All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:34 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
XenoKiLLer wrote:
It helps you hide. Why els would you lower your rifle? and your first explaination is because the rifle shows around a corner.


:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
evryone hide's in the game, not only campers.

and by the way, this is something what campers wont use, but it would be more used by the assaullt combatants,

campers wont use this, because what camper do, is hide in a corner in a proning position.

lowering the rifle would be use more by combatants.

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:53 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 4573
Location: Canada, ON
Who said camping was limited to hiding in a prone position? And how would you say assault is suppose to use this? Hide and wait for the defense team to run in them shoot them? isnt that what camping is because that is what camping is, waiting for someone to run in then kill them. If they can see your rifle and since that is the reason for this suggestion, just face the wall, and stand back a little bit then lean. it will be like looking aound the wall and if you let go of leaning, then your gun wont be visible. They have to give this game simplicity when playing having far too many controls will only make it suck.

_________________
Image
Terms of Use||TC:E + W:ET EULA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:00 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
XenoKiLLer wrote:
just face the wall, and stand back

thats a bad idea, because i want clear view infront,

XenoKiLLer wrote:
They have to give this game simplicity when playing having far too many controls will only make it suck.

whats so complex about pressing the toggle/run button once to lower your rifle? its basicly the same like running/roggle only you can lower your rifle automaticly by standing still (i dont udnerstand why i have to repeat myself over and over again), there no need to add a new key,

XenoKiLLer wrote:
having far too many controls will only make it suck.

what controls?

again, you dont know what your saying.

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Last edited by Dragonathan on Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:06 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 4573
Location: Canada, ON
So yuor saying that if I stand still in the midle of a hallway, my rifle lowers? Or if stan by the corner it lowers?

Because, the game cant tell wether your in the middle of the hallway or by the corner. All the code will do is lower automatically or on command. Adding another control isnt going to be easy as most of the ergonomically reacable keys have already been bound, unless everyone has a six button mouse (which I really want to get one), thenthis isnt going to be easy to bing. Youll say its just bind this to that. It isnt easy to program input for a code that does more than add and subtract.

Strategically, Id rather have stance up and down so I can crouch behind cover and stance up a bit so I can shoot rather than lowering my gun which can result in getting killed. I would prefer to always have my gun up in that kind of situation.

_________________
Image
Terms of Use||TC:E + W:ET EULA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:18 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
XenoKiLLer wrote:
Because, the game cant tell wether your in the middle of the hallway or by the corner. All the code will do is lower automatically or on command.


did you even read the TITLE of this thread?
:Lower your rifle Manually.

XenoKiLLer wrote:
It isnt easy to program input for a code that does more than add and subtract.


and thats why they need more people in the team, more programmers & animators.

XenoKiLLer wrote:
I would prefer to always have my gun up in that kind of situation.


thats a good idea, lower the rifle, or have your gun up,

maybe if your standing still, and press the toggle/run key, you should hold your gun up,
but when your holding the toggle/run key while moving forward,
you should than lower your gun automaticly

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:26 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 4573
Location: Canada, ON
I SISNT say it has to be automatically, but the code will not be able to tell whether or not you are in the middle or in by the corner. So, inorder to get the controls for this, It has to have its own key. Which key do you suggest then? most of the easily reached keys are already used.

_________________
Image
Terms of Use||TC:E + W:ET EULA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:32 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
XenoKiLLer wrote:
inorder to get the controls for this, It has to have its own key. Which key do you suggest then? most of the easily reached keys are already used.


XenoKiLLer wrote:
They have to give this game simplicity when playing having far too many controls will only make it suck.


it dont have to need his own key,
like i said before, it could be the toggle/run key,

if you hold the toggle/run key ("while holding still")
than your gonna hold your gun up,

but if you hold the the toggle/run key
("while moving") forward/backward, than your gonna hold your gun low

this is the most easiest/simple method.

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:38 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 4573
Location: Canada, ON
Isnt it going to be stressing to hold that key while you fire? the toggle key only works when your moving and it automatically turns off when you stop, and what you are stopped, it only becomes a regular key that makes you run the next momen you move aslong as you hold it.

Are you suggesting that the gun wil always be put down unless you press this key to put it up?

_________________
Image
Terms of Use||TC:E + W:ET EULA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:44 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
XenoKiLLer wrote:
Are you suggesting that the gun wil always be put down unless you press this key to put it up?


not exactly, ok ill explain it one more time,

too bad i have to repeat it again

read it attentively:

it dont have to need his own key,
like i said before, it could be the toggle/run key,

if you hold the toggle/run key ("while holding still")
than your gonna hold your gun up,

but if you hold the the toggle/run key
("while moving") forward/backward, than your gonna hold your gun low

this is the most easiest/simple method.


Quote:
if you hold the toggle/run key ("while holding still")
than your gonna hold your gun up,


Quote:
but if you hold the the toggle/run key
("while moving") forward/backward, than your gonna hold your gun low


XenoKiLLer wrote:
Are you suggesting that the gun wil always be put down unless you press this key to put it up?


i never said that the gun always be put down,

you still dont get it??

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:53 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 4573
Location: Canada, ON
Quote:
if you hold the toggle/run key ("while holding still")
than your gonna hold your gun up,


I think it is better if you hold the gun low when you hold the key while your standing still. Having to hold the key just to keep the gun up isnt good ergonomics for gaming.[/quote]

_________________
Image
Terms of Use||TC:E + W:ET EULA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:57 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
maybe your right, if you lower your gun while holding still, you have a better view infront, but than again, holding your gun up is a very awesome looking eyecandy.
because you can have good view of the hardwork the devs have put into the gun

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Last edited by Dragonathan on Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:59 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 4573
Location: Canada, ON
It has to be a tactical feature not just eyecandy.

_________________
Image
Terms of Use||TC:E + W:ET EULA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:05 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:38 pm
Posts: 2007
ET hitboxes=FUBAR.
gun=in hitbox.
gun=good way to spot people.
gun=good.

the [size=999357298456289346582734658276495786]sprint[/size] key is already used. binding another function will crash the game, or override sprint.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:19 am 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:06 pm
Posts: 4573
Location: Canada, ON
Its one of the ways me and other people in all fps game hunt down unskilled campers. I know their mistakes because I used to camp once, now I dont and my frag list goes up because I hide less and charge out more.

_________________
Image
Terms of Use||TC:E + W:ET EULA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:42 pm 
Offline
Forum Master
Forum Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:48 am
Posts: 1239
Lowering your rifle manually would just be another unneeded add on.

I could give a shit less about realism. Because the WET engine limits every type of realism their is to deal with.

~Silentcrisis

_________________
Image

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Style created by © Matti, gry komputerowe, reklama sem reklama seo

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group