Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: I just had an idea, remote charges
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 3:04 pm 
Expert
Expert

Remote charges! C4! Claymore!

Or, a very dirty weapons, such as landmines, terrorists would do anything to
lay their hands on one of them.

As of triggered by a step over it, you hear a click, but if you make one more step, you die, so you have to wait for another operative to disarm it.

Give some thought.

*edit* Infact, instead of defusing a bomb from the crate, why not defuse a bomb from under VIP's foot ???!!!

Tactical Combat Force Member - <TCF>Heretic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:55 am 
Expert
Expert

Ahaha!

I like this... especially the VIP land mine thingy xD

Post subject: Re: I just had an idea, remote charges
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:55 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Heretic wrote:
As of triggered by a step over it, you hear a click, but if you make one more step, you die, so you have to wait for another operative to disarm it.

^I like that idea.^

Other than that I hate landmines and/or claymore. The reason is quiet simple - I hate to die like that, lol.

Outcast

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:57 pm 
Expert
Expert

Horrible way to die. But seing FRONT TO THE ENEMY bit through your scope is priceless...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:44 pm 
High Master
High Master

I think it would be interesting if some maps had integral mine fields, maybe with a sign to initially warn you.

Or maybe they could be used to block off shortcuts, or good sniper spots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:46 pm 
Expert
Expert

if they were stationary on the maps, it would be easy to remember them, if they are spawned whithin a certain area, that would be great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:17 am 
Expert
Expert

Just an idea I had round Heretic's house this evening;

A new type of game, infiltrate. Listen, it gets better.. I just suck at names...

Right so basically the two teams start at either end of the map and right in the middle is a building, bunker, whatever, with either a VIP or some other objective inside- could just be a good cover and vantage point for the holding team and therefore make killing the enimies easier and a sort of reward...

Simple as this may sound, how about on the way to this central building, the many paths are littered with randomly spawned mines which can be diffused like a normal bomb (Techkits decrease dissarming times obviously..) Would be intresting IMO...

Last edited by <TCF>Buschman on Thu May 12, 2005 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:35 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

i like this thought a whole bunch

following the lead of the infiltrate game type i think it might be cool to have a terrorists' lair gametype where the terrorsists have a certain amount of time to set traps from a prefigured arsenal of claymores mines etc and then have specops try to get an objective from the terrorists lair (a hostage, or a small tactical nuke say), and then switch sides --

just a thought

There are times in life when you think you could just . . .
rebuild the earth and leave out the bad parts,
but that wouldn't leave much
and this isn't one of those times . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:34 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Already been suggested. Met with unpopularity, might I add.

http://www.truecombat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1682&highlight=claymore

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:18 am 
Master
Master

to have landmines would be really awesome, and could effectively take out those f!!king campers, but bear in mind, that most of TC:E's floors are either concrete, or steel, or wood. you could maybe put prox mines, or laser mines, like in chaos theory. or maybe like camo mines that take on the texture of the floor. composite 4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:59 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

CLaymores some do some serious area damage. 700 steel balls blasted with C4 is gunna hurt a lot of people in the blast area. Teamkills might be a problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:12 am 
Master
Master

simple!! an easy way to fix tk's is to make the landmines only tick/arm/get ready to blow up/hiss/ when the other teams step on it. like in quake3 or ut2k4. (btw frag ops is an excellent ut2k4 mod. AND Red Orchestra!!!!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:38 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Teammates could still be in the area, and if the mines only blew when an enemy walked on them, we might as well just turn Friendly Fire off, which would be completey unrealistic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:02 am 
Master
Master

itd be cool if you could like stick a mine on the floor and itd disappear. then an enemy comes, and you step into view. he brings his sights up and prepares to open fire. you're holding a little device with a big red button on it, and the guy asks, " yo whats with the lil box thingy?". you smile, and say "look down." he indeed does lo0k down, and sees a cluster of fatass mines smiling at him. *0h shit.....* then you press the button bo0m!!!! to put it simply, id like remotely controlled explosives, like the satchel charge in et, or the oversized grenade charge thingy in ravenshield. i was playing onthe HzK(hells kitchen) server the other day, and turns out some dude planted every single onof his 100 mines next to the tank. what followed was.... all white.. but i didnt die!!!! team mines :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:42 am 
Marksman
Marksman

flyhead(cn) wrote:
to have landmines would be really awesome, and could effectively take out those f!!king campers

Could you explain to me how claymores that stay in one place could be used against campers? I mean when they never move they can't get to the mine, isn't it?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next