Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:35 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

No need to hyperventilate there! CTF, BC and OBJ are suppost to be like 3 different part of shoes and therefor everyone will be able to play what satisfies him/her. I am going to try all of them out and criticism should be impartial and not hold the sort of whinathan way. There are serious reasons behind the project, why those modes are going to be seperated and to stay on topic: Sharing in bc (if it fits to the gameplay), would be no bad thing either. CTF will have different weapon loadouts for sure - look at the Q3 predecessor...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:03 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

now that this is decided. Guess we can summarize this topic and format it as the devs need to see this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:25 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Who idea was the cartwheel? Sure a soldier wouldnt use a foreign weapon unless he is trained to do so. But, would a soldier leave dead comrade's gun behind for the enemy to use against them. The US army made their guns very effective in a way, and are very expensive. I dont think the soldiers are suppose to just leave those guns for the enemy to pick up and use against the soldiers who brought them there. Lets put it this way, you can only pick up friendly weapons and not enemy weapons.

thats a very good point,
thats all i have to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:09 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

you should be able to pick up the enemy's weopon too,
why? because it increases the ( i call it ) "do whatever" feel of this game,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:22 pm 
Master
Master

don wrote:
No need to hyperventilate there!

No one is "hyperventilating", or even emoting that I'm aware of... I'm only eemphasizing a reiterating point of fact that seems to have been completely ignored throughout the thread. So no need to personalize with implied or under the breath insults, Don...

There's two guys that good intentions or not spam feature suggestions (and spam in general) on these fourms that have no bearing on reality or continuity with reality or even a congruent arcade game design.

A paid, full-time, commercial game dev team of 30 could not implement a fraction of the suggestions spammed on these forums and vetted wtih more spam purely for 'pet wish' and 'personal favorite' reasons' -- by just these two guys...

don wrote:
CTF, BC and OBJ are suppost to be like 3 different part of shoes and therefor everyone will be able to play what satisfies him/her.

Yes, I've acknowledged that already -- but these chuckle heads don't even specify what they're suggesting for, or any value as far as outcome on game-play (remember Free Mod Developer time is VERY finite)...

don wrote:
I am going to try all of them out and criticism should be impartial and not hold the sort of whinathan way.

That's nice, but what's "whinathan"?

don wrote:
There are serious reasons behind the project, why those modes are going to be seperated and to stay on topic: Sharing in bc (if it fits to the gameplay), would be no bad thing either. CTF will have different weapon loadouts for sure - look at the Q3 predecessor...

Serious reasons? What "serious reasons"? What does the seperation of game modes have to do with spam for unrealistic feature float, and spam for features that would take months of Developer time adding litte or nothing to any of the game modes?

XenoKiLLer wrote:
now that this is decided. Guess we can summarize this topic and format it as the devs need to see this.

Now that what's "decided"? Decided by who?

Dragonathan wrote:
thats a very good point,
thats all i have to say.

What's a good point?

Dragonathan wrote:
you should be able to pick up the enemy's weopon too,
why? because it increases the ( i call it ) "do whatever" feel of this game,

Should? If you "should" be able to simply because you feel it increases the "do whatever" feel of the game, and satisfies your feelings about that -- how is that any different then adding the ability for player to do cartwheels or hop on one foot?

Dragonathan, XenoKiller, I've asked you both this question multiple times, and have been ignored -- multiple times; is English your First language? Is there a language and understanding barrier here? You respond like you either don't comprehend half of what you're reading (including each other's posts) or aren't reading what anyone is posting but you....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:31 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

is there anyone here you're calling illiterate? A reminder from the admins, they dont want anyone starting a flame war here or any of the threads. If you're going to add some useless remarks on threads and attacking specific members in this forums, I am allowed to moved and remove those posts that do. Remember Dragonathan is dutch and I am Filipino. We both speak English as second languages, and I have been speaking English for the past 13 years or as far as I can remember. We both arent from NA, I for one recently moved to Canada, so what is the point of that question. (and this last sentence ended in a period because your not suppose to answer it)

So please, enough of this and stay on topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:36 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

I speak three languages fluently including English, which was my second languages. *Notices that nobody cares...*

Anyways, don't start flame wars dragon because in the end, the biggest flamer is the one that is *I need a large hot beef injection ♡*. :P

And it wouldn't be a flame war without me.

¡Paz fuera de perras!

