All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:26 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
no, gore is part of the game, a necessary part of it. but in multiplayer, having swearing isnt the source of incresing "funfactor"

that has nothing to do with it.

But people are ignorant and think that swearing is cool, your average 10 year old that should be waiting for his balls to drop before he starts playing these games, and shoots their mouth off.

Its not the people that go too far, its the people.

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:13 am 
High Master
High Master

Swearing? IMHO, it's completely unnecessary. The game will get along just fine without it, and the lack of it adds more to the professional feel of the game. You don't see swearing in the Tom Clancy series, SWAT, etc. Why should it be in TCE?

Suggestive themes? Crude humor? This isn't Postal. Or Postal II, for that matter. The mod isn't really headed in that direction, in case you failed to notice.

I think some hidden funny voice commands might be good, but that should be the extent of it, if anything.

Hand signals seem to be largely unnecessary as well. In Warrock, for example, not a single person uses them. Ever. Since animation is such a pain in the ass, it doesn't seem worthwhile to spend all that time animating when the work would go better to skinning and animating a new weapon or making more maps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:28 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Of course, it would be cool, if the voice chats would go accompany with gestures and the like. Nethertheless, I am highly sceptical about seeing it ever beeing brought ingame, since the animations depict a big challenge for the developers, currently.

I don't want to see rude language nor would I like to have cumputer geek slang ever be included in tc:e.

Custom server sounds will be added pretty soon, I guess. Something similar as you see in couterstrike will probably make it's way trough the servers aswell (where someone types something like e.g. camper and then it plays this custom sounds, but you also have to consider that mostly admins only are able to play such sounds. Guess why!). Sound packs that will replace the official voices will appear pretty soon too, but the sounds that are provided by the tc:e devs should be on a high level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:11 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

that is exactly my point there dragon. the game is rated mature meaning tis emant for mature players, swearing is just the most immature thing one can do in a game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:13 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

kozak6 wrote:
Suggestive themes? Crude humor? This isn't Postal. Or Postal II, for that matter. The mod isn't really headed in that direction, in case you failed to notice.

calling names like the human genitals, stuff like that.. thats what i mean,

kozak6 wrote:
I think some hidden funny voice commands might be good, but that should be the extent of it, if anything.

i want voices that allows the enemy to hear it too,
and it would be fun if there are some "ordinairy cursing words"
like you bitch, or,.. you pussy,
it dont have to be cursing words only,
i just wanna have some cursing words, and dont make a big deal out of it,

its not that i suggested A
"i wanna lick your pussy, than i wanna come all over your face after I mastrubated" voice. :roll:

words like, you pussy, or.., you bitch, isnt too much,
it actually gives you the "real world feel" and it is fun to use those voices.

kozak6 wrote:
Hand signals seem to be largely unnecessary as well. In Warrock, for example, not a single person uses them. Ever. Since animation is such a pain in the ass, it doesn't seem worthwhile to spend all that time animating when the work would go better to skinning and animating a new weapon or making more maps.

well, i know for shure that i will use the hand signals
especially in some situations when you just dont need to type or use the voice box to explain your team mate something that you want them to do,
when you just can simply use 1 single hand signal to make your team mate understand what you mean.

kozak6 wrote:
Since animation is such a pain in the ass, it doesn't seem worthwhile to spend all that time animating when the work would go better to skinning and animating a new weapon or making more maps.

thats up the devs to decide, not you...
what you need to do is just be patience, and stop expecting that 0.49 will be available in 2 weeks.

now if you start doing that,
we might see some intresting idea's from kozak :wink:

Last edited by Dragonathan on Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:17 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

hearing the enemy voices is a good idea

built in cursing and profanity not a good idea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:34 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I think its better if both teams got totally different voices,
both teams should say different things, terrorist should have some cursing,
and specop should insult in A friendly way.

so you will have different feel on both team,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:49 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

thats better.. also, possibly try have the people saying things in different languages. Since the SpecOps team is supposed to be international, its better to have some speaking in different accents like russian, french, german, american, asian, etc. Same thing with the terrorist, but mostly deep arian accent or possibly some middle eastern accent (but deep arian is more believable since the models look like russians) It would be nice to hear the enemy speaking in different languages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:59 pm 
Master
Master

*i-need-a-broader-vocab* *I need a large hot beef injection ♡* suggestion. swearing is the most tragic thing you have come up with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:12 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

flyhead(cn) wrote:
*i-need-a-broader-vocab* *I need a large hot beef injection ♡* suggestion. swearing is the most tragic thing you have come up with.

be more constructive on your post,
instead calling evrything *I need a large hot beef injection ♡*, its better if you explain why you dont want it,
so i can debate and discuss with you why you're wrong,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:05 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

now lets keep continuing talking about hand-signals,
i've opened A new thread for voice boxes.
http://truecombat.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=409
so if you have something to say about the voices in TCE,
post something on that thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:28 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

kozak6 wrote:
...You don't see swearing in...SWAT,...

actually SWAT 4 now has suspects that swear like "oh, S#@% cops!" but they're like casual idiots.

and hand signals would eat up valuable animators (animator-scarsity caused PoP to move to the source engine). they are in tribes, and they are funny, but are mostly unused. I do, however, sometimes use them for humor if I"m bored.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:05 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

yes but there is no use for them to be in the voice commo. If someone wanted to to that, then let them type it in manually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:22 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

hand signels would be nice on ET if you do in console /cmdlit you will ee a +salute,-salute i havnt seen if these work but you know=]
also swearing....

WE-DON'T-WANT-A-NEW-GTA!
ok?

T-S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:55 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

The-Sniper wrote:
hand signels would be nice on ET if you do in console /cmdlit you will ee a +salute,-salute i havnt seen if these work but you know=]
also swearing....

WE-DON'T-WANT-A-NEW-GTA!
ok?

T-S

first of all can you stop using small fonts,
and second of all, did i said i want TCE to be exactly the same like GTA?
second of all, check you're sign, that something i did not said,
you put words in my mouth, read first page of this topic, read it word by word, you will find out i never said, "i want A *i-need-a-broader-vocab* you handsignal"
i get the feeling you're one of those dumb main.forum people, that just came on this forum to mess things up like what you people always do on the main forum

and for the second time,
if you watch A small report on the soldiers in iraq on CNN,
you will see that some soldiers curse,
thats just real life. and thats whats soldiers do in real life.

and im not saying we should get A hole list of cursing voices,
i just want some... and serieus, am i connecting with 10 year olds and toddlers here?

anyways

on Topic:
i really really want some handsignals, because handsignals is A feature that makes us able to do A simple quik communication with fellow team mates

Quote:
-move left
-move right

-come here

-move forward

-no...

-we split

Oh... and if you dont like it, than dont use it!
as simple as that, handsignals is not something what you will see in the game constantly, is not that i suggested
"A big backpack with A flag on the model's back"

and probably you will eventually use it too,

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next