a big difference,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:02 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

they dont need to disappear in one-life professional mode but in BC and CTF where players respawn, you have to get rid of the unused polygons.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next