Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Post subject: lower your rifle manually.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:02 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

you allready have the ability to lower your rifle in the game,
but thats only if you hold the toggle key and move forward.

but your not able to hold still and lower your rifle.
but its also importent to lower your rifle when you holding still,
why?

because when im in corners like this:

its absolutely importent to lower your rifle.
why?

because most time the enemy will see the tip of my rifle:

i usualy switch to my pistol, when im in corners like that, and we all know the pistol's length is way shorter,

thats why i came up with the idea to lower your rifle manually,
so you can hide inconspicuously:
it should be done by pressing the toggle key once to lower your rifle,
with out moving any directions.

this will increase the "stealth factor"
and it add a little bit "sophistication factor" into the game

Quote:
and xeno please dont move this to the weopon section,
just because you see the words rifle and pistol in this thread,
its not specificly about weopons.
so please dont put this in the weopon section just like you did with allot of threads thats actually about gameplay, but it only has words like pistol/rifle in the thread.

Post subject: Re: lower your rifle manually.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:17 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

edit:
it would be awesome if you still can lean left and right,
while holding your rifle/pistol low.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:08 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Unnecessary animations that are added to the game, that's all these are.

I'm fine with how it is.

Then again, you and I are differrent. While you seek ultra-fucking realism. I look for a fun game to play. Because in the end, I'm just going to end up ignoring the useless animations that are added.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:35 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

too hard, can't be done on old game engines. that's about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:02 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Its really no problem to add this, its jsut a few hundred frames of animation and a few thousand lines of code to get the distances right and prevent the models from folding and convulging into something that looks like a piece of paper with rounded 3d top and bottom.

The simple solution is to stand back a little bit or dont camp at all. I wouldnt try to hide in a corner like that as everytime I do that and a teammate jumps out, TK either me or him. Although you can do that in AA by simple looking at the wall and pressing forward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:45 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

actually this animation is allready in the game,
but you cant lower your rifle when your holding still,
you only lower your rifle when you toggle/run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:13 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

yuo mean SPRINT. always run is on by default, so you're almost always running, unless you hit the walk key.

actually, the rifle dissapears. unrealistic, hellz yeah! but hard-wired in thousands of lines of code. HELLZ YEAH!!!!!!~!~!!~!!1`1`11

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:20 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well, this is more of a straight forward shooter, kinda like a run and gun deal already. Lowering your rifle means your going to be camping and that isnt something people would want to help you do. In America's Army, you will automatically lower the rifle when your facing a wall and risking a ricohette damage or when your directly behind or infront of a teammate and facing him. The thing is, America's Armyis a game where run and gun doesnt work as good as it does in CS or Battlefield2. TCE supports the run and gun thing very well being a Quake based game and a mod for a run and gun WWII game. That style of gameplay doesnt need campers and since you can normally take more than one shot there is no need to camp at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:04 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Xeno, calm down. He wants this game to be how he wants to be.

Don't invade his thread space or he'll get all "up in your grill".
;)

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:44 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

That is what you will call getting to my point in the "fastest-most-direct-and-frankest-manner-as-soon-as-possible-way-to-get-my-point-in-someone's-head-besides-using-a-9mm-lead-tipped"

I am a sniper in most fps games, yet I dont camp. I go out there put myself in the open and snipe from there. Camping just isnt my style and I really dont like the idea of it. It is one of the most unrealistic thing.

This game isnt really that high end to actually have enough code to support these eyecandy features. I think I have read that in one of Carmack's writtings from thier FTP server. The quake engine cannot handle anything over 1024 polys and that the code itself has its limits before it crashes itself. Well, as a matter of fact, all kinds of programs have their limits. You cant program to many features into one program and expect it not to crash. (thats why official plugins exist, not only because they have left those out intentionally to make more money off of you but because adding more and more stuff in a program will make it unuseable and maybe even crashy)

If you really wanted something that "maybe" be able to do what you want, try looking around the HL2 modding forums (believe me those guy's arent as good as Quakers, if you think were bad @$535, they are worst).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:48 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
"fastest-most-direct-and-frankest-manner-as-soon-as-possible-way-to-get-my-point-in-someone's-head-besides-using-a-9mm-lead-tipped"

I get your point. :lol:

/Dragonathon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:02 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
This game isnt really that high end to actually have enough code to support these eyecandy features. I think I have read that in one of Carmack's writtings from thier FTP server. The quake engine cannot handle anything over 1024 polys and that the code itself has its limits before it crashes itself. Well, as a matter of fact, all kinds of programs have their limits. You cant program to many features into one program and expect it not to crash. (thats why official plugins exist, not only because they have left those out intentionally to make more money off of you but because adding more and more stuff in a program will make it unuseable and maybe even crashy)

and again, you keep whining about the same stuff, one evry thread,

instead talking about how difficult it is,
try to suggest something that makes it possible,

and maybe you keep whining, because you think you can kill the suggestion i made, but to be honest, you cant kill someone suggestion by whining about how hard/difficult it is, the only way you can kill someone's suggestion, is to give a freaking good reason why the suggestion he made is not needed in the game, but still, if he gives a very good point why your wrong, you still not able to kill his suggestion,
the only people that can kill someone's suggestion are the devs themself,

and trust me if you keep saying thats impossible to someone's suggestion, big chance the devs gonna try to implent it, because game developers love challanges, game developers dont care about the simple things, most game developers care about things that other games dont have.

p.s. you also cant kill someone's suggestion by flaming,
it wont work, flaming is almost like spamming, thats how the devs probably look at it too,

like i said, the only way to kill someone suggestion is to give a good reason why its not needed in the game, but if the person gives a good point why your wrong, you can forget it, the only one's that can kill someone suggestion are the developers, they're the one that decides things to be added in the game or not, not you people.

edit:
On Topic: the devs dont have to add new animations or something,
they just have to make it able to lower your rifle by pressing the run/toggle key when your holding still.

Last edited by Dragonathan on Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:23 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:15 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

to kill th suggestion, kill the the one who made it. jk

Now can you stop qouting your only making the posts longer.

Now, there is nothnig wrong with your suggestion. and I didnt say anything that it isnt a good one but it just isnt possible to do with the current limitation of the code. The TCE source code already made the original ET source code longer by several hundred thousand lines.

Another thing is, with TCE's current rules, camping really is a problem, until the camping can completely be removed, then anything that helps camping like easy to use sniper rifles and other things that help you camp should not be implemented till then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:21 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Another thing is, with TCE's current rules, camping really is a problem, until the camping can completely be removed, then anything that helps camping like easy to use sniper rifles and other things that help you camp should not be implemented till then.

what does lowering your rifle have to do with camping?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:25 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

It helps you hide. Why els would you lower your rifle? and your first explaination is because the rifle shows around a corner.