Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Tips and Tricks
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:51 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

i know you got em so post em

1. Listen now and hopefully moreso soon tce has relatively immersive sound, use good head phones and pay attention, it is possible to close your eyes and get a solid idea of what direction your enemy is coming from before moving into an intercept position, do so

2. know thy map, seriously a great number of kills will come from knowing where you are and where to expect you enemies to come from. Play both sides so you know the whole map, learn where the objectives are.

There are times in life when you think you could just . . .
rebuild the earth and leave out the bad parts,
but that wouldn't leave much
and this isn't one of those times . . .

Last edited by AhabTheCapN on Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:26 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

i was gonna post this under to reload or not to reload, but i like your post betta ahab =D

1.while u r reloading, run in. do not hide, do not cower. if u r scared to run in, then reload and flank them. but dont stand still.
2.if by chance u see an enemy while u r in reload, dont be scared, run TOWARD THEM, PAST THEM, then turn around and kill them. learn the circle strafe, although tce is alittle slow at it.
3.pad your score by being the first to the enemy spawn =D
4.don't be scared to die.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:09 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Lost wrote:
i was gonna post this under to reload or not to reload, but i like your post betta ahab =D

1.while u r reloading, run in. do not hide, do not cower. if u r scared to run in, then reload and flank them. but dont stand still.
2.if by chance u see an enemy while u r in reload, dont be scared, run TOWARD THEM, PAST THEM, then turn around and kill them. learn the circle strafe, although tce is alittle slow at it.
3.pad your score by being the first to the enemy spawn =D
4.don't be scared to die.

These tactics will kill you if you're up against someone who doesn't lose his cool at the sight of a madly rushing enemy.

I'd like to propose an addendum to lost's tips: use them if you notice that your oppoenents are hesitant, unsure, or plain noobs. Most importabtly, use your head. there is no universal tactic to use in every situation. You need to make decisions as you play.

* If you are against someone who tries to rage you as much as you try to rage him, I'd suggest to wait for him and be prepared to place a well-aimed slug in his brain.
* If you still want to rush it, or if you have no other choice, prepare for a gamble. How well you aim doesn't matter so much because you'll be shooting from the hip anyway, so just pick the weapon with most ammo in the magazine and walk forward (don't sprint, or you won't be able to shoot).
* With the gun low, you will have to come pretty close to be able to hit him with most of your shots.
* If you bth run out of ammo, and he makes the mistake of reloading his, switch to your other weapon and put him down with an aimed shot. Otherwise just keep firing until you are alone or dead.
* Keep pressing yourself against him (most people find it extremely unnerving).
* Crouch if you feel that he's getting too many headshots on you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:36 am 
Marksman
Marksman

best strategy is if an enemy is rushing like the first post you pull out your glock, dont iron sight it, and just shoot at him.

most likely youll get a headshot and it will be an instant death.

best weapon IMO is mp5

its got single shot to pick of snipers and campers.

its got auto for close range.

and burst shot for strafe battles

(go behind walls, then strafe out)

the circle strafe i believe only works in CS.

if you get good at it though, man is it deadly.

thats how i used to knife, run right aorund the guy and shank him :)

Post subject: Re: Tips and Tricks
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:30 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

AhabTheCapN wrote:
i know you got em so post em

1. Listen now and hopefully moreso soon tce has relatively immersive sound, use good head phones and pay attention, it is possible to close your eyes and get a solid idea of what direction your enemy is coming from before moving into an intercept position, do so

2. know thy map, seriously a great number of kills will come from knowing where you are and where to expect you enemies to come from. Play both sides so you know the whole map, learn where the objectives are.

Both of these are really important in TCE, ecspecially #2. A lot of times i can guess what the enemy is going to to. You just kinda learn what people do after awhile, and learn what they THINK you are going to do, so do just the opposite and suprise them.

I think that post about running around while reloading is a really bad idea. But if you are on the opposite team as me, go ahead :wink: . I take cover a lot when reloading, then pop back out and shoot someone if they are coming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:39 am 
Marksman
Marksman

I`d say its all about skill: if you get the first shoot in the head...no reload, no cover needed, no nothing...so just learn to aim at the head...and this works for any shooter! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 3:11 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

*Wear a big sign around your neck that says, "Shoot me: I'm reloading".

J/k.

Definately keep mobile with the reload, circle to cover. Zig zag, or Zag zig... your call. Remember to switch it up though.

Combining the reload and sound tips... Listen for the reload. If you can hear a solitary tango start reloading he won't be shooting for a second or two.

-Matt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:04 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

In some situations it is all up to your "feeling" for the current situation in the field.

Outcast

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:34 am 
Master
Master

often i have camped in doors, protecting choke points and sniping out rambos. but even more often i have been killed by some sneaky guy that pops up. i tried to retreat and wait for him to come, but the doors were just so damn tight, i was stuck in the bloody way, a sitting duck. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:06 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

:roll: Thats All fun and Games. But Campers Need 2 die, unless im the one camping that is....lol:twisted:

But i like going off bymyself sneak up behind the other team and Knife em theres nothing better than Cold Steal blade lol :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:47 am 
Master
Master

lol ima go play chaos theory co op.. better knives HACK T3H N3CK!!!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]