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:38 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

dragon didnt start this one. He didnt have anything to do with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:41 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

He's just trying to put in the last word...

Oh well, it's your call Xeno, you're the fireman in this situation.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:48 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Yes I know that. The thing is, he shouldnt attack anyone in his last statement. I dont mind his criticism, but his attacks just draws the line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:16 am 
Master
Master

My post is definitely NOT intended as a flame, insult or an attack on anyone; it is intended to pose vaild sincere questions that I have posed repeatedly without receiving a direct response that suggests any manner of understanding. That fact, and your obvious misunderstanding of my intentions only further reinforces the points I've been trying to make...

I have worked on nearly a dozen mod teams and two commercial game projects where we had people from all over the world -- I greatly and sincerely appreciate that it is you making the effort at translation as I speak no Dutch and very little Tagalog...

But, when the language of the forum is not your first language that alone can be the source of enormous misunderstanding (from all involved in the discussion) on even the simplest points.

It is a demonstrated fact, in a double-blind scientific test -- as I posted in the thread about misunderstanding; that people are not able to determine with even 50% accuracy (ie. the monkey's score) whether someone is being sincere or sarcastic via text, even if they know the person intimately and are native to the same language.

My questions and points are sincerely intended, and not as an insult to anyone -- now I know I have to make more of an effort to make my points clearer; though pervious attempts at the same thing failed miserably on the 'Official Forum', where I went to greater lengths to explain and avoid misunderstanding...

Please take this to heart and consider what I am saying...

Spam is a separate issue and an important one, this forum because of it's enormous post volume from a very small number of users needs to consider priorities unless it want's to continue to devolve into little more then a glorified IRC log file...

:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:46 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

well. sorry about that then, but do remember that anyway. It is surprising that I am better than most of the native English speaking Canadians. They are actually happy about getting grades of 50-80 in English. It isnt very promising if those are the statistics and plus the fact that not a lot of people here pass the grade 10 literacy test.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, if you want hoak, you could summarize and end this thread. I can then clean it up later on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:39 am 
Master
Master

Speaking, reading, writing a language with good grammar, diction -- ie. competent literacy skills -- and actually understanding the depth and subtlety that native speakers take for granted speaking colloquially is a very different thing...

We do have serious literacy issues in North America; our own College Entrance SAT tests are taken by thousands of students internationally in English -- of 300 Countries ranked (many of them third world) the U.S. ranks 289, almost at the bottom...

But I digress...

Surely you'd like these forums to be something the Developers of this mod actually read, use, and understand in creating this mod; yes?

Just as surely you must see my point that there are literally thousands of vague, personal, 'pet wish' posts here that give no consideration to practicality, implementation, or real return on investment of Game Developer time as far as game-play outcome?

I am sorry if I seem overly critical, I've been moderating forums for nearly two decades -- since they were a BBS phenomena in fact... I know you've only been a Moderator for a few weeks, and don't even have real Admin access to the forums -- but you're not even shaping and directing discussion to keep things on topic. In fact you just as often join in -- taking many threads miles of topic, helping turn what should be focused design discussion threads into long, rambling and laborious chat logs that no sane Mod Developer will have the time or inclination to read...

The reason I hammer on this point so much is TC:E really has no high quality game design forums like some other successful games and mods, that are carefully formatted and moderated offering Developer and Mod Talent (and new Fans that want to create content) the kind of clear, focused and easy to navigate forum design and discussion these other games have that both Fan and Developer benefit enormously from.

This really could be that forum for TC:E, there's certainly enough enthusiasm here, but just not enough effort being made in the form of Moderation, forum design, and Fan thought or consideration given to how posts are made.

There's nothing 'wrong' with the forums 'as is' -- just a lot of opportunity that costs everyone that cares about this mod a great opportunity to communicate effectively...

:arrow:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:10 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

thats because my authorization in these forums is to keep people from starting flames and clean up the forums in preparation for 049, which BTW ongoing. It just seems that no matter how we want to keep the forums neat, it will always get messed up as noone really joins the forums to read the read before posting. They join because they have a technical problem and cant wait to get it fixed, thus they post all over the place most of the time. Now it is my job to put those posts int he right place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:23 am 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

Welcome to my world ;)

It is hard work keeping a forum managed. You're doing a great job and keep it up. I seem to be spending more time moving posts about the forums as they seem to just wonder in, post then run.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